Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...r-Primal-Chaos

About the most organized offering of feedback we can give here. Let's just hope SE acts upon it the right way.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ash Primordial
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    If we keep this preseason length, we have 4-6 months preseason in 1 year. It could be that one actual season will be shorter than the preseason.

On the other hand it takes a lot of time for them to implement "feedback ideas". Those ideas though usually get implemented within a season and not at the start, which makes you wonder about the purpose of the preseason. And then every few patches they suprise you with some changes nobody asked for, like the removal of the all previous feast maps.

Preseason is good to learn the changes, but it fails to get desired changes quickly enough for the next season. Therefor it could be shorter, if changes aren't made more quickly in the future.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Justitia View Post
    If we keep this preseason length, we have 4-6 months preseason in 1 year. It could be that one actual season will be shorter than the preseason.

On the other hand it takes a lot of time for them to implement "feedback ideas". Those ideas though usually get implemented within a season and not at the start, which makes you wonder about the purpose of the preseason. And then every few patches they suprise you with some changes nobody asked for, like the removal of the all previous feast maps.

Preseason is good to learn the changes, but it fails to get desired changes quickly enough for the next season. Therefor it could be shorter, if changes aren't made more quickly in the future.
    If it was this long, but changes were listened to and implemented in small batches as opposed to "hey here's everything we decided on and once, also, new season starts now!" then I probably wouldn't mind it being this long.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Good point. At the time the rep acknowledged the organized feedback thread, they at least could've applied a brightness hotfix to the new arena. Or even perhaps when they fixed the Ungarmax nonsense.

Like why does it feel like the PvP team is just phoning it in all the time? I understand emergency or routine maintenances have priority concerns, but if you're not busy and can maybe fit it in, wouldn't it be worth it to do so? Especially when lack of timely support and addressing of concerns is a regular complaint from the target players?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    Good point. At the time the rep acknowledged the organized feedback thread, they at least could've applied a brightness hotfix to the new arena. Or even perhaps when they fixed the Ungarmax nonsense.

Like why does it feel like the PvP team is just phoning it in all the time? I understand emergency or routine maintenances have priority concerns, but if you're not busy and can maybe fit it in, wouldn't it be worth it to do so? Especially when lack of timely support and addressing of concerns is a regular complaint from the target players?
    Man I don't even know if they read that thread, it seems they just copped out by posting on it just so we can't cry that we get ignored.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lorelei Larkin
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 1
    Personally, I enjoy a long preseason as it gives me time to participate in other aspects of the game (Farming my 99 Shinryu/Byakko totems, focusing on raid, etc...)

As the seasons themselves are rather short, and with the new ranking adjustments meaning the queue will stay alive for longer, I often find myself having to commit all of my free time to the Feast in order to obtain the top 100 rewards. While I enjoy the feast, my biggest concern right now is the season starting with Eureka in the next patch -- I obviously want to experience the new content as much as possible, especially as it'll include the new relics, but if the feast season starts at the same time it will unfortunately eat up my time. We'll see!
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2