Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by OcieKo View Post
    In the case of the party UI enmity bars, it requires your primary target to be an enemy, depending on how your control setup is, that part of the enmity displays is inactive when your using single target heals.
    Indeed. Since I use mouse over macros I overlooked that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ociela Koslun
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EaMett View Post
    Indeed. Since I use mouse over macros I overlooked that.
    Yep, that would do it. Never been one to use em myself. Also you have the possibility of pure controller players as well. Dunno how they can stand playing that way tho, anything beyond of soloing as a DPS and I can no longer play that way. But, none-the-less, it is a valid way of playing this game that can't be overlooked on topics like this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Estellise Valesti
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Dunno how they can stand playing that way tho .
    Quite easily, thank you very much.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ociela Koslun
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by VanilleFang View Post
    Quite easily, thank you very much.
    My co-healer does as well, still baffles me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    ]True, still cant figure out how people need it [Refresh] when an encounter is going well. Healer MP maintenance is so rediculously easy if your not casting a pile of rezzes.
    In instances where the healers do not necessarily need the MP refresh that Refresh provides, it is usually used as a tool to extend Foe’s Requiem OR refresh MP for more Foe’s usages throughout a given fight (if you have a BRD). Typically, in weekly Savage clears, I use it to extend Foe’s from 22 seconds to roughly 30 seconds. If a group has a BRD and a MCH, the MCH can use Refresh to replenish the BRD’s MP faster, while the BRD uses their own Refresh to extend each Foe’s cast.

It is also an enmity dump for the BRD/MCH that uses it, so that can be another reason they use it, if they are creeping up on aggro and need to dump it to save the tank an unnecessary aggro combo.
    (0)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Ociela Koslun
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    In instances where the healers do not necessarily need the MP refresh that Refresh provides, it is usually used as a tool to extend Foe’s Requiem OR refresh MP for more Foe’s usages throughout a given fight (if you have a BRD).
    BRD/MCH side I understand it, Healer side, not so much aside from large post emergency recovery, but the comment was more pertaining for standard play for the healers not the outliers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    BRD/MCH side I understand it, Healer side, not so much aside from large post emergency recovery, but the comment was more pertaining for standard play for the healers not the outliers.
    If healers are asking for MP in a fight where they aren’t having to raise or heal a lot, then they are just not managing their MP well enough. Be it through inefficient Lucid Dreaming usage, inefficient Aetherflow usage, etc.. MP is a relatively infinite resource in fights that are going smoothly. Them not managing it properly is what makes them cry to the BRD/MCH for Refresh.

WHM typically doesn’t struggle with MP because they have Thin Air (every 2 minutes) for periods where they have to pump out a lot of MP-heavy spells in a short time frame. Even in fights where I have tossed out multiple Raises, it takes several before I begin to wonder “When is the BRD going to use Refresh”.

SCH similarily should not have MP issues because of Aetherflow and Lucid Dreaming usage unless they are being inefficient with their Succor/Adlo usage (usually I see it a lot in SCHs that heal primarily with Succor/ET+Succor, but then that is also bad play resulting in MP issues), or just outright ignoring their Aetherflow. When I play SCH, I use my Aetherflow heals (Lustrate/Indom) as much as I possibly can over Physick/Adlo/ET+Succor.

AST is the only one that can struggle a bit with MP. I find that not extending Lucid with Celestial Opposition results in more MP-starved moments when I play AST. I have zero MP issues with WHM/SCH doing the same kind of play (i.e., balancing healing and DPS). Personally, I think Luminiferous Aether was better on AST than Lucid Dreaming is, and I miss it every day.
    (1)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Ociela Koslun
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Snip.
    In your case, learn to leverage the 25% cost reduction on Lightspeed. Combining with Swiftcast you can easily get off 2 rezzes with it for half a rezes MP saved. Also can be used nearly identical to Thin Air for healing, tho its use for the alternative to Thin Air + Holy combo of Lightspeed + Gravity is worthless due to the 25% Damage Potency reduction on the skill. Also learn to fill spread first, then you can sometimes leverage Ewer into your MP maintenance more often, especially if your prone to Balance phishing as opposed to Balance, Arrow, Spear w/e comes first wins.

But ya, a lot of "healer kept doing stupid things" or "dps play like sappers" for healers needing Refresh.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    SCH can have mana issues in dps heavy situations. Weaving with miasma II can take it's toll. It takes a lot though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    If healers are asking for MP in a fight where they aren’t having to raise or heal a lot, then they are just not managing their MP well enough.
    It's literally about removing the need for MP management to allow for maximum output, even should output not be the most 'efficient' use of that MP. In Bard + Mach set ups it's like an extra 50% MP every 3 minutes.

Which in turn allows the Healers to leverage -their- MP management either more liberally or more conservatively, like if for some reason -they- need to dump Threat but don't necessarily need the MP component.

It's a category dumb ability, especially when you look on over at Mana shift.
    (0)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19