Player
    Character
    Caedron Turos
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 50

Client version

I have Stormblood and wife doesn’t. If I update her client so I can also play on her rig, will she lose the ability to log into client because she only has realm reborn or will she still be able to log in and just play base content?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dirk Gently
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicatedOne View Post
    I have Stormblood and wife doesn’t. If I update her client so I can also play on her rig, will she lose the ability to log into client because she only has realm reborn or will she still be able to log in and just play base content?
    if she logs in using her user info she will only have access to the stuff she has paid for. your log in decides what you have access to.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I had a friend who downloaded HW so someone else could use his computer to play their account when they visited(while he himself wasnt there yet and hadnt bought it). As i remember it, he had one complaint. When he logged in his account, the game would ask him for a HW activation code. It didnt force him to put one in, but it asked him to(probly assuming he downloaded it but forgot to turn on the expansion for his account). He was always going to get the expansion, but he was waiting until he needed it(he only started playing the base game around the time the expack came out). Eventually when he upgraded, he said it was half to keep leveling his crafters(his adventuring level was lagging behind... it still is...) and half to stop the message.

With that said, i dont know if they changed any of that. She would certainly still be able to access all the stuff she can now, just maybe with one extra message to click through at startup.
    (1)