Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

Eureka and Diadem are perfect examples of why we need a test server

Please add a test server to the game before releasing new content. I feel that the players are no longer being listened to, it's like 1.0 all over again. Let the players give you feedback on the content instead of releasing something that very few ppl want.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Kaiser Sturmwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    By the time they got this content to a point where it's playable, they'd already be committed to it. We can tell them bugs and if it's not fun, but only one of those is realistically fixable without throwing the whole thing out or doing a complete redesign. Keep in mind it took them basically a year and a half to release this as is, as barren in content as it is.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Khel Pyke
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I dunno, with how quiet they were about details right up until it actually went live, I think they knew they had a dud and just let it fly anyway.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaLevossida View Post
    By the time they got this content to a point where it's playable, they'd already be committed to it. We can tell them bugs and if it's not fun, but only one of those is realistically fixable without throwing the whole thing out or doing a complete redesign. Keep in mind it took them basically a year and a half to release this as is, as barren in content as it is.
    Still it's a year and half that we could've gave feedback. They could've still added other features to it repeatable quests, roaming nm's, hunt board and party finder. I mean had these 4 little examples been added it would've been a hell of a lot better than what we got. The basic structure in my opinion is there it just needs that bit more.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaiser Sturmwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Masekase_Hurricane View Post
    Still it's a year and half that we could've gave feedback. They could've still added other features to it repeatable quests, roaming nm's, hunt board. I mean had these 3 little examples been added it would've been a hell of a lot better than what we got. The basic structure in my opinion is there it just needs that bit more.
    It wouldn't have been a year and a half though. A lot of that time spent would be the design and planning phase, implementation, etc. which would take a long time to get to the point of it being playable enough to test with players.

We definitely could have suggested more features and they could have implemented that at that point, but let's be honest about that. Any player could have looked at Eureka's design and asked, "So what else do you do?" It's like no one on the dev team thought that a FATE grind in all but name was bad as the only model for this content.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaLevossida View Post
    It wouldn't have been a year and a half though. A lot of that time spent would be the design and planning phase, implementation, etc. which would take a long time to get to the point of it being playable enough to test with players.

We definitely could have suggested more features and they could have implemented that at that point, but let's be honest about that. Any player could have looked at Eureka's design and asked, "So what else do you do?" It's like no one on the dev team thought that a FATE grind in all but name was bad as the only model for this content.
    Yet we have seen them do it on FFXI and it worked. They listened to what players have said and delayed implementing the content before.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Khel View Post
    I dunno, with how quiet they were about details right up until it actually went live, I think they knew they had a dud and just let it fly anyway.
    i had the same impression...

and a throwback to No Man's Sky... "But what do you actually do?" - "You can do everything you want."
    (1)