Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50

Botanist Level 45 --- And Beyond! -- Why?

Hello,

I hope this has not already been discussed to death. I looked but could not see a useful post on this subject.

I am presently Botanist 41 and I am wondering: What is the direct benefit of continuing to level to 45 (or 50).

-- There are no new skills to be had.
    -- I can already log the highest level trees available (Iron Lake -- Level 5 for example)
    -- I know if Level 6 nodes become available, doing 45-50 will be MUCH faster then than doing it now with Level 5 nodes.

This is of course excluding achievement awards.
    Also excluding the ability to wear new gear.

Is there any other tangible benefit?

Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    If you get all 3 gather classes to 50 you get a title...

And you can use Luminary tools.

Other than that no, there isn't any benefit but now you can gather moar.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    Hello,

I hope this has not already been discussed to death. I looked but could not see a useful post on this subject.

I am presently Botanist 41 and I am wondering: What is the direct benefit of continuing to level to 45 (or 50).

-- There are no new skills to be had.
    -- I can already log the highest level trees available (Iron Lake -- Level 5 for example)
    -- I know if Level 6 nodes become available, doing 45-50 will be MUCH faster then than doing it now with Level 5 nodes.

This is of course excluding achievement awards.
    Also excluding the ability to wear new gear.

Is there any other tangible benefit?

Thank you.
    if you mine for mats and not to lvl you'll hit 50 sooner or later anyway. Its not worth the grind just to do it. Also as i stated somewhere else the fastest way to lvl DoL at that point is ifrit.

im a miner so i said miner even though you are btn, sorry
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    the fastest way to lvl DoL at that point is ifrit.
    Um, what? Please elaborate lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    I think you've pretty much said it. Excluding the ability to wear new gear, which may help stats to get more resources with less time, I don't believe there's a tangible.

The way I started to look at gathering. Leveling is a side effect of getting the resources you need or want to profit from.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    Um, what? Please elaborate lol.
    Kill Ifrit and or Moogles. Change class to desired DoH/L. Talk to NPC and get exp.

To get about 100,000 exp on a DoL over 45 would take about 500 gathering successes. Or about 20 Primal wins.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laorik Kaitos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    the fastest way to lvl DoL at that point is ifrit
    If you've got the anima i'd beg to differ. @45+ you can finish both leve's for a camp in less than 5 minutes. Even without Guardian's Aspect, you'll still get about 6k in just leve completion xp (then throw actual successful gathering xp in there for more) which is more than Ifrit/Moogle reward. Plus you know, free mats and free money.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    Kill Ifrit and or Moogles. Change class to desired DoH/L. Talk to NPC and get exp.

To get about 100,000 exp on a DoL over 45 would take about 500 gathering successes. Or about 20 Primal wins.
    I think when I reach such a level in crafting, I will need to get one (or both) of these fights down.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laorik View Post
    If you've got the anima i'd beg to differ. @45+ you can finish both leve's for a camp in less than 5 minutes. Even without Guardian's Aspect, you'll still get about 6k in just leve completion xp (then throw actual successful gathering xp in there for more) which is more than Ifrit/Moogle reward. Plus you know, free mats and free money.
    who ever has the anima. if your gonna lvl on leves your anima will not last too long. and no you can finish 2 leves in less then 5 mins, that's exaggerating a bit. After lvl 45, leves are better then grinding though, i just dont need to rush miner to 50 and prefer to lvl while im doing moogle and ifrit since im doing it anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laorik Kaitos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    who ever has the anima. if your gonna lvl on leves your anima will not last too long. and no you can finish 2 leves in less then 5 mins, that's exaggerating a bit. After lvl 45, leves are better then grinding though, i just dont need to rush miner to 50 and prefer to lvl while im doing moogle and ifrit since im doing it anyway.
    Fine, lets go with 10 minutes. Regardless, when I grab two new leves I'm waiting 5 minutes on my return timer from the last batch of leves. And the anima will last pretty long. 50 anima is 100 leves... I'm not saying you should rush to 50, I'm just saying that Ifrit is NOT the fastest way to level it if people do want to grind to 50.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast