Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sora Belle
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Im sure you've done your research, im glad you're fighting the good fight for those who can't really be heard. I just lost my static because my metasheeping raid leader felt SMN or MCH would be more valuable to a group than RDM during progression. we were on 2nd foresaken. This games Job Balance is atrocious, because i don't completely blame him. SMN is literally better than RDM in every if not than most ways. I believe corps a corps and displacement should have passive piercing debuffs that last longer than their cool downs. Bard and MCH players are some of the worst when they're aiming for the top because without a dragoon. you'll pretty much be unable to keep them in or they'll force you out if you're playing the weakest job. PLease don't give me that nonesense about good player > meta comp, i've played rdm to the 90th percentile through out deltascape and im already starting to get solid numbers in sigma, people don't care about good players, they want good players of the best jobs
    (1)
    "This is what lights the darkness. A chance to make everyone happy!"
    —Sora

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    Sam could definitely use some buffs.

The other problem is that many just don't use half the kit. The amount of times I see them just standing there waiting. In Susan for example when he disappear for the big sword drop you got like 15 or 20 seconds before that comes down plenty of time to meditate 50 extra kenki. And usually depending on how quick they're smashed you can meditate again soon as the second one is smashed...

I'd keep any buffs on the ogcd side though definitely. Help those who make better use of hagakure and the like really stand out ahead of those that dont
    Agreed. I use meditate every chance I get. I love nothing more than having a group on Rofacale that kills its Archdemon quickly. I can get a full Meditate charge in while he's just running around the board. I would even squeeze it in on D4 when Exdeath would leave the arena to summon the zombie tree. Even if it's just 15 Kenki, it's something. Hardly ever see anyone else use it, though. I'm actually trying to train myself to use Yaten more to avoid AoEs and use the enhanced Enpi to minimize down time.

As for RDM, I feel they dropped the ball with Impact. It should have been more than just a small Jolt buff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryaz; 02-26-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by DGladius View Post
    The simple fix to SAM for it to fit the job's description is to primarily increase potency to things like their 3 combo finishers. Maybe even increase Midare from 720 to like 800 base potency. Or another idea would be to increase amount of kenki gained per weaponskill used resulting in more shintens used overall (Although this might widen the gap more from less skilled or lazy players who don't utilize hagakure and shinten compared to skilled players but that isn't a problem with me.)
    Nah if you buff it's gcds you're only going to make the ogcds even less worthwhile even worthless in some cases.

If you buffed midare to your 800 potency for example then that's 1200 potency with kaiten.
    That would totally destroy hagakure as it would never be worth converting sen to kenki.

Midare at 1200 potency for example is effectively 400 potency per sen. Which in hagakure terms is 400 potency per 20 kenki. (100 potency per 5 kenki)

By that shinten shinten at 25 kenki would need to be 500 potency at least (100 x 5). Anything less than 500 and hagakure just wouldn't be kenki efficient or even viable.

That's why I think any buffs need to be on the ogcd / trait side and reward players who play well. It's basic combos and midare are strong enough I think. Kasha and gekko combos are 830 potency in total. That's not to shabby.
    It's the kenki stuff that needs a buff and maybe the enhanced enpi trait. Make it more powerful but don't buff enpi itself.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dzian; 02-27-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I cannot agree with the user that stated Red Mage does not need a buff. Just because it is a simple job does not equate it should not do more damage.
    For ARR and a good portion of HW Bard was very simple..
    Which brings up to the other point, utility wise other then raise what does Red Mage bring? Some are so big to point out utility but embolden is not big enough of a contribution.
    Jobs like Bard bring far more utility and does do more damage (this could be debated mind you). So perhaps slight buffs and changes need to be made. Higher cost for verraise, and certainly changes to embolden.

As for movement, it is not of issue like that of blm, then again smn is not really hindered by movement so much either..

The only bad part is if you mana shift and say use Lucid Dream (the amount of times i need to raise healers) and then for whatever reason get killed, Red Mage is then completely out o f mana once raised, so another form of regaining mana perhaps could be nice. This is about one of the only situations were your dps could drop down.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    That's why I think any buffs need to be on the ogcd / trait side and reward players who play well. It's basic combos and midare are strong enough I think. Kasha and gekko combos are 830 potency in total. That's not to shabby.
    Ageha
    Ability. Recast - 30 seconds
    Effect: Deals damage with a potency of 100. For each 3 Sen consumed in combat, the potency of Ageha increases by 10. Can only be used on enemies with less than 20% health remaining.

Make Samurais the 'Executioner' melee job. A perfectly played Samurai doesn't change until the boss hits 20%, and then they're whopping out an insane extra OGCD every 30 seconds, ramping up until the boss is dead. Rewards them for A) Not eating !@#% and B) Executing their mechanics.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Delmira Garnet
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Midare at 1200 potency for example is effectively 400 potency per sen. Which in hagakure terms is 400 potency per 20 kenki. (100 potency per 5 kenki)

That's why I think any buffs need to be on the ogcd / trait side and reward players who play well.
    As it is Sam needs more than just 1 or 2 buffs to their skills due to how undertuned they are. Which is why I suggest increase potency to kasha, gekko, and yukikaze itself. Having midare increased also would probably need to have shinten increased a little say From 300 to 320 potency.

Midare at base 800 potency and 1200 with kaiten means the 20 kenki used equates to 400 additional potency. This is 20 potency per kenki. Right now a kaiten midare is 18 potency per kenki that costs a gcd, and auto attack.

Now I don't mind making the job a little harder to play for higher dps but I think that goes against what SE wants with all jobs cause they have been making jobs easier to reduce the skill gap rather than increase it. That's why I suggest potency increases to weaponskills mainly
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by DGladius View Post
    Midare at base 800 potency and 1200 with kaiten means the 20 kenki used equates to 400 additional potency. This is 20 potency per kenki. Right now a kaiten midare is 18 potency per kenki that costs a gcd, and auto attack.

Now I don't mind making the job a little harder to play for higher dps but I think that goes against what SE wants with all jobs cause they have been making jobs easier to reduce the skill gap rather than increase it. That's why I suggest potency increases to weaponskills mainly
    Kaiten midare is effectively 13.5 potency per kenki.
    If each sen is 20 kenki and kaiten is also 20 then it's effectively 80 kenki to do kaiten midare. (1080 / 80 =13.5)

Shinten is 12 potency per kenki which is the same as an unbuffed midare. Which is why it is the ogcds that need the buff not the gcds. Because kenki mastery doesn't equate to much and thus isntvthat rewarding to master
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arcana Nitoryu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayfinder3 View Post
    snip
    Basically, I really hate how poorly they've balanced the jobs in SB especially since they marketed SB as the combat overhaul expansion. The only Job I actually see myself maining (RDM) is under performing in every single category for DPS, and they killed my former mains for me (NIN/SMN) so I cant even go back to that. its like Square is just trying to make give up and quit.
    (0)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Something I've noticed with RDM, that really only matters with regard to group burst, is there is no way to delay the burst (a la "Cooldown" from MCH) in order to fit their burst damage (melee combo) in the minute-to-minute burst phases. Because of this, in order to optimize embo for the group, one needs to use it with no regards for their own optimization. Perhaps some spenders that would allow us to hold off until the minute burst starts, although perhaps 75/75 on its own would help with that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    Something I've noticed with RDM, that really only matters with regard to group burst, is there is no way to delay the burst (a la "Cooldown" from MCH) in order to fit their burst damage (melee combo) in the minute-to-minute burst phases. Because of this, in order to optimize embo for the group, one needs to use it with no regards for their own optimization. Perhaps some spenders that would allow us to hold off until the minute burst starts, although perhaps 75/75 on its own would help with that.
    The main advantage I was assuming to come with the 75/75 and the combo-retaining Manafication was that you could still Embolden in a worthwhile manner within a 2-GCD leniency each for 2 possible tactical fits, as you'd frequently be able to double-combo within its duration if paired with Manafication, which likewise should be far more lenient.
    (1)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast