Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigandier View Post
    I've read in multiple places that Weaver doesn't have any 45 leves, just a bunch of 40s and a single 50.

Not sure if it's correct or not, but as 44 weaver who's mowed through about 200 leves the past month, I can say I have never seen these 45 leves.
    ahh, the thing with 2 crafts is something i read in another thread. don't know if there's any truth to it fyi.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vile Brigandier
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    ahh, the thing with 2 crafts is something i read in another thread. don't know if there's any truth to it fyi.
    There might be something to that with crafts that have 45s (still operating on the assumption Weaver doesn't). I know the list seems to change differently depending on if you are completing leves vs. abandoning them, so it might be worth testing.
    (0)
    Account deactivated. Holding out for Guild Wars 2.

Player
    Character
    Kuro Otaku
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Eagle Fletchings
    is no longer a possible recipe ... i cant get eagle feather dropped at all ... in patch 1.19 said its no longer dropped
    (0)

Real Life > FFXIV

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiosha_Maureiba View Post
    If you're feeling kinda crazy combat, I hear tell people repeating primal fight quests, switching to DoL or DoH and netting the xp.
    I know a number of people that do this. Obviously Ifrit win nets you 5K exp but the time it takes (to defeat him, return to gridania, get another lamp, return to broken water etc.) can vary between 15mins and 30mins on average.

The same is true of lvl 45 Grand Company Caravan Security. Change to your crafter class before the Caravan gets to the finish line and you can net yourself 2500-3500 exp per win (every 15mins). Which only comes out to 10-12K exp per hour; but considering people will run this for hours on end just to farm Grand Company Seals, you would be killing two or more birds with one stone.
    (1)
    Last edited by Matsume; 01-25-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vile Brigandier
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Boy View Post
    is no longer a possible recipe ... i cant get eagle feather dropped at all ... in patch 1.19 said its no longer dropped
    Thanks for the info, this explains why they are going for 5k+ each on Besaid then.

I hit 45 last night and "Pants Make the Man" 50 leve opened up. Giving around 515~ exp per synth plus a 3600ish bonus for turn in. I have found I am making much better progress now that I have been doing the following:
    1. Grab all leves available,
    2. Do the easiest one,
    3. Repeat 1 & 2, if none available do the next easiest and check again.

Doing the above you eventually end up with nearly every leve in your possession, and completing Pants Make the Man, Holes in their Defense, or Hanging by a Thread usually causes one of those 3 to pop back up immediately (since you already have all the bad ones). In about 4 hours of crafting yesterday I managed to skip leathercraft sub leves nearly entirely, though once the leve NPC didn't give me any new leves and I had to do a bad one to get him to reshuffle.
    (1)
    Account deactivated. Holding out for Guild Wars 2.

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    I know a number of people that do this. Obviously Ifrit win nets you 5K exp but the time it takes (to defeat him, return to gridania, get another lamp, return to broken water etc.) can vary between 15mins and 30mins on average.

The same is true of lvl 45 Grand Company Caravan Security. Change to your crafter class before the Caravan gets to the finish line and you can net yourself 2500-3500 exp per win (every 15mins). Which only comes out to 10-12K exp per hour; but considering people will run this for hours on end just to farm Grand Company Seals, you would be killing two or more birds with one stone.
    yea the ifrit thing is a killing 2 birds with 1 stone thing too. i wouldn't do it just for the xp. I still have 1 weapon to get so until i get it my xp goes to miner.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bubble Yum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Actually, the easiest thing is to do the two leves in Uldah for Uwilsyng. If they aren't an option, simply complete another in-town leve (for any job) and this will reset the selection. Hasty Hand the leves since the exp gained per synth is low to begin with. This is the most time-efficient method. That's roughly 300k exp for 99 leves - enough to go from 47 to 50.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avraym Kent
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 77
    Unfortunately, weaver is full of ways to craft to level 1-35 and as such, seems to have little/nothing in the way of "easy crafts" 35-50. After 35 you hit a wall pretty fast.

At 35 you can start doing the R40 Leves, and then thats pretty much your most viable option til 50 im afraid.

The rest of the matts are just too expensive in my opinion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I'm nearly 49 wvr, and i get a lv or two a day on the leves. But i do occasionally take a few days break. Also I've found i can get alot more done, if i get all the leves for weaver. I have Camp Horizon, and Camp Broken water set as my favored locations. I occasionally get leves for Black Brush and Bluefog. When i do I will simply choco out to one of those places, then port to the favored camps to drop off leves, then return to uldah. Its worked great for me so far. But I'm not someone that obsessively uses my anima for anything else. So i got plenty. And Usually my anima decreases at near the same rate as my Leve count too, which is kinda neat. And at this level i am frequently getting one lv 50 leve in town. And normally only one lv 40 out of town leve. It sometimes gives a third, but not as frequent as before lv 47. I'm considering just sticking to the lv 50 leve, sense it tends to come up a lot now. But i did that crap before, just sticking with intown leves, and it took a very long time, compared to what I'm doing now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kuro Otaku
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    do u notice that Local Leve reset when u finish leve
    (0)

Real Life > FFXIV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast