Player
    Character
    Mahrze Crossner
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Usho View Post
    Since I'm gonna blist you anyway, I'll say this: Have you ever played this game or any FF game from a MAN's PoV? No? K.
    Hmmm

I play a game as a male, with a "man's pov" and I call all this attention seeking except for one single thing you may have going for you. Most of the stuff (gear, hairstyles, emotes) looks/is designed with female avatars/toons in mind. Regardless if from an event or job gear designs.

Is it unfair? Maybe. Am I blind to fan-service? Nope. Would I wish they did males better justice? Yes. Am I reasonable enough to realize this is "Female Fantasy XIV: Dress to Impress" and the developers will likely not change this because reasons? Totes.
    (11)
    If you say so.

Player
    Character
    Nora Origo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Warning: Incoming Vent.

Yet they treat boys and men like s**t. .
    Im a boy and Little Ladies Day is my favorite event in the game. in fact, its the only one I look forward to. and if you paid attention to the event, its about the 3 traveling Little Ladies.

(okay for real, it probably has something to do with Japan's fascination with cute girls w/e I dont kinkshame.)
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Since I'm gonna blist you anyway, I'll say this: Have you ever played this game or any FF game from a MAN's PoV? No? K.
    Blacklisting me because my opinion is different than yours? Sure...

Also: Does playing FFXII with my boyfriend and agreeing on picking Fran as our "main-character" count?
    Funfact in regards to that game btw: Vaan was put in, as a male character, to appeal to the japanese female audience... so, if you want to talk about treating men equal in regards to only have them in to appeal to the audience of the respective opposite gender - congratulations, here you go!
    Are you honestly complaining about men not being sexualized enough? Because the way you're talking sounds a lot like that... let me assure you: I'm not fussed about any game/product using boobs on the cover to sell it because it feels disrespectful (and in regards to FF often unnecessary since the actual games often do have proper, powerful female characters). Is that what you want for men? To be sexualized as much as women are?
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Chizumi Mooncleave
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I'm a male that used to play as a male elezen in 1.0 and a male miqote in 2.0 but started playing as female characters a few years ago. Less for the fan service and more for the fact I like the female body. Blame me for being a heterosexual
    (8)

Player

This is coming from a female gamer and a mother of 3 boys -- if you really examine it, aren't these Little Lady Days and all of the 'cleavage' and skimpy outfits actually more for men than for women? And wouldn't the 'female gaze' (as far as heterosexual females) be served more by what you are wishing (better male gear, nicer hair, maybe even more revealing mens' outfits)? Looking at it from this perspective, I think that the more revealing outfits, the cute girls and emotes and all of that is actually more for the men than the women. Do I love cute things and nice outfits? Sure -- but don't forget, lots of the people who love these outfits and everything are men who play female characters, of which there is nothing wrong.

TLDR: LLD and lots of the revealing outfits aren't actually catering to females - in actuality, they're catering to males who like to look at/play cute girls (not to exclude we females who love cute stuff, either).
    (31)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Troll OP is troll.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Yet in this game's history, they have NOT ONCE done any event for Men or little boys.
    Are you serious?
    You may want to check Garo event and pretty much all of the PvP gears.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Hitman Hohenheim
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BluexBird View Post
    As a male feminist™, I think the Little Ladies' Day is very important for all the womyn in Eorzea! You have to understand, female characters are extremely opressed. They get harassed all the time. Also, try playing DPS as a female character. If you make a SINGLE MISTAKE, people will tell you to go back to being a healer, since that's all they think womyn are good at.

Also, don't forget about the gil gap. Did you know? Female characters only earn 0.77 of the gil from Duty and quest rewards (0.68 if they're a Lalafell)! How is that fair?

These things need to be brought to light, and Little Ladies' Day is a great way to raise awareness about these injustices. Please be more mindful.
    Me @the first few words: Oh Here we go...
    Me @end of Post: LolIseewhatudiddere. 10/10 love it
    (3)

Player
    Character
    K'talyn Tohka
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    .....Please, leave this battle of the sexes away from the game and simply enjoy the event. As others pointed out, it’s based on Hinamatsuri, a celebration centuries old.Not cool or appropriate to bring this up. There is a post about asking for more male attire in General discussion, look for it and post your concern there.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Holy Orders
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    OP used Bait! Community's defense harshly fell!
    OP used Troll! It's super effective!
    (18)

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast