Player
    Character
    Faeon Nightwhisper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahi View Post
    So you have that much gil... You don't even know what to do with it... Why would you want more?
    erm greed, the rich always want more, if the raised the gill cap they would moan again once they reach that limit too. This is their enjoyment in the game there end game content.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalice_Icefrost View Post
    I think that's completely out of the discussion. People play this game for a ton of different reasons, and the game keeps adapting and permanently making quality of life adjustment for all kind of players, not just the majority.
    Lol your response reminds me of this:

https://kotaku.com/two-final-fantasy...par-1796692020
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aimori Duciel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Lets be realistic here they won't raise the cap. I would love to more access to all my gil easily but it won't happen.

What I have been doing is just funneling gil into clear 3s. Yes I know they can change the vendor price and it will piss me off pretty bad but that is the only option I have at this point.

Each stack of Clear demi 3 is 5m a full retainers worth will hold 874m worth. It also has the added benefit of being wealth that can easily move between servers, so it can be sold to players who want to move servers but don't want to risk hoarding items for weeks for profit. I would love to see more of the 25k allagan pieces more easily available so I could just upgrade to that.

Anyway this is the only option we have besides using mules or buying more retainers.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jxnibbles; 02-26-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Xenora Meep
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalice_Icefrost View Post
    Since we already have 999 items per stack, can we please have an increased gil cap? Like 9.999.999.999? I have no more space in my main character nor retainers to store it, so I have been using alt characters and it is incredibly annoying because can't sell anything with a capped retainer so it has no use.
    Thank you for making this thread! This has been on my mind for a while as well. I am quickly reaching the point where I'll no longer have places to put gil and will have to rely on other characters + accounts. The extra retainer slots added in 4.2 did help a bit but it would be nice to just be able to hold more gil without the need to increase my subscription cost!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lina Kirell
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    You have to understand that it's not only curiosity : it's a justification of work that will probably be requested. Put yourself in the devs shoes : increasing the cap requires to put a guy on it. When the team manager will ask why, PR will answer : "dunno, he just stores it without any use" ? Well if I'm the team manager I see it as a non backed request and advise you to spend the gils to make room so you can continue your gil-making activities.

What I agree with though, is that the reason behind only concerns the devs and you, not us on the thread.

On a more personal stand point, cause I'm still curious : if you capped, it means you're not using it. Why want more then ? And in the mean time the devs take to evaluate your request, you could always buy expensive stuff and start auctions or something if you're into roleplay :P
    (3)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Lol donate some and make a tax write off.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaAnimus View Post
    This is nothing but a backdoor brag post, please disregard
    Exactly what I thought. Also if anything they need to make more ways to spend gil not increase the cap.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Blain Adamant
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    For all that I care, they could lower the gil cap to 99'999'999 for players and 9'999'999 for retainers. That should give Gil some value again and housing would return to being a gil sink (instead of more or less pocket change).
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyb View Post
    For all that I care, they could lower the gil cap to 99'999'999 for players and 9'999'999 for retainers. That should give Gil some value again and housing would return to being a gil sink (instead of more or less pocket change).
    I agree there is way too much gil in the system
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Xenora Meep
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaAnimus View Post
    This is nothing but a backdoor brag post, please disregard
    Honestly, that is literally the reason I never made this thread myself. I knew it would simply be seen as a 'backdoor brag post' as even I agree it is a very first worldish issue (as another player had pointed out).

However, I do feel that it is at least something worth bringing to the devs attention as they may not even realize that there are players out there who cannot hold any more gil. Adding more gilsinks to the game would be another valid approach to solving this issue but I do remember in the early days of housing (when a mansion cost around 400mil) this was something widely protested by players so would be a balancing act.

In my case I do spend quite a bit of gil but also enjoy crafting and gathering and find it too easy to make it all back. Currently furnishing houses is the biggest gilsink the game has to offer but once done does not cost very much to maintain.
    (4)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast