Player
    Character
    Morrigan Vanzant
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Almostward View Post
    I remember I was playing WHM during the Reaserch Faclillity. The tank was about to pull a big group of adds and I hit him with a regen. The tank pulled it all, but some enemies came at me.

Usually I know better, but for some reason i did it anyway. Luckily the tank pulled the enemies before any damage was done. Sadly after they typed in chat how I was a re**rd and shouldn't even play this game because only an ifiot uses regen.

We both finished the dungeon without typing anything. They were problay the most toxic player I have come across.
    Regen is only one of most useful abilities in a WHM's toolkit so why would some use it? /sarcasm...

I've noticed lately that a lot of player's are very micromanaging toward healers. Almost all of my runs this week I have encountered players that have been upset with me DPSing when their HPs never dipped below 50-60 percent and HoT's were ticking away. One of the tanks flat out said "don't DPS only heal..."
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luno Belfi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybiz650 View Post
    snip
    That reminds me when I went to a dungeon with a WAR. I done what I always do: get along the tank casting some cures and shielding him until he's done pulling. Then I do a swiftcast holy to top the tank and put a regen on him (and Asylum as necessary). If his HP is not falling too fast, I proceed to DPS'ing (Aero III > Assize > Holy spam). Else, I try to keep him alive, even if I have to spam Cure II. Easy. But that WAR pulled way bigger than what he could tank. And no, he wasn't using any defensive cooldown. Not even tank stance.

That led obviously to a wipe for the thrash mobs. And he said to me exactly "don't DPS only heal". "Sigh", I though. I done exactly what he said just to... Wipe again. Asylum, Regen, Medica II, Tetra, Bene and Cure II spam weren't enough to save his life. To the same mobs. And then that WAR began to talk trash at me. That was the first time I said "Well... Good luck finding another healer. I'm out".
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Doom Moonwalker
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 61
    The more I read some of these, the more I'm terrified to start leveling any of my healers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Morrigan Vanzant
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by miraidensetsu View Post
    snip
    There comes a point where we can only mitigate and heal so much damage and if tanks and others aren't using their tools properly well it's a wipe. It's very easy to blame a healer when things go south and sometimes it is due to our mistake but definitely not always as is the case with your scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeDoom View Post
    The more I read some of these, the more I'm terrified to start leveling any of my healers.
    It's a fact that you are going to encounter some of these scenarios in your own play but for every one of those there are many more who are positive and even complimentary. Mistakes will happen but they are learning experiences as you figure out how to adapt and get the most out of your healing tool kit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doom Moonwalker
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybiz650 View Post
    There comes a point where we can only mitigate and heal so much damage and if tanks and others aren't using their tools properly well it's a wipe. It's very easy to blame a healer when things go south and sometimes it is due to our mistake but definitely not always as is the case with your scenario.

It's a fact that you are going to encounter some of these scenarios in your own play but for every one of those there are many more who are positive and even complimentary. Mistakes will happen but they are learning experiences as you figure out how to adapt and get the most out of your healing tool kit.
    That's definitely reassuring. I'm definitely leaning more towards AST, because I like the whole stars and cards aesthetic.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Morrigan Vanzant
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I do enjoy all of the healing classes but AST is definitely my favorite. The cards are a very nice utility as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baidar Torgud
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Here's a hint of what's to come if you do go AST. They have one of the best looking level 70 class quest gear in the game, but that's my opinion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nana Wiloh
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    So just ran the Lighthouse and like everybody its a wipe fest mostly. Was on Construct 7 the current king of wipe Got two a point where my group was almost completely dead the other two groups half to all dead. Decided too use lb3 get people back up and see if we can save things. Like clock work two of my fellow party memebers take issue and resort to inuslts and critism followed by me being kicked. Funny part now comes in as the one the doing the insulting was dying a lot, next group I get clears construct first try and then Yiaz on our second try. Would tell the group who kicked me thanks for the favor but with how things were going I doubt they downed Yiaz
    (1)
    Last edited by NanaWiloh; 05-23-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 84
    I have a fun story about the Lighthouse. 24-player raids are more fun when players don't know the mechanics going in, thus figuring them out becomes part of the strategy.

Anyway, the first boss we got down to 20% before Alliance wiping.
    Second boss was kinda miserable to be a healer since nobody figured out that chains mechanic, but no wipe.
    Third boss (the one with the math mechanic), really showed who wasn't paying attention. Or didn't get the math. I felt this was a cool mechanic, but probably should have been more literal. Alliance wipe at 25%, one time.
    Fourth boss, someone had the nerve to try vote abandon, twice. The co-healer from my party and two DPS from alliance A dropped out at this point (90 minute mark.) Unfortunately the new co-healer couldn't stay alive more than 5 seconds every time they were raised, so I tried raising the RDM instead, and that was not any more successful. (point of reference I had 38K hp, first co-healer had 42K. Second co healer had 36K.)

By the end of this my gear was down to 17%.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duvvvv Starflux
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    WoD as SMN, right at the first set of trash mobs I had to rez one healer (because the other didn't seem to care his co-healer was iced and needs healing)

turns out both healers were the lazy type, no heal not even regen and no f*cks given to our tank who was MT, whom I had to resurrect at least 2x

had to ask them if they're new, one said he was tired leveling up all DoM it was his last job, had to tell them you don't need to spam, just prioritize the tank and throw occasional aoe heals.
    they kind of decided to heal at Cloud of Darkness. I felt like an SCH with a carby instead of a faerie that whole run >_<
    (1)

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast