Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90

Expansion Ideas: Systems, Features, and Content Types - What would you add?

How could you "newly" add to or polish the game through new features, systems, and/or content types for an expansion idea?

Feel free to include thematic or even story context. Please explain why you feel your ideas would be new or improving.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Some quick links from throughout the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Kabooa View Post
    Revamping or Removing TP.
    Better button consolidation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandor View Post
    The Flying Adventurer Base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
    Seconding the need for actual airships...
    Better Alting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandor View Post
    Plane shifting, to the other reflections of Hydaelyn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzuna View Post
    Rework the combat system so it's less about rotation, and more about teamplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikai View Post
    UI improvements and other highly sensible changes.

Why these?
    - Separately listed, and therefore easily linked.
    - Mostly self-explanatory.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shurrikhan; 05-21-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    Taiyo Shikasu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Some sort of expansion wide threat. Like FFXIV!Jenova or something. The kind of thing that is the big threat across the whole expansion rather than just the first patch and is pretty much resolved.

A feature I'd like to see prior to a new expansion is a level sync for parties like XI had. Sometimes you're hanging out with someone of a lower level and it's gonna be hard for them to level outside of FATEs and dungeons because they're not getting any EXP.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Story wise, I'd love to see the garleans actually win something. So far it seems(to me at least) we've steamrolled them and they are supposed to be an all powerful empire. Either with us liberating a new province early on and having it crushing taken away from us or them taking back something we've already captured. Id also like to either explore the rest of higane (I think that's the name, the island with kugane/shirogane) or further inland of othard( maybe more au'ra tribes pls). But ya let the garleans win one so we feel less like a Mary Sue and let us feel hopeless to save people.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Well if their servers could handle it a mass seige event. I remember when AQ opened up on WoW and there was a global event to fight off the bugs. Could have different GC's focus on their battlements for the upcoming seige.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Revolver Ocelot
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I definitely want the Garleans to win something BIG, and make the WOL feel powerless. Lemme get captured or something, like Fordola was. Let the loaded gun WOL feel the feels all the powerless people do. :'(
    (4)
    Last edited by Valentine-R; 03-01-2018 at 12:04 AM.

7. 03-01-2018 03:00 AM
    Reason
    going to rework it

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentine-R View Post
    Let the loaded gun WOL feel the feels all the powerless people do. :'(
    That was big H's purpose and it was one of the most groan-inducing cutscenes ever.

And does anyone remember the last time we got captured? By Amal'jaa, sent to our death before the Lord of the Inferno? Now that worked out well. Bonus points for allowing us to just go back to town at leisure from the 'cell'.

Ah yes, and then they put in Zenos to own us a couple times, only so we could own him harder later. At this point, I'd just wish they'd stop trying, we're bound to win, so it's cringe-worthy to give the NPCs these pity victories.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    That was big H's purpose and it was one of the most groan-inducing cutscenes ever.

And does anyone remember the last time we got captured? By Amal'jaa, sent to our death before the Lord of the Inferno? Now that worked out well. Bonus points for allowing us to just go back to town at leisure from the 'cell'.

Ah yes, and then they put in Zenos to own us a couple times, only so we could own him harder later. At this point, I'd just wish they'd stop trying, we're bound to win, so it's cringe-worthy to give the NPCs these pity victories.
    I don't really mind fights that make our opponents look like proper badasses who may be a challenge to put down. I merely mind when, ultimately, they're not. Well, that and when -- in the middle of the villains' power-displaying moment -- suddenly emotional NPCs give their lives as camera fodder when they'd normally (even in this person's presence) be of sounder mind.

More than wanting Garleans ever to win, though, I just want to finally meet a Imperial fighting force as competent as alleged. I wouldn't mind them wrecking us until we're more competent than they, but that's besides the point.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shurrikhan; 03-01-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Player

I would love content focused on tactics and objectives that isn't PVP. Something as simple as queuing in with random classes in a group of 72 and there has to be actual thought put into who does what. Make time of the essence. Someone takes 3 people and goes to make control of a tower. Tower can then be used to blast a boss. Other players search the map for the boss and pull him into range of the tower. Maybe random smaller mobs will spawn and try to retake the tower and we have to defend it while others are blasting. Maybe there are treasure chests hidden someone has to scout for.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahati View Post
    I would love content focused on tactics and objectives that isn't PVP. Something as simple as queuing in with random classes in a group of 72 and there has to be actual thought put into who does what. Make time of the essence. Someone takes 3 people and goes to make control of a tower. Tower can then be used to blast a boss. Other players search the map for the boss and pull him into range of the tower. Maybe random smaller mobs will spawn and try to retake the tower and we have to defend it while others are blasting. Maybe there are treasure chests hidden someone has to scout for.
    Sounds like they could do this easily with eurika. Make a day where a super boss is somewhere on the map and throughout the day people need to find him and try and kill him while fending off adds. Or if u want time to be of the essence make it like a set hour with a boss with an insane amount of hp.
    (0)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast