Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Eureka is a few days away - which jobs will shine solo/group?

With Eureka coming in a few days, I'm wondering which jobs will perform best solo while leveling our elemental levels? Right now I'm guessing SMN, RDM, and PLD would be pretty decent solo due to the SMN pet tank and cures, RDM cures and dps, and PLD tankiness and clemency.

For party play (I still would love if players form groups dynamically, ala Valk Dunes outpost , and party up to chain pull elementally appropriate mobs), I'd think the normal AoE type jobs would perform really well, so maybe BLM, SMN, etc. Still not sure of mob strength, so unsure if a pure tank/heal/dps type composition is needed. Thoughts?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Was it confirmed yet if Chocobo's are not allowed?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kamen Breaker
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Honestly I think WAR will sit higher than PLD. It's self sustain is linked heavily with it's attack. Inner release and Inner Beast is insanely powerful. Same for Steel cyclone, but having enough mobs on you to make that viable is pushing it. Of course SMN is going to be the most useful when it comes to soloing as a DPS. It has the highest aoe output even after a nerf so that says a lot. RDM has low DPS, but it may be the second safest DPS class with it's heals and ability to jump out of melee range. Just don't expect to fight large groups. Then SCH has their pet which, along with their relatively high DPS, would be a good choice for solo healing.

With the way most open world stuff works, any party composition would work out.
    (2)
    https://www.deviantart.com/kamenkuro

Character
    Deionarra Eidolon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MirielleLavandre View Post
    With Eureka coming in a few days, I'm wondering which jobs will perform best solo while leveling our elemental levels?
    WHM will probably be fairly decent solo'ing as well. Strong self-cures, and strong enough DPS to be able to bring creatures down in reasonable amounts of time. Hell, given that monsters don't abandon chase after a few inches anymore, Repose might be a particularly strong ability now, along with the useless-since-Stormblood Fluid Aura ability.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Patronas Charm
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Haven't delved too deep as to what Eureka is, with the exception of some familiar FFXI armors are making an appearance.

Is it like an Open-World Palace of the Dead? But your max level and you kill enemies?

All I know is my buddy is excited, and I am eager to delve in there with him and kick some tail.
    (1)
    Chemist Healer Concept http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/370920-Chemist-Healer-Concept
    Geomancer Healer Concept: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/366107-Geomancer-New-Healer-Concept
    Mystic Fencer DPS: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/391883-Mystic-Fencer-Concept-%28Magical-Melee-DPS%29
    Geomancer Caster DPS https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/420228-Geomancer-Earth-s-Wrath-%28Caster-DPS%29

Player
    Character
    Mick Gaoxing
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PatronasCharm View Post
    Haven't delved too deep as to what Eureka is, with the exception of some familiar FFXI armors are making an appearance.

Is it like an Open-World Palace of the Dead? But your max level and you kill enemies?

All I know is my buddy is excited, and I am eager to delve in there with him and kick some tail.
    My guess is that it will be something similar to mob grinding akin to Abyssea in FFXI.

I main Red Mage and imagine doing things solo will come a bit more easy to me. At the end of the day though I'd imagine every class will be able to experience some solo aspect with Eureka.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I'm getting the impression that though they say you can go in solo, it just means you're going to get thrown into a random party with others like Diadem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blackmage Vivi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KageTokage View Post
    I'm getting the impression that though they say you can go in solo, it just means you're going to get thrown into a random party with others like Diadem.
    no its like an open area you make and disband parties as you please each instance is 128-144 people

it will just be a zerg fest.

no que you just enter

like the triple triad battle hall.
    (1)
    Last edited by Musashidon; 03-09-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I think RDM will be a safe pick for solo for the casters, I dunno if the elemental things will affect pets (I suppose they do but you may never know) which will affect SMN solo skills, BLM will be nearly impossible without elements beforehand unless they have their version of sustain potions and/or pomanders.

I do wonder between PLD and WAR which is better because the 2 have different approches to things in my opinion, not to mention that PLD has a better form of cheat-death than WAR albeit on a longer CD, also they both can sacrifice a dps window for self heal.
    So yeah that's a though call for me

For healers mmmh I think SCH and WHM are fine with SCH maybe on a slighter edge but AST ugh.....I found levelling it extremely tedious when solo so I suppose it won't be any different.

All in all without knowing if there are consumable to use in the zone that can shake things up this is my opinion
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaiser Sturmwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I wonder if anything in there can be CCed. PotD was a nice surprise in that regard, but with how tough the mobs in Eureka look, I wouldn't be surprised if they had CC immunity all around. But I do fondly recall the FFXI days of something extremely powerful aggroing while your party was dealing with another mob, and you'd juggle CC while you dealt with the first one. It's an aspect of MMOs I really miss from XIV, so I hope Eureka allows for some of that.

Not that anyone remembers what CC is in this game and would likely just AoE or attack the CCed mob and lead to a wipe.
    (6)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast