Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    The Warrior of Light is completely immune to the negative influence of Nidhogg's Eyes because the player's character canonically is not a native born Ishgardian, and thus lacks the draconic 'taint' within them that all Ishgardians possess (the traces of Ratatoskr's spirit that was passed on from Thordan and the Knights Twelve at the very founding of Ishgard). To say nothing of the Echo also would provide protection from it's influence as it would be effectively the same as the protection from Primal influence that the Echo also grants us.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Arturia Crossroads
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Ha I only remember thinking "well I'm sure that's never gonna come back and bite us"
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Shizuku Duskheart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    The Warrior of Light is completely immune to the negative influence of Nidhogg's Eyes because the player's character canonically is not a native born Ishgardian, and thus lacks the draconic 'taint' within them that all Ishgardians possess (the traces of Ratatoskr's spirit that was passed on from Thordan and the Knights Twelve at the very founding of Ishgard). To say nothing of the Echo also would provide protection from it's influence as it would be effectively the same as the protection from Primal influence that the Echo also grants us.
    Oh right I totally forgot about that one part. My bad. For some reason my mind just assumed they would corrupt anyone who had them both.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    let's not forget how strong our echo is
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntol View Post
    Indeed, in fact reading these comments made me wonder where did that information regarding the Sea of Clouds came from. During that cutscene I also facepalmed at the decission but I also understood the urgency to get them as far from everyone as possible. I didn´t understand why they thought the eyes would be lost forever or why they didn´t send anyone to destroy them afterwards though.
    It's mentioned in the MSQ, but not until later - I think when the Eyes turn up again at the leadup to Stormblood? It was a conversation in the East Shroud if I remember correctly, so must have been after Baelsar's Wall.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    P'liko Cuga
    World
    Sophia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    It's mentioned in the MSQ, but not until later - I think when the Eyes turn up again at the leadup to Stormblood? It was a conversation in the East Shroud if I remember correctly, so must have been after Baelsar's Wall.
    Indeed it was.

A couple of other NPCs (Alphinaud and Aymeric) also make note of this, which always strikes me as the writers making absolutely sure that people understood that the decision to toss the Eyes off the bridge was done with limited information and time.
    (4)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3