Player
    Character
    Eledra Eldar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 67

Unable to connect data center (EU)

Hi yesterday i played as usually, bud today i cannot connect to data center (EU) an log in Ragnarok. I tried "tracert" bud this do not work on my pc, tried other software bud not work too (disabled all antivir and firewall software too). I post this problem on my IPS UPC Czech Republic and i post there too in hope someone will help me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eledra Eldar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 67

Update 5.3.2018

After few email's and long phone talk with my IPS (UPC Czech Republic) they say that problem is at FF14 server side, because in ISP side all work well. Can someone from SE reply what is this tech problem and mainly give time and date when fix this problem? Need check in game my garden, and other stuff too. Thx.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eledra Eldar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 67

Ok nothing changet

Still cannot connect EU data center. Client stop at "connecting to data center" and stop work. Is this how company work, do nothing and ask us to pay for service that do not work?

Ok IPS say that my IP is on blacklist, how to i get support for unlock my IP?
    (0)
    Last edited by Eledra; 03-06-2018 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Future info from my IPS

Hello Eledra, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums

The issue you are describing is most associated with interference with the game data. Most of the time, it results from certain security/privacy changes on Internet Explorer. Other times it occurs when an application that is running in the background is causing interference, such as Anti-virus software, firewalls, media players, web browsers, etc.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference.

Ensure that the latest version of Internet Explorer is installed on your PC (even if you don't use Internet Explorer), please do not use Edge as that is a different internet platform. Once Internet Explorer is up-to-date, please open the IE browser, open the "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED.
    [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    Please RESTART your PC now.

Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

Hope to be of assistance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eledra Eldar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 67

I worked

Ariellendera, its worked.

Still i need find what is precise problem, because before 4.3.2018 all work fine include FF14. Only after 4.3.2018 FF14 got this "connecting to data center" and stop work problem. No change in antivirus (Avast) firewall (Avast and Comodo) browser i use latest Firefox 64bit. Only my cable modem is really old piece of hardware (soon change for top modem my IPS offer)
    (0)

Thank you for the update Eledra. I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

This thread will be moved to the 'Support Center Resolved' subforum as the thread creator has found a resolution to their issue.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)