Player
    Character
    Adol Crosner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80

Naadam - easier on Monk or Dragoon?

I'm about to do the Naadam in the Steppe. I'm freaking terrified because I don't have good experiences with solo duties. Is it easier to do this on Monk or Dragoon? I'm kind of leaning toward Monk because of its aoes. Also how difficult is it in general?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Monk is only guaranteed safe for about 10s of downtime before losing its core buffs (just under 16 tops). Dragoon is safe infinitely, if BotD is used correctly. I'd generally go with Dragoon if worried about scattered combat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    As a BLM, i focused on single target attacks when i cleared that instance(my first try when i failed i started with AoEs then switched midway through). Something about not wanting too many things hitting me at once. You cant "clear" the instance of enemies before the end anyway, as they continue to spawn and charge in. Made AoE seem less valuable. Id recommend* using the class you're more comfortable with. Its a decently hard instance, and knowing your class better can make a big difference.

*Disclaimer: If one class has significantly better gear then the other, it may be advisable to use the one with the gear advantage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nosam Kin
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    This is a challenging one. There are three distinct phases - make sure you are clear on the goal for each phase.

I agree with the single target attack comment as well as the gear loadout. I failed this one a few times as SMN but did fine as DRK.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adol Crosner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I actually beat it with monk on my first try lol. I wasn't sure what to expect from it after some of the more recent solo duties (Zenos), but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be haha. In any case, thanks for your input all!
    (0)