Player
    Character
    Coriander Silverflame
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    Edit: Why is this thread just turning into another I like/dislike Eureka for x reasons thread? For me the OP was using Eureka as an recent example for bad communication. Maybe we could discuss that and leave most of the Eureka stuff that has nothing to do with communication for all the other countless threads?
    I would definitely like more responses to forum threads, even from the community team acknowledging what people are saying and giving their own opinions one way or the other.

I'd also like responses like the one in the OP to include a bit more of what they are responding to. Like "Some of the feedback we got is that many lockbox rewards aren't very desirable or useful, such as way too many fireworks, or they result in duplicate items that you can't sell or desynth. We agree with this, so we're making many items sellable/desynthable, reducing the frequency of fireworks, and adding some new rewards. We also heard x/y/z, but after careful consideration we have decided not to change those things at this time, primarily because (reason), though we will continue to monitor how it plays out over the next month or so." That sort of phrasing might make it clearer that player concerns are being heard and at least considered.

It seems that communication is heavily vetted. While this seems somewhat sensible in terms of making fewer promises that they can't or won't keep, I would actually like to see a bit of a freer exchange of opinions and information. After all, the community team are players too and they should be allowed to express their thoughts and opinions, which might be interesting even if we don't necessarily agree with them or even if they aren't 100% accurate in terms of predicting exactly how the game development will progress.

It would also be exciting to have occasional Q&A with different developers regarding various aspects of the game. Imagine an AMA about Eureka for example.
    (8)
    Last edited by Avenger; 03-20-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    If they dont want to write in the forum why not just give us an ingame survey after each patch with new content so that you will truly get the opinion of the playerbase?
    Possibly because they know that if you as 10 different players you will get 12 different opinions. If they just want to mine ideas there are plenty of them here on the forums - many of them unworkable for various reasons.

I do not think the developers lack ideas. That each new patch is mostly just more of the same is likely a deliberate decision - because they know that the current formula works, and are unwilling to alienate players by changing things around too much.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kazela Arniman
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    SE would have all the budget they could ever need if they could mine all the salt from the OP.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mim Silmaril
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vstarstruck View Post

Do they not care about the replies of people like the one I pointed out here? I find it really really sad someone posted they are unsubing because Eureka takes too much time from their friends, they can't do anything else.
    I dont know what SE should do about the fact that regarding this specific FC 90% of the ppl seem to want to do this content and 10% do not.

It's 100% on those so-called friends that they let their buddy down...
    I got my lvl 20 and 3 relics while also doing Sigmascape with a returner friend, weekly raid clears and some Byakko kill groups. And capped my alt without Eureka, too.

Also it's just a week... and in other threads it's said, that Eurdka is dead soon anyway.. so why worry about this?

Also, when a fc decides to go ham in ultimate with hours of raiding each day and one guy doesnt want to... is it also SEs fault, that they wont have time for a stupid ex dungeon run?
    (4)
    Last edited by Neophyte; 03-21-2018 at 01:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    Possibly because they know that if you as 10 different players you will get 12 different opinions. If they just want to mine ideas there are plenty of them here on the forums - many of them unworkable for various reasons.

I do not think the developers lack ideas. That each new patch is mostly just more of the same is likely a deliberate decision - because they know that the current formula works, and are unwilling to alienate players by changing things around too much.
    But instead of just getting the ideas from the forum which would still be that way (10 people and 12 opinions) they might get thousands or even more opinions. They could simply ask: Did you like X? With a Yes/No/Indifferent answer and maybe a box if you want to know a reason. Just a simple Yes or No would give them more data than they ever get from the forum.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    That each new patch is mostly just more of the same is likely a deliberate decision - because they know that the current formula works, and are unwilling to alienate players by changing things around too much.
    Considering how ppl are using the we lost 1 expert dungeon (lol) for eureka and ultimare of late I agree that changing the formula as much as ppl want is impossible
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Beastmistress Milk
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Edit: Why is this thread just turning into another I like/dislike Eureka for x reasons thread? For me the OP was using Eureka as an recent example for bad communication. Maybe we could discuss that and leave most of the Eureka stuff that has nothing to do with communication for all the other countless threads?
    ya, it was just an example, don't really wanna turn that as the main focus.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kodoyaki Takoyaki
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupa View Post
    Y’all need to stop complaining on the forums and actually play the content, numerous people are changing their opinions on eureka as they go through it. So the posts you’re reading about “eureka bad kms.” Might not even be valid anymore and the person you quoted specifically sounds like all his friends are actually enjoying it if he can’t pull them away from it. Most important, if you don’t like it that much just unsub. No point in torturing yourself with optional content. Whats the community team gonna do? Hand you a free relic? Lmao.
    ^^^^ This so much. I wasn't keen on Eureka at first, and voiced some criticisms here, but I'm loving it now. A select handful of people bitching about it in the forums isn't going to do anything. If you don't like it, offer constructive suggestions on how to improve it, or go away. These forums are 99% complaining anyway, we really don't need more pointless negativity.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupa View Post
    Y’all need to stop complaining on the forums and actually play the content, numerous people are changing their opinions on eureka as they go through it. So the posts you’re reading about “eureka bad kms.” Might not even be valid anymore and the person you quoted specifically sounds like all his friends are actually enjoying it if he can’t pull them away from it. Most important, if you don’t like it that much just unsub. No point in torturing yourself with optional content. Whats the community team gonna do? Hand you a free relic? Lmao.
    Went into Eureka again last night and literally fell asleep waiting on a NM. It's highly riveting content when standing around doing nothing is the efficient method.

Do I think it's awful? No. The leveling process though is mind-numbingly boring.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Soupa Eptco
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    Went into Eureka again last night and literally fell asleep waiting on a NM. It's highly riveting content when standing around doing nothing is the efficient method.

Do I think it's awful? No. The leveling process though is mind-numbingly boring.
    NM training is NOT the most efficient method of leveling, it is simply the easiest and laziest. You get more exp partying with 8 and running off to kill mobs 4-6 levels higher then you ( preferably one that spawns an NM) and getting chain kills. Chains higher then 20 net some mad exp and if you’re up for doing it contstantly it’s faster then the train. Is it boring? For some people yes, some people would rather just roulette or something. For me I find it invigorating usually something 4-6 levels higher has the ability to make your tanks HP dance that would make most healers have a panic attack but I find the danger captivating and when someone accidentally pulls two? I’m in overdrive.
    (0)
    Last edited by Soupa; 03-22-2018 at 12:02 AM. Reason: I forgot how numbers work

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast