Player
    Character
    Emily Kamba
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90

Triple Triad

For the love of all that is Yoshi, why are the drop rates for TT card drops murder? Is anyone else angry they have to defeat the same npc 40 times or more for a single drop?

It's maddening.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Texa Yuu
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    The NPCs aren't that bad once you try farming specific dungeons for specific cards.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Adelmonte Winters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    Yeah, it's kinda annoying. I farmed Indolent Imperial for 6 days, no Gaius card. Gave up. Doing Praetorium once a day for 3 days. Still nada.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sannsenn Lemnebal
    World
    Unicorn
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Hmm, I guess TT is just like all real card games: Killing time.
    Play TT when queuing up dungeons and eventually it drops.
    I clear my mind first before playing TT, that make me feel better lol.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fiona Silverstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I know what you mean, im doing right now stormblood and the droprates are more than horrible. Maybe im understanding something wrong a game should be fun but this is an absolute moodkiller. Doing about 1h right now the same npc and not a single drop.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    they're not going anywhere tho that's the thing. just gotta keep at it till it drops.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It's why I don't really play Triple Triad, and I loved it in ff8, even starting the game a few times over when I missed a card or two, to get that complete collection.

Earning things is fine, but no game can remain fun when you have to play the same match up to several hundred times per card. They lost track of fun and sadly ruined a great mini-game because of a focus on how to make it last as content and drag out the grind.

I'd be happier to see more realistic drop rates with caps before it drops. Heck, I'd even take 2% chance for 4 star and 1% for 5 star with a guaranteed cap at 50 and 100 games respectively, but a potential 600 games on a bad luck streak is beyond discouraging. Life is too short for a virtual card you'll never use.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mister Mister
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Another thing is having to complete long, pointless sidequest chains just to be able to even challenge some of the NPCs. Getting my Heavensward Y'shtola card was a pain last week since there were very few unique NPCs left to play. That, combined with low drop rate... ugh
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    40? I see you've been lucky so far then. I've been trying to get Hien for a while now and I'm going a little bit crazy.

Jk, I don't actually mind that much, since TT as far as I'm concerned is just something to occupy time with when I'm waiting for something else, like a queue, or like those 15 minutes till the next GATE spawns when I'm not gonna be doing much of anything anyway.

That said, even though I don't mind that much, I also would not mind if the drop rates were juuuuuuust a tad higher. :P
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rubiss Tantegel
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Spacing out time doesn't make it any better. The droprate is still considerably bad. At least they removed the time requirement but it's still pretty trash to get all the cards, raid ones being the biggest offender. The fact that you can have people roll on cards they already have is just broken. You can't do that with minions, why triple triad cards? For the 500 MGP? This game has so many odd design choices that it's more than "1.0 spaghetti" it's just utter incompetence and lack of testing at this point.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast