Player
    Character
    Bill Orz
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70

Gaius van Baelsar Triple Triad card and Praetorium changes

I just wanted to rant about how Square sort of forgot about this card when they did the changes to Praetorium. I regret not farming for this card when it was one of the easier 5-star cards to get.

It is pretty short-sighted and careless of Square to not leave in the option for us to farm Praetorium unsynced. Or just increase the card's drop rate from Praetorium. Even at 100% drop rate, it would probably still take longer on average to get this card than before (One 50 minute run rather than a few 10 minute runs).

An alternate solution would also be to increase the drop rate on Indolent Imperial to something reasonable (maybe up it from 1/500 to 1/100).
    (0)
    Last edited by pacifist0rz; 03-04-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifist0rz View Post
    I just wanted to rant about how Square sort of forgot about this card when they did the changes to Praetorium.
    Since people weren't really supposed to do quick unsynced farming runs of Praetorium in the first place, I very much doubt SE is bothered if that card is harder to get now. On the contrary it could be viewed as a positive side effect of making the cutscenes unskippable.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    ...few thoughts here:

1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt this card introduced before unsynching was a thing at all? Before we even knew such a thing would be added to the game? Granted, back then CS were still skipable but I'm fairly sure it serves as an indicator that you werent excatly supposed to farm this unsyched to get your card.
    2) Its not a very good 5-star card. Certainly not one I ever used in my deck. So the main intrest here would be to complete a collection and when it comes to that, it seems fairly resonable to have rare objects to add to that. This is more putting that card on equal footing with other 5-stars.
    3) In addition to 1): the card has been in the game quite a while... and NOW you want to farm for it...? Talking about sour graps...
    4) The game offers an alternative to obtain this card. Make your pick and dont expect the rare stuff to be handed to you...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    The Indolent Imperial isn't even all that difficult to farm, if you go that route. Just make a beastman or a scion deck, and you'll have a really high win rate.

Sure, it might take a while, but you'll also gain some MGP on the side.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    This card is one of those that for some they got it fairly quickly or never seems to want to drop even if you go about using the options given to you to get it. I mean they have increased some card's drop rate via increasing the ways to get it. This card on the other hand can only drop in two locations. People shouldn't have to farm a now lengthy instance or an npc just to get a card for various reasons. Maybe they really like to play with a Garlean deck, or increase the chance of a good card when you have to play with the random rule, or for completion, or they don't want to see the haha i STILL have a card marker above their head. I know people who do all the side quests just so they don't have to see that on their screen. Not everyone went about grinding out TT cards when they 1st came out or every time new cards are added.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SannaR View Post
    This card is one of those that for some they got it fairly quickly or never seems to want to drop even if you go about using the options given to you to get it. I mean they have increased some card's drop rate via increasing the ways to get it. This card on the other hand can only drop in two locations. People shouldn't have to farm a now lengthy instance or an npc just to get a card for various reasons.
    The Hien-card only drops from one NPC with a shitty set of rules.
    The WoL and Zidane only drop from gold packs.
    Cecil, Tidus, Lightning and Firion only drop from Platinum Packs - unless you're so lucky to win against the cheaters in the tournament to get first place.

Most cards, 5-star or not, are actually only available at two, maybe three locations (with the set up often being: NPC, dungeon, HM-version of the dungeon).

I dont really see why this particular needs to be made easier to obtain? The NPC is fairly easy to play, after all.
    If its the marker thats bothering people... how about asking for an option to just turn that off?

Isnt the whole point of a card-collection game like TT to... well, collect cards? Including rare ones that need a bit more luck/longer to obtain?
    "People shouldnt have to do that" - and they dont have to. Its not like Gaius was a very good card thats need to succeed in TT or anything... it certainly wouldnt be game breaking if more people had this card, but I cant stand this attitude of "please, hand me everything" anymore - and yes, I'm aware that the OP didnt specifically asked for that but comparing Gaius to the other 5-stars he still is fairly easy to get.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adelmonte Winters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    Been farming Indolent Imperial with a Scion deck for Gaius for 3 hours. RnGesus hates me...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avatre Drakone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezerius View Post
    The Indolent Imperial isn't even all that difficult to farm, if you go that route. Just make a beastman or a scion deck, and you'll have a really high win rate.

Sure, it might take a while, but you'll also gain some MGP on the side.
    Farming all the cards I'm missing from NPCs has netted me a solid 150k MGP...and I still don't have them all done(saw a few that I haven't even fought yet!)

Quote Originally Posted by Adelmonte View Post
    Been farming Indolent Imperial with a Scion deck for Gaius for 3 hours. RnGesus hates me...
    Minimum of 50 TT battles with the Flame Commander(I still curse his name!) getting multiples of all but the second card that he offers(can't remember which one it was, but it was definitely the second card that he offers).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adelmonte Winters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 57
    Kinda crazy the time invested in TT for the rare cards. I normally do matches in between queues as dps to help break the monotony. All I need is Gaius though and I got all npc cards from ARR...then onto HW. I dislike the drop rate sometimes...But damn does it feel rewarding when you get the card xD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    If you think Giaus is hard to get, I don't want to know what you think about getting Regula. Which is a great card to have for TT as it makes Plus games so much easier to win. It's also only available from the Imperial pack and the Imperial NPC in Azys Lla where it has abysmal drop rates and annoying rules...
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast