Player
    Character
    Fefnir Eindraer
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80

Cecil Glamour Anytime Soon?

As the title states. While I've played ff since the original, ff4 (ff2 for usa) was the first with named hero. I've been a paladin in ever game since. Right now I'm glamoured to Alex glove/boot and Firion chest/leg, but would glamour Cecil's look in a heartbeat. Any chance this will happen anytime soon? Or was it already added and I just missed it?

edit: from what I can gather all but Cecil, Bartz and Vaan's glamours are in the game either through events, out of game live events, raids, or veteran rewards...
    (0)
    Last edited by Thaeros; 04-03-2018 at 04:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Technically the design of PLD AF1 is based loosely on Cecil's PLD sprite in the original SNES version of FFIV (note the coronet especially), and also both his DRK and PLD Amano-design headgear is in the game (Baron Helm and Baron Circlet respectively), they were bonuses for purchasing the Collector's Edition of Heavensward and pre-ordering HW respectively. I believe you can 'upgrade' a standard version of HW through the Mogstation to gain the Collector's Edition bonuses, but sadly the preorder bonus is now unattainable.

Unfortunately also the rest of Cecil's armour has not been added to the game, but the Baron Helm at least goes very well with Odin's armour (fitting too, given Odin in FFIV was the King of Baron ), and either Firion's armour (from Veteran Rewards) or the FFI Armour of Light (from Labyrinth of the Ancients) also fits the Baron Circlet, so that is an alternative.
    (1)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 04-03-2018 at 05:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fefnir Eindraer
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I'm more referring to the art armor or the armor in this picture from Dissidia.

edit: I cant get the pictures to show up, but its cecil from dissida, a good picture is where he is standing next to firion when zidane shows up (clash of worlds movie, around 5 minute mark)
    (0)
    Last edited by Thaeros; 04-03-2018 at 05:20 AM. Reason: picture not showing up

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Yeah Good luck with that one. I wish we had Dissida NT gear, so far you can only get Warrior of Light from Crystal tower, Zidane / Squal / Cloud / Firion are Vet reward so achievement tickets,Tidus was fan fare, Lightning from cash shop or event, some gear can be dyed and can come close to it. Baron sets were from Collectors addition if I recall correctly.
    (0)
    Last edited by ManuelBravo; 04-04-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fefnir Eindraer
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Id be fine with any method, I just want my Cecil :*(
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ameela Trussa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Technically the design of PLD AF1 is based loosely on Cecil's PLD sprite in the original SNES version of FFIV (note the coronet especially)
    VERY loosely I'd say, there are almost zero similarities.

The Paladin AF is missing many key things about Cecil's original armor in the sprite, namely the blue cloth over the armor which is white in the XIV version, the more traditional shoulder pads as opposed to the blocky mess that PLDs get, the cape and the more gold-ish look of the armor as opposed to the PLD AF which is white and grey.
    The coronet is also different seeing as how Cecil's only has three spikes, two at the edge and a bigger one in the middle with a jewel, while the gallant coronet has 5 spikes and now jewels (also worth noting that Cecil's coronet is a bit more curvy and flowy rather than being a straight line of spikes.

Although personally if I had to pick a look of Cecil's to bring over into XIV it would definitely be his updated sprite from the PSP remake of IV.

I don't care about practicality, we need more sleeveless armor in the game!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Link'
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameela View Post
    Cecil
    When I was a kid, it always surprised me how the sprite was so different from Amano's concept art. The shape and even the colours were totally different.

Though the PSP remake seems more "accurate".

I'd also like to have both Bartz and Terra's outfits. ; ;
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    Shirk is how you high five the other tank for the tag out. They raise their hand up with provoke and you tag it with shirk. Don't leave them hanging.

Player
    Character
    Ameela Trussa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Amano's artwork has never been exactly accurate to the games (or is it the games that aren't accurate to Amano's artwork? I don't really know at this point)
    Even in the original game, Amano's interpretation of the Warrior vastly differs from the sprite.

(0)