Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Waemliht View Post
    I don't find Esuna a fun ability with the current way they handle debuffs. You just kinda use it when you need to and it's a gcd tax when people fail a mechanic (or worse o5s, a one and done esuna if you don't have a faerie).
    Even O5S doesn't justify to have Esuna for this little moment. They somehow tried to make us take it like "hey look, a mechanic in savage where you need Esuna". But you actually doesn't.
    oGCD aren't affected by the healing down debuff and the ghost died quickly. If you put some shield and regen before engaging the fight and having the debuff, it won't affect it.
    (0)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidblood View Post
    Lethargy - Inflicts target with Heavy and Slow (oGCD)
    So.... Break?

Personally, I'd like Shell in there as a single target 20% magic damage reduction, but with only a 30 second or so duration and a 3 minute cool down. You could stack it with Protect on your tank.
    It could replace Eye for an Eye.

Or... I have an alternative idea for Shell.
    I’ve always found Protect a little pointless. You’re forced to have it, and then forced to use it at the start of every dungeon/raid, and that’s it. They could remove the skill, nerf all enemies damage by the same amount and there would be literally no difference.
    Instead, they could introduce Shell as a copy of Protect, that only reduces magic damage, while Protect only reduces physical damage (like it should be) but the catch is they’re mutually exclusive, casting one dispels the other.
    This way the healer has to make a choice, which is the bigger risk, magic or physical damage?
    You could still just stick to one if you want, you’d still be reducing approximately 50% of the damage by 20%, but a good healer could swap them out between bosses/phases if they know it predominantly uses one or the other.
    (1)
    Last edited by Seraphor; 02-22-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Corpse Flower
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Lol, thats really funny. I'll stick with faerie swapping cuz it's free but I'll keep that in mind if I end up changing jobs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vyriah Altaisen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by KDSilver View Post
    Even O5S doesn't justify to have Esuna for this little moment. They somehow tried to make us take it like "hey look, a mechanic in savage where you need Esuna". But you actually doesn't.
    oGCD aren't affected by the healing down debuff and the ghost died quickly. If you put some shield and regen before engaging the fight and having the debuff, it won't affect it.
    That's actually good as it is.
    A mechanic where you need esuna is something like ExDeath doom or Shinryu paralysis : a lame mechanic that force you to take esuna.

And I really like what they're doing with esuna right now. You can take it, it have some uses (you can dispell the DoT on Byakko EX, or the alteration that spellblade did on O3S) but you can do without it. So it really is about playstyle, the same you can use surecast or just do the mechanic.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vyriah; 02-22-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Inhaled Corn
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    So.... Break?
    Break is a GCD cast. Lethargy, or at least BLM's old Lethargy, was an oGCD ability. Using an ability would be much more useful than a cast.

Honestly, I want Blizzard II Cross-role again (a decent point-blank circular AoE with Bind). They could make it a different spell but keep the same idea (gives healers some AoE at lower levels as well as the crowd control)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luka Larkspur
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 88
    Can Esuna just be baseline already?...
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arohk View Post
    A healers job is to dps and keep the party alive while doing so, you got the wrong idea about healers.

Player
    Character
    Zyneste Azurox
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    A GCD instant cast 400 potency heal. 2x cost of cure. (Aimed for WHM/SCH)

A GCD instant cast 85 potency spell that adds heavy. (Replaces Break, nd is aimed for AST weaving)

They are fine as is, but meh.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Perhaps Miasma II could be reworked so that it is a cross role action, obviously with a different name and slightly different colour animation. It would be a great tool for the other healers, especially AST that is lacking a little in early level AOE abilities.

The original name of Miasma II would replace Miasma III for SMN to get rid of the number inconsistency
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vyriah Altaisen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    There's no need to add miasma 2 to everyone, they could increase the potency of break to something like 130-150 and make it instant cast.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyriah View Post
    snip .
    It still doesn't fix the concerns for many players that AST lacks any real AOEs bar Gravity and heavenly star, hence my suggestion actually works quite well. Largesse was shifted from WHM to all healers so it's not impossible.

So Break gets a damage buff and instacast.... ok but this action costs no MP at the moment so unless the cost is quite high to compensate for the insta useage then this would be pretty broken. Not to mention it's for all casters not just the healers. Would also be an easy skill for bots to use for whatever it is they do.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kurando; 02-22-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast