Player
    Character
    Vespereaux Vaillantes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I'd like to see something truly unique.

For example, one idea that I had for a unique weapon was for a Blue Mage tank that used a "Soul Gauntlet", or due to potential confusion/overlap with the armor pieces "Soul Shackle", "Soul Glove", whatever.

Basically it is a very large clawed gauntlet worn by the Blue Mage that can be used offensively by slashing with the claws as well as acting as a focus for their Blue Magic.

Sort of like a bit of a mash-up of the gauntlet worn by Vincent Valentine and a Green Lantern ring where the Blue Mage creates/manifests the abilities of different beasts.

(2)

Player
    Character
    Kashi Venka
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchandFeel View Post
    I'd like to see something truly unique.

For example, one idea that I had for a unique weapon was for a Blue Mage tank that used a "Soul Gauntlet", or due to potential confusion/overlap with the armor pieces "Soul Shackle", "Soul Glove", whatever.

Basically it is a very large clawed gauntlet worn by the Blue Mage that can be used offensively by slashing with the claws as well as acting as a focus for their Blue Magic.

Sort of like a bit of a mash-up of the gauntlet worn by Vincent Valentine and a Green Lantern ring where the Blue Mage creates/manifests the abilities of different beasts.

This sounds a bit like Nero from Devil May Cry 4.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kashi Venka
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I would love to see a Blur Mage tank with Twin Hooks. Jet's weapon from Avatar the last Airbender.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    (Bell) Maces for a Geomancer tank. I will never stop wishing for that until SE shows otherwise.
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Kad Windbreaker
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    A cannon that fires moogles, that surround the enemy and annoy him so much he suicides... ugh those moogles.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Biridan Derrard
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Spear and shield.
    Giant hammer
    Dual swords
    Mace and shield
    Sword chucks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Biridan View Post
    Spear and shield.
    Mace and shield
    Sadly I think now shields are pretty much exclusively GLA/PLD gear (at one time in 1.0 they were actually a separate 'sub'class called Sentinel or SEN for short, with their own set of skills, but that was scrapped when Jobs were added and shields became a classless off hand piece of gear, THM/BLM and CNJ/WHM's ability to equip certain low level shields is a legacy of that), so I don't see SE using them with future tank Jobs (the final nail in that particular coffin is the symbol for PLD is literally a shield, meaning SE pretty much now just consider it exclusively for PLD and it's GLA stepping stone).

I like your giant hammer idea though (maybe some kind of 'Viking'/Barbarian style class like MRD/WAR but more about deflecting and parrying attacks than raw damage to keep up hate).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jellicle Jayde
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I want a Summoner type deal with dancer where one is a healer fan dancer (uses TP!) and the other is a whip using leather armor tier tank dancer (dominatrix ;P ) that uses MP.

Other than that? A massive 2 handed Hammer.

For Tanks I've always liked the idea that they have different themes and feelings to them.

Pld is holy knight. Protector and noble.
    War is a berserker, all about that rage.
    Drk is CRAWLING IN MY SKIN .... edgelord of darkness.
    I think the Hammer user could be more jolly and light hearted.
    (And whip using dancer could be egotisic and dominate ... )

One type of tank I'd also really love is something of a tank path in the sch/ summoner set up. But instead of a pet the tank acts like a mesmer from GW2 and makes clones of them self to tank hits and wears cloth armor.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Biridan Derrard
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Sadly I think now shields are pretty much exclusively GLA/PLD gear ... so I don't see SE using them with future tank Jobs (the final nail in that particular coffin is the symbol for PLD is literally a shield, meaning SE pretty much now just consider it exclusively for PLD and it's GLA stepping stone).
    Maybe instead of spear and shield they could do spear and net? The idea of using a net as a class ability is interesting as well although probably more appropriate as dps. While control can be a powerful way to tank I don't think it would fit in with how tanks are used in ff14.

It's kinda disapointing if they put a hard lock on shields though. Another consideration is the tanks all have heavy armor. Whatever class we end up with will likely follow that trend. As I'm not completely sure how important the armor value is I can't comment on weather someone wearing light armor could possibly be a tank without insane abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I'd like a spear and shield setup.

Just dump all the stats onto the PLD/new tank weapons and turn shield into essentially a vanity slot (same for RDM sword/focus and NIN dagger/off-hand dagger as well please.)
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast