Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sciwolf View Post
    80 percent of my server are cat girls or au ra in skimpy glamour. Thats what everyone is into i guess.
    Most female characters in this game are males which is why they are dressed so skimpy. To say that males get nothing is amusing.

Not sure about the emotes yet but the rewards do seem interesting enough. Not all events have to be clothes focused.
    (6)
    Last edited by LaylaTsarra; 02-24-2018 at 04:44 AM.

Character
    Natti Lockeheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I want to say first off, that the tone of the OP is not the greatest way to put his point across, but I do agree with him on this point : SE must be better at providing more 'male/masculine' oriented gear or awards. I know that SE can't make everyone happy, but quite frankly i'm tired of the bum skirt fending/healing gear. The cloak's are a good start, but more masculine healing gear would be a nice change. Also, I completely love how we honor our female players and there is nothing wrong with this. But, like Father's Day IRL, they should do something to honor the 'Gentlemen' of this game. It's honestly not a huge deal, but equality is important in today's culture and the males should get their cut .

Have a great day!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kylrin Arresard
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

Seriously, I don't have anything to add to this... As long as males aren't excluded from participating I don't see a problem with celebrating ladies, even though I do find the event theme to be a little shallow in some regards. Honestly, I say let the ladies have their day, they've earned that and so much more after putting up with us for all these years...
    (9)
    The sum of all hunt arguments over early pullers: http://goo.gl/IFT9IE

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Ironically, last years Little Ladies Day event proved to be one of the few seasonal events to offer male characters an outfit that fit them exceptionally well and could also be dyed.

I do agree that the focus on cute and feminine stuff is a bit jarring, though.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    I do agree that the focus on cute and feminine stuff is a bit jarring, though.
    Its a real japanese holiday about feminine stuff though......

https://www.thespruce.com/hina-matsuri-2031037

is the focus on christmas during the starlight celebration jarring too?
    (13)
    Last edited by Lambdafish; 02-24-2018 at 04:15 AM.

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    Its a real japanese holiday about feminine stuff though......

https://www.thespruce.com/hina-matsuri-2031037

is the focus on christmas during the starlight celebration jarring too?
    I'm aware that it's a real holiday. That doesn't mean that the focus on feminine stuff isn't jarring when a significant amount of glamour and customisation added over time ends up that way across the board.

I even said it was ironic that the feminine event is the only one to offer a proper outfit for male characters so far. I'm not entirely sure why you quoted me.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Soupa Eptco
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I’ll take pointless thread with wrong facts for 500$ Jim.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Gamina Karstark
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Usho View Post
    From my experience with SE and with this game in general, they fixate on women, a lot. Last year's LLD was devoid of men, and was just female pop stars. If the event was about "Dolls" then why call it "Little Ladies Day"? Also if you played in 1.0, do you remember 2012's Little Ladies Day event? Read the description: https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/L...s%27_Day_(2012) Quoted from post: "it's time to dedicate an entire holiday to little girls"
    I assume that when you looked back at the 2012 LLD you also took the time to look at the others and noticed the connection with the actual cultural celebration of Dolls Day. Like ... the story of the Princess Doll minion we receive, two pieces of doll display furniture, the event quest involving the doll display growing in Uldah, the story of the father and daughter (the father wishing the best for his daughter like the traditional celebration), the rice cakes that we receive like those eaten traditionally on the day. Not only that but all of the cherry blossom themed gear and stuff we receive is not some display of favouritism for one flower but as the festival following closely from Dolls Day in Japan being the Festival of Cherry Blossom or Hanami. It's just like in FFXI when we had a gold fishing event... because it's based on a huge event in Japan - how dare the Japanese company have something culturally relevant to them!!!

I am all for equality but it's not like this event can only be done and enjoyed by females. It is also one event where we have been given one of the most amazing male glamour sets. Your argument would be (as many others have already pointed out) like me bemoaning the fact SE has decorated the world with pine trees at Christmas and forgotten all other foliage...

Quote Originally Posted by Usho View Post
    Okay so what about Moonfaire? What's your excuse for that?
    Although I may be wrong I always assumed it was based on several Japanese Summer Festivals like the Lantern Festival ... with the huge bomb lanterns in Eorzea and the fireworks just like in real life.
    (8)
    Last edited by Gamina; 02-24-2018 at 04:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Skivvy View Post
    Are you even trying to have a conversation, or are you just being antagonistic for the hell of it?
    After seeing that specific comment, I’m inclined to think it’s probably the latter.

It’s a freaking video game event. Jesus Christ.

The event is based off of a Japanese holiday, as others have repeatedly pointed out to you. FFXIV is, innately, a Japanese game; Japanese culture is going to leak over into it because the developers themselves are Japanese.

While I can agree with removing gender locks (and most locks, really) from gear, just because there isn’t a specific Japanese holiday for men—or a specific event in-game relating exclusively to men—does not mean you’re being shafted or oppressed. All events give the same items to all characters—last year’s Little Lady’s Day event even had a specific, male-exclusive glamour set to go allow with the female counterpart. I mean, if they were “shafting you”, they would have just given you nothing. Personally, I like the male jacket and wish I could wear it on my female Miqo’te. But it’s a video game...which, mind you, the poster boy is a male Midlander, and has been since 1.0.

Comments like this one:

“Since I’m gonna bliss you anyway, I’ll say this: Have you ever played this game or any FF game from a MAN’S PoV? No? K.”

...are NOT going to help your case, OP.
    Aside from the fact that I doubt anyone is feeling particularly bothered about ending up on your blacklist, given your attitude.

The Moonfire Faire event was from the prospective of an older male Lalafell that likes young, pretty women. Hence why it would make sense for you to “fail the event” if you selected the beefy Roe or the highlander. Had it been reversed—a cougar woman that likes young, handsome men—you would have “failed” for looking at the pretty girls instead of at the beefy men.
    (13)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Skaenborn Kelthyrtsyn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedkel View Post
    Reverse sexism, hehehe.
    Wouldn’t reverse sexism be complementing people for being a man/woman?
    (4)
    Last edited by Fredco191; 02-24-2018 at 04:53 AM.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast