Player
    Character
    Naeith Anthem
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 69

[Request] Add ability to choose how many items we want to purchase

In the marketplace, you have to buy the full stack of whatever item someone is selling. If you just want 1 of a particular item but the only person selling it put 40 of them up, you have to buy all 40.
    That isn't necessary. The technology to take/buy a custom number of items away from a stack already exists in the game. Why isn't it applied to buying at the marketplace?
    Please fix this.

Thank you.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Darth Rok
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Nope. Terrible idea. People need to just stop asking for this. It misses the whole point of the market being a free system and supply and demand. That is one of the factors that determines an items value and sale price. This would screw up markets and cause a rise in overall prices.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Naeith Anthem
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 69
    It works just fine in every other mmo with an auction house/marketplace.
    Nobody who only needs 1 apple wants to pay for an entire apple trees worth of them. It's such an avoidable issue and has been done hundreds of times before.

Not to mention the fact that an actual transaction between players needs to benefit both sides, not just sway towards the dealer/seller getting the best deal. If the transaction FORCES the buyer to pay for and receive more than they actually want then it's not a fair deal.
    (2)
    Last edited by NathanZ; 03-11-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Darth Rok
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    You are not forced to buy anything. There’s a great market in providing smaller stacks on certain items, it’s up to someone to fill that demand. If someone is trying to gouge you on prices then the market demands that someone increase supply and lower prices, thereby undercutting the gouger. Those that invest the time to craft and gather items set the price they feel reflects their investment of time. If they try to take advantage of a shortage, that’s their right. However, they risk the items not selling and being undercut and by the time they adjust their price they have lost the money they would have made if they had just priced it well in the first place. That’s how markets work. You can also invest in an item and take what you need and resell the rest. You also take a risk, but that’s how it works. That’s what makes it work. That’s what makes it interesting and challenging.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shiro Terkhev
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I also really missed this feature at first. Then I learned I can put smaller stacks or single items at considerably higher price and people will buy them. It's actually pretty nice system that makes MB a bit deeper than more QoL versions of "AH".
    (4)
    With great deeps comes great enmity.

Player
    Character
    Falling Skies
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    You mean one of the most basic rules in the MB that allow prices to vary?

Be careful what you ask for when it comes to economics. Funny thing in economics that is unique to all other system is it fixes itself - it means if something were to adjust in the economy, you can expect every single required adjustment is made in prices, supply, and demand to accommodate that change. To succeed in the MB, you have to be the reason for price changes. If you arent, all you are doing is indirectly paying people like me who are manipulating the MB.

Want your items at a reasonable price? Buy in bulk, identify trends with low demand/high supply (HINT: Usually always after a high demand/low supply period because sellers always overcompensate), and understand the items you buy: how they are obtained, all applications they are used for.

Bottom line? Be smart with your gil and do the research on your buys - or you will be paying someone like me inadvertently to do it for you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Burn Cykle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    This is a horrible suggestion.

If you want to negotiate prices/quantities then stand near the summoning bell and shout for someone to negotiate with you.

But that would be inconvenient and tedious........EXACTLY.

The MB is a convenience for the Buyer and a risk for the Seller. The way it operates reflects that. If I want to unload a stack of something quickly, I put a full stack up cheap. I do this because I want to unload the WHOLE stack, not sit around while people pick it off 1 by 1 in 99 transactions. If I want to sell in "perfect sized stacks" i.e. 4 logs (exactly the requirement to make lumber) then I put up logs in lots of 4 each and jack up the price for the CONVENIENCE of the buyer being able to get exact quantities of what they need and the RISK that a) Someone may buy a larger stack at cheaper anyways and b) the fact that I can sell less items simultaneously thus reducing my potential income in between checking retainers.

In example: (Numbers random and arbitrary) Say Market on Pine Logs is 600gil each at the moment. If I want to unload a full stack of Pine Logs quickly, I will put them up as a full stack for well below market, say 450 each to incentive-ize either a) Someone who only wants 40 - 50 to buy the full stack and do want they want with the extras or b) Someone who plays the MB to buy the stack and re-sell at profit. However, if I want to maximize my profits, I will find what the lowest cost of a "perfect" stack (4) is and sell at or below that price, so maybe in this case the lowest price of someone selling a stack of 4 is 1,000gil each; I'd sell my stack of 99 in many sets of 4 for 998 each.

In other words, if you let people start to pick and choose quantities to buy from a posting, I and everybody else involved in the Marketboard would start to default to premium prices and EVERYTHING would skyrocket in price, which hurts you even more because now you are paying a premium for everything with no opportunity to buy in bulk cheap and turn it around for profit.
    (3)
    Last edited by Remyogic; 03-14-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jock Harley
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanZ View Post
    In the marketplace, you have to buy the full stack of whatever item someone is selling. If you just want 1 of a particular item but the only person selling it put 40 of them up, you have to buy all 40.
    That isn't necessary. The technology to take/buy a custom number of items away from a stack already exists in the game. Why isn't it applied to buying at the marketplace?
    Please fix this.

Thank you.
    If you don't want to pay the price for goods someone else has made available at the fee they feel is acceptable, buy the amount they wish to sell at said price, you can also gather or craft it yourself

MB is for players, to sell to players, as a sale made available by someone for others at a fee they choose and the amount of said item they want to sell at said pricing.

I get where you are coming from, the request is forcing others to conform to your ideal price and amount, that's commerce though, this isn't a NPC transaction, its a rl player transaction. if you really want to barter with them, try and find out who made it (if need be check the crafter sig. if one is available) and /tell them to see if maybe they'll make an exception for you in a private sale.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    If I want to sell 40 stacks of an item, I don't want only sell one.
    If I want to sell only one, I'll do.

Depends on how well that items is selling, what are market preference, how many stacks players like to buy in general, has the item has a low or high price...

Anyways, we adjust.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I remember in 1.0 you could do this.
    What we have now is much better.
    (2)