Player
    Character
    Roxanne Steele
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90

Is the last challenge for Masked Carnivale even possible this week?

08. Bomb-edy of Errors

Too Fast, Too Furious - Completed performance faster than ideal time.
    4 Ways to Die - Used four or fewer unique spell types.
    Mastery of Water - Cast only water-or unaspected spells.

So, for this one, the spell loadout is pretty simple, since you can only take four spells.

Water Cannon is about the only thing you can take, because it does 120 potency and there isn't any other spells that does more damage that isn't a different aspect.

Off-guard is a given, because it's just a solid damage increase.

Flying Sardine is a requirement because of Burst being a one-shot if you don't silence it.

Song of Torment is the only logical last spell, because it's unaspected and a DoT, so it helps burn it down faster.

The problem comes with that first challenge. The ideal completion time for this stage is 2 minutes and 45 seconds! How in the HELL are we supposed to beat something in that short amount of time when the only spells we have access to are the four I listed?

I've done this challenge several times now and I've always been at least a minute, usually more, over the ideal completion time.
    (0)

2. 05-29-2019 03:47 AM
    Reason
    Whoops, I posted info for last week, not this week. Forgot the week changed.

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    If I remember right, you auto kill the small bombs by popping the the wind weakness ones.

If you're running out of time, then it's a DPS thing. Which means Song of Tormet is probably not your best choice for second damage spell.

Remember that you can freeze the big bomb mama by having it be nearby the blue bombs when they die. I think you're going to have to do something like

Watercannon
    Offguard
    Boost
    Final Sting

Pop the bomb-ombs with mama over them for the free damage, then Final Sting nuke it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I managed to do it in 2:12 seconds with the following spells:

Water Cannon
    Off Guard
    Bristle
    Final Sting

Basically, the strategy was to utilize the exploding Frost bombs to interrupt the Burst casts (Also deal damage) until getting Progenetrix low enough to pop with Final Sting (~25% life)

Since the cast order for Progenetrix is Sap > Sap > Burst with about 2ish seconds between Saps and 1 second between Sap and Burst.

So, pull boss with Off Guard. It'll then use Sap on you immediately. Go for a Water Cannon cast if you wish, otherwise, stand somewhere to the side, to let her move into position near the middle Blue Bomb. She'll then cast her second Sap and you will make your final positioning adjustment as she'll move slightly. Spam Water Cannon until the cast completes and then Bristle > Water Cannon on the middle Fire Bomb (Since Water Cannon can low roll and not one-shot it...)

At this point, Burst will be interrupted and she'll be frozen. Run to the back of the arena and position yourself to spam Water Cannons from behind one of the Blue Bombs. Dodge the Sap. Water Cannon some more. Dodge the second Sap and make final positioning adjustments. Bristle > Water Cannon the next Fire Bomb.

Then sprint over to the last pair of bombs. Spam Water Cannon while she's frozen. Dodge the Sap. Spam Water Cannon. Dodge the second Sap and make positioning adjustments. Bristle > Water Cannon the last Fire Bomb.

Then just spam Water Cannon until she's at about 25% life. Bristle > Final Sting.

GG.

Could possibly do it even without Final Sting, provided you have some other skill to add in damage (Such as Peculiar Light, Song of Torment, Veil of the Whorl?)
    (1)