Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Carighan Maconar
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Newbie question: Can the bait-skill take baits from the chocobo saddlebags?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Carighan View Post
    I haven't tested it but I imagine not, the saddlebag is more like a portable retainer than actual inventory
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Burn Cykle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Carighan View Post
    No. I use my Saddlebag as bait storage, I have to move the bait into my inventory in order to use it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    it seems they are doubling the space inf the saddlebag in 4.3

i am fine with the saddlebag as "tackle box". sure you have to move the baits manually in the inventory everytime you need them, but i don't need all the different baits all the time anyway, so i keep the one i use often in my inventory and the ones i use less often are in the saddlebag and easily accessible when i need them.

the 999 stacks of course were a godsent for fishers too. i have no inventory issues regarding fisher anymore.

edit:

okay, i missred it i guess, seems you have to pay for that doubled space in the saddlebag! D:

however, the saddlebag is still awesome for my fisher o.o/
    (0)
    Last edited by Tint; 04-14-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lula Moon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Simple suggestion: make lures like gig heads. Remove the quantity and make it level- or ilvl-based unlocks, likely Traits. You still need bait for most things, and most profitable things right now (may as well rename Stonefly Larva and Blue Bobbit "Screw You, Fishers" I and II), but you remove the glut of the item most fishers hang on to. Even if you toss bait when you're done you're likely keeping at least a few lures. This is easily modelled after an existing system, found on the same job, and if anything reduces the inventory strain for both player and server by simply removing dozens of items it has to track.

Honestly I think Fisher has waaaaaaaaaaaay more drawbacks than the other two gathering jobs (fish that give scrip requiring consumable bait that cost scrip, *AHEM*). The design reeks of causing difficulty through QoL rather than actual gameplay. They've shown that they're okay with the gig heads design so why not rework lures to match?

EDIT: You could even call the new lures interface... Wait for it... Tacklebox *mindblown*
    (2)
    Last edited by Fytayn; 05-16-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: clever girl

Player
    Character
    Maeka Blazewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Yeah, outside of inconvenience, I really don't get why we need so many baits. They cost a pittance of gil (1-3 per) and all they do is cause you to have to go to certain towns before you can fish and you gotta carry them around on you.

I support the idea of getting rid of bait altogether and just making it work like gig heads.

And if they simply MUST have consumable scrip items (I don't see why; the other DoLs don't have this) then they could simply give us on-use items that provide a buff and said fish won't bite unless you have the buff.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I think the complicated part about making bait/lures like gig heads is there are so many different kinds of lures our there and SE was wanting to bring a sense of realism to fishing which does require different kinds of bait/lures. I can say that I carry a dozen plus lures on one fishing outing. Not opposing the idea just thinking through why there are so many lures/baits and how they interact. Topwater Frog for example is completely different then using Heavy Steel Lure when the line is in the water.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sapphire Dianta
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Making lures into a system similar to gig heads is a wonderful idea. Another idea would be to create some kind of general-purpose lure to cut down on the clutter. Say, for example, a Lv70 GSM crafting recipe that can create a Lv70 FSH lure capable of catching any fish from ARR and Heavensward. And when 5.0 comes out, they could make a Lv80 one capable of catching all Stormblood/Heavensward/ARR fish, ensuring that you'd only need to hang onto the tackle from the current expansion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lula Moon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeka View Post
    I support the idea of getting rid of bait altogether and just making it work like gig heads.
    I don't think SE would remove bait but reuseable lures? Maybe

FSH has buff-gated fish (Fish Eyes), changing bait to match seems logical
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    Not opposing the idea just thinking through why there are so many lures/baits and how they interact.
    They shouldn't reduce the number; keep the mechanics and apply them like gig heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire_Dianta View Post
    Another idea would be to create some kind of general-purpose lure to cut down on the clutter. ... a Lv70 FSH lure capable of catching any fish from ARR and Heavensward
    SB trivialized old nodes for BTN and MIN but not FSH. Unfortunately old FSH is unchanged but new options, like spearfishing, are added

I would love an explanation of their design choices. Until then these ideas are reasonable QoL adjustments which reduce strange drawbacks and requirements surrounding FSH
    (0)
    Last edited by Fytayn; 05-17-2018 at 08:56 PM. Reason: clarity

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3