Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90

[SPOILER discussion] Hildibrand Season 3 Ep 2

SPOILER IS BELOW THIS LINE! If you have not finished Season 3 Epiosde 2 of Hildibrand (2.25 Hildy episode) then avoid this thread.

Unless you want to be spoilered

So Episode 2 for this season of Hildibrand is released. What is your opinion about it?

For me...

It is much better than Season 2 starting out now. A bit more effort is put into this episode compared to what we got from Season 2 when it started mostly because this time SE had planned for Hildibrand this Expansion.

Season 2 in 3.X was not originally planned to be part of 3.X era content but it got pushed into 3.X due to player demands. The original plan was to make 4.X era the Season 2 of Hildibrand while 3.X was going to be the "break" from the Hildibrand storyline for the Briardien's storyline. Thus why the quality was more noticably lower than Season 1 quality for Season 2.

I especially love how SE added two types of dialogues for the WoL being one dialogue representing players who like the Hildibrand Storyline and another dialogue representing players who hate the Hildibrand Storyline.

Character wise, this episode makes a bit clear what roles each one will play in this Season of Hildibrand with the new character, named Shigure, playing the role of the ignorant character who views on the world is limited by his culture's teachings and expectations due to how different Eorzea's culture and knowledge are from the Othard culture and knowledge.

This will be certainly a interesting Hildibrand Season for me to see how Eorzea's culture and knowledge clash and change certain aspect of Othard's culture and Knowledge.
    (1)
    Last edited by EdwinLi; 03-16-2018 at 04:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ameme Ame'klin
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I love Hildibrand quests but kept picking the anti-Hildibrand options. No regrets. I don't have 900k, sorry bro...also you made a terrible statue XD

That is interesting info on the background of the Hildibrand quests. Personally I would be down for more Briardien quests too! They are genuine puzzles (at times) and I want to answer the questions correctly so Briardien approves of me. /spectacles
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AmemeAmeklin View Post
    I love Hildibrand quests but kept picking the anti-Hildibrand options. No regrets. I don't have 900k, sorry bro...also you made a terrible statue XD

That is interesting info on the background of the Hildibrand quests. Personally I would be down for more Briardien quests too! They are genuine puzzles (at times) and I want to answer the questions correctly so Briardien approves of me. /spectacles
    I say that the Statue part would have been hilarious if Hildibrand was posing in a buddha meditation pose. It would have gone so well with the back shinning light moment.

I hope there may be some Lupin the 3rd easter eggs in future Hildy Episodes since our criminal is a "Lupin"

(PS guessing that new dance at the end of the episode may be a new emote for this Season rewards.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ameme Ame'klin
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinLi View Post
    (PS guessing that new dance at the end of the episode may be a new emote for this Season rewards.)
    If it isn't a reward then I will mutiny!! >:O
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ren Kurosaki
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Oh I freakin' love that dance! I hope we get to learn it XD

Hildibrand's storyline is always fantastic; it's a hilarious break after dealing with serious shenanigans from MSQ.
    (3)
    [super inactive on this Forum LOL]

Player
    Character
    Shizuku Duskheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I felt that this recent release is what we SHOULD have gotten in September. Instead we got that awful short teaser with the stalker Lalafell. I mean the Lalafell was neat and it was sorta fun playing "Where's Waldo" with him. He's actually IN the background of every single scene again but now he makes it a bit more obvious with his intentions. I really hope this time they include a fate or an instance battle. I did miss that from ARR. Also that darn Zombie!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Juyon Intoner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SicariusSeven View Post
    I felt that this recent release is what we SHOULD have gotten in September. Instead we got that awful short teaser with the stalker Lalafell. I mean the Lalafell was neat and it was sorta fun playing "Where's Waldo" with him. He's actually IN the background of every single scene again but now he makes it a bit more obvious with his intentions. I really hope this time they include a fate or an instance battle. I did miss that from ARR. Also that darn Zombie!
    Oh yes the instance/trials of 2.0 Hildy were the best part (that Gilgamesh was part of two of the three trials also helps). That said there were also quite a few complaints about that which is probably why we haven't gotten such recently trial wise...though that was mostly cause people who didn't like Hildy had to do them to unlock their trial dailies, which now that they only pull from what you have isn't actually an issue. Hopefully that means they'll reconsider putting them back in!

Also my first thought with the dance is "either we get this at the end of the Hildy storyline or riot."
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamAngel-Ren View Post
    Oh I freakin' love that dance! I hope we get to learn it XD

Hildibrand's storyline is always fantastic; it's a hilarious break after dealing with serious shenanigans from MSQ.
    Oh yes, that dance at the end, I needs it!

Please SE, can I have it?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shizuku Duskheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    It's clear now. We need that dance as the ending reward emote. Much like the Hildy pose from ARR. In HW we got Gigi. So having a dance would just be lovely!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    MUST HAVES THAT DANCE
    (4)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast