Player
    Character
    Irvy Ryath
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolys View Post
    Eureka was what I expected excepted one thing, the spawn rate of Notorious monsters. I wish they would spawn more often to break the monotony of farming casual monsters.
    I think they work with a placeholder system like in FFXI. I saw the pampa twice (and it is right next to the first confluence, I don't think it s a coincidence, as people usually kill a few pampa while going there usually) and we spawned a NM squid (the lord of anemos) in the river at the far east of the map by killing squids there with my FC group. Now we only need to figure out exactly where the PH are.
    (0)
    Last edited by Stanelis; 03-14-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Devils Lawyer
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Boring
    Tedious
    Pointless

And for all those "you keep complaining but never say what to change"

And for all those "what did you expect, of course its grindy"

Theres grinding and then theres grinding, beeing told to gather X number of something but beeing given 10 different ways to do so is fine.

Beeing told to stand still killing monsters for the next 18 weeks is not.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Koala Shibito
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    So far I've had fun. Been soloing for bout an hour and a half now. Half way to level 4 with a handful of protean, explored the map a bit, got 1 shot by random mooneye a couple times. All in all I think its content that I can enjoy doing over a good chunk of time. Not really interested in joining the zerg to get everything asap.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Combat in FFXIV is not well-suited to this type of grinding. It needs to be either faster and more actiony, or slower and more thoughtful.

The middle ground we have works well for the vast majority of combat encounters they design, but not this IMHO.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Iris Valkyrie
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    This is definitely not for me. I'm grateful that the new PVP season started today too and that's way more fun, cause I stepped in there, and within 30 minutes I had had enough. There are way more things to do both in and out of game that are much more enjoyable and worthwhile. There's just not enough variation to be engaging. The wheel I expected to be changeable on the fly, like the winds would change, aether currents would change, and wed quickly adapt to be able to kill foes.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sherufanir; 03-14-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I'm not impressed. Reminds me a lot of WoW's Timeless Isle which as soon as the story was over I only visited to get the mounts then stopped. I find nothing fun about aimlessly killing things for hours with no real reward. For as long as SE took with the push backs Eureka should have been a lot more than it is. At this point I'm not sure I will go back other than to finish the story. I definitely won't waste my time farming Protean Crystals for the legendary items.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherufanir View Post
    This is definitely not for me. I'm grateful that the new PVP season started today too, cause I stepped in there, and within 30 minutes I had had enough. There are way more things to do both in and out of game that are much more enjoyable and worthwhile. There's just not enough variation to be engaging. The wheel I expected to be changeable on the fly, like the winds would change, aether currents would change, and wed quickly adapt to be able to kill foes.
    I think I might have been in a party with you earlier today. I understand you feelings.
    (1)
    Last edited by Claviusnex; 03-14-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Miste Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandor View Post
    Combat in FFXIV is not well-suited to this type of grinding. It needs to be either faster and more actiony, or slower and more thoughtful.

The middle ground we have works well for the vast majority of combat encounters they design, but not this IMHO.
    Agree with this.

I played FFXI, but the battle system was much slower and didn't cause hand cramps or carpal tunnel to grind for awhile on.... it was more relaxed.

The battle system in FFXIV is too fast and too spammy for this kind of grinding imo....my hands start to hurt and much carpal tunnel in the future :/
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Mihn Saruihn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Oh lord...! I dived in for about two hours and it felt like I played Ragnarok Online back in 2004!
    The grind is something I can swallow, the rewards is something I can't. And I don't talk just the ilvl (that seems to be 6 months too late) ... mounts, glams, minions, unique things, heck important lore, npc quests and intriguing things locked behind your levels would have been enough to motivate me. Something that I know I'll achieve after X amount of grind.

The problem is even now the rewards are still locked behind nasty RNG. You get gear if you get X amount of crystals but the crystals variate in a party. My friends got 20+ crystals in their run, I sat at 16 at the end. But right now what this offers is gear that will likely be not 10 but 20 ilvls bellow relevant gear by the time you get it.

Beyond that, it was fun going in the zone, having constant shouts of what level and what party is needed. I enjoyed the activity and the rush. I just wish the rewards had better variety.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Verse Valendys
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    If this is a grind you enjoy, I recommend Guild Wars 2 or Black Desert Online, or Ragnarok Online, or Classic Runescape. Or a zillion other MMO games where you don't pay a subscription for this kind of content.

Or heck, just go back to FFXI. It's still there.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Devils Lawyer
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Id take grinding in Black desert online anyday of the week compared to this cause atleast the combat aspect is enjoyable there.
    (5)

Page 39 of 205 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast