Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71

Enhanced Energy Drain???

hello. i culdn't help but to notice that, at higher levels, Energy Drain is pretty much never used. like... SOMETIMES i use it on SCH, but only when it is possible to immediately refresh the Aetherflow. and it really never gets used on SMN.

still plenty useful at lower levels. but at higher levels when you have so many more actions that consume Aetherflow... it is just pretty much a waste to use it.

i think a new trait to enhance would do some good. the trait could come in at a time when you have like say 3 or 4 other actions that also consume Aetherflow.

the trait could do the following??? . . .

1.) increases cooldown to like 15 or 20seconds
    2.) removes Aetherflow consumption
    3.) maybe also increases restoration effect
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I'd rather see it retain Aetherflow consumption, but simply give a greater damage and MP and HP regen. Like, a good 200 potency and twice that in healing and MP.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    It's very useful on SCH as it's one of two of our only offensive oGCD. So if healing isn't necessary, we can weave 3-9 of these in a row for significant DPS.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    It's highly useful on scholar for mana/dps, and almost never used for smn (except if they chain raise, die...but that would mean they don't have lucid dreaming).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Yeah I think you're just not using it or understanding it correctly,especially for SCH.

Top scholars use Energy Drain at a lot. It does a good damage that is weaved into (so you can do things like Ruin II->Energy drain, Bio II->Energy Drain, or Miasma II->Energy drain and use up the same cooldown as if you did the first action by itself) while also giving back mana.
    (0)
    Squintina's Comprehensive Controller Guide:
    akhmorning.com/resources/controller-guide/

Rival Wings Revival Discord:
    discord.gg/pvprevival

Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    it feels there are too many other actions that use Aetherflow. like five of SCH healing actions use Aetherflow, leaving pretty much no room to regularly use Energy Drain. it is hard enough to work in Bane and still keep enough Aetherflow for healing. plus Energy Drain isn't even as good as a potion/ether. (for one or the other) At higher levels, i don't see much worth in using Aetherflow for it on SMN either.

i understand the action is still useful in certain situations, but it is almost never worth regularly using Aetherflow on. at higher levels it is just an action with a quick cooldown, but high cost. a high cost and small benefit too, especially for SMN.

a trait that changes it and removes Aetherflow requirement, or even just to increase potency... either way, it feels like something should be done to enhance Energy Drain at higher levels.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    While not better than a healing ability when someone needs it, I still use Energy Drain quite frequently on SCH as the ~1200 MP (and damage) is much better than wasting most of a Lustrate to get Aetherflow back up faster. I also feel that it adds to the resource management of SCH; using Aetherflow and MP (and Fairy) to do the most effective healing and damage that you can, which (IMO) is currently balanced quite nicely.

I agree that it could use something extra for SMN, but it's not like SMN is hurting without it (i.e. ignore it and SMN still does very well), so...
    (0)
    Last edited by Acidblood; 03-23-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Roj Gardoth
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Can't speak for SCH, but I use it a good bit in long fights as SMN. I push damage a lot and will run low on MP so that helps. Speaking also as co-BLM main, sure hate it that you have useless powers xD
    (1)

Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    hmm... well, i may have jumped the gun for SCH. it appears to be useful at level70. LOL whoopee. xD so, wrong about SCH for it not being useful. but i still don't see much use for it on SMN. but again... i don't play endgame. so, that means i am not in the spots where a single encounter is lasting like up to and over 15minutes, or however long people expect endgame encounters to last. i know in dungeons, even if your gear is sub-par, you shouldn't have an MP issue. and if you do, then you are probably at a level where using Energy Drain IS worth the Aetherflow. either that, players are being KO'ed too much, making the fight drag on much longer than normal.

either way... once SMN gets a certain level, i just don't see the worth in using Aetherflow on Energy Drain. that is, aside from specific circumstances, which shouldn't occur too often. in which case i still feel that at least SMN should see a new trait to enhance it at higher levels.

could also still do something for SCH. even though Energy Drain is more useful at higher levels for SCH than it is for SMN. SCH also has more actions that consume Aetherflow. could remove the Aetherflow consumption, increase cooldown and increase Fae gauge by 50, or something.
    (0)
    Last edited by BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY; 03-28-2018 at 10:44 PM.