Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Community Rep

Emotes while targeting.

When targeting other characters and performing emotes, there were times when the animation would not be displayed properly or there’d be a weird side effect caused when doing so. In 1.20 we changed the specs so that emotes would not be performed in the direction of the targeted character but this was left out of the patch notes.

In 2.0 we will be making it so that it will be possible to face a target and perform an emote. While we are unable to fix the current system until 2.0, we are looking into ways we can re-implement this in some way now.
    (22)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Lauro Soto
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    When targeting other characters and performing emotes, there were times when the animation would not be displayed properly or there’d be a weird side effect caused when doing so. In 1.20 we changed the specs so that emotes would not be performed in the direction of the targeted character but this was left out of the patch notes.

In 2.0 we will be making it so that it will be possible to face a target and perform an emote. While we are unable to fix the current system until 2.0, we are looking into ways we can re-implement this in some way now.
    I just hope 2.0 Fixes a lot of Stuff like

ANIMATION LOCK
    (2)
    To live Each day is a Hell of a Miracle

Player
    Character
    Gunso Gunso
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    you cant fix animation lock Lauro, its intended.

Unless you want to see Lancers sliding around the place performing chaos thrust, an animation that takes 3-5 seconds. etc
    (3)

Player

animation lock should apply for DoM too so they get railed by Ifrit too. THM only raids are boring and stupid.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Forra Descren
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Oh hurrah! o.o

It's so, so rare to see anything reassuring you lot are actually bothering to worry about the little things.

I think this might be the first time I've not felt like any of the nice little touches in the original design weren't fair game for just trampling over and leaving permanently unrepaired if it was more convenient than leaving them in.

Thanks!

... Kinda sad seeing people so dead-set on derailing the thread though. Meh.

My thoughts on the off-topic? I'd rather animation lock stayed. You make an attack, you commit to the necessary movements and keep the consequences and disadvantages of that attack in mind. You don't want to overcommit and leave yourself vulnerable? Stick to normal attacks and attacks with shorter animations. Demanding animation lock be pulled is like saying it's not fair the enemies hit you while you're fighting, so far as I'm concerned.

The only thing that needs improvement in this regard is latency, which does tie-in with animation-lock a little and I'd bet people'd complain about it at least somewhat less were the game improved in that area - which is supposedly going to happen with the new hardware and architecture.

'Adding' animation lock to the magic users I'd agree with (in a more tangible way than it is now) even - except, they're getting movement-cancels-casting, which comes out about the same anyway, so there's no need to increase it. Hell, from that perspective, if you remove animation lock you effectively put Disciples of Magic at a disadvantage beside Disciples of War.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fensfield; 01-26-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Roleplay Profile: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=961&pid=15275#pid15275

Player
    Character
    Hildemarr Hyleman
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongeh1986 View Post
    animation lock should apply for DoM too so they get railed by Ifrit too. THM only raids are boring and stupid.
    Animation lock does happen to DoM, when they finish a spell cast. Maybe you just don't notice it as much because they don't use WS, and so it is a shorter Lock than some WS used by DoW.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cereza Magi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I was actually noticing that I would wave to someone, then look away. I love that you guys are still focusing on the small aesthetic details ^^ Yay SE!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Spikey Sato
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    bring back slap!!!!
    (1)
    Spikey Sato
    CEO ~ Project Evolutionz
    Gamer of the Year 2010/2011, Walked Away First Place

Yes I'm Irish, Yes I Drink Alot & Yes I Do Play A Lalafell On FFXIV! What's Your Point?

Spikey's Gaming Work -> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4359860/

Player
    Character
    Cereza Magi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Ooo, and an actual animation for slap too!
    (1)

Player

good progress

to the dev: about animation lock and the targeting system in general, Im a simple man, know very little about creating a video game but know plenty on game play. That being said, I wonder how difficult it could be to make it where the targets tab through , with priority on distance , instead of left to right or right to left. Dont mean to be a bugger, but it is kinda anoying to have a mob infront of me and when i hit tab, i target a mob halfway across the field. As for animation lock, I dont see the issue with it realy, sure it would help with Ifrit to be able to cancle spells as you run, but it would also gimp the Dark Hold runs. Just a thought, maybe we shouldnt expect the devs to make the game soo easy to the point where people dont have to have some sort of skill in order to be good at it. Thing I enjoyed most about 11 is its dificulty, once they took that away , they took away any prestige you EARNED by being good at it, and ultimatly killed the game. I ask that you pass along to all your fellow developers this novel Idea. SE already has a devoute following becuase of the legacy they built with ffxi, It would be wise of them to full fill that legacy by creating a game thats challenging in every sense of the word. If i wanted to play a game i could beat in a week , i would play ff13. I would, however , like to end this reply on a fair note. The developers of ffxiv have been doing a awsome job with bringing the game back up to standards we all expect from a Final Fatasy game, not done yet, but its great progress and i expect to see even better things from the FFXIV crew. keep up the good work
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast