Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

What Role Skills would you like to see for Healers?

The Role Skill choices we have currently are stuck between being mandatory and useless at the moment. Personally I would love to see skills like:

Forced Induction
    Ability - 3 min Recast
    20 Sec Duration

Create a temporary bond with target allowing them to be affected by your spells as if they were in your party.

(In Raids this would allow a Healer to assist an allied Tank in an emergency with their full arsenal of skills.)

Absolute Mastery
    Ability - 10 Min Recast
    Duration 20 Secs

Your next Ability Cast will have no Recast Time. Can only be used once while engaged in Combat.

Dragoon's Blessing
    Ability - 6 Min Recast
    Duration 30 Sec

Automatically revive target to a weakened state upon ko.

These are all just fun ideas. Anyone others would be cool to see.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I'd say let's fix the current cross role actions first before thinking about new one.

If they do, we'll have more place for things like rescue, surecast, cleric stance, eye for an eye.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I was gonna say Re-Raise, with an extremely long cooldown, but Dragoon's Blessing is a vastly superior name for.

That said, there should never, under any circumstances, have an instance that forces the use of Rescue.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Im sure the SE Developer's have noted the many threads on every forum about fixing the existing Role Skills and thr system in general. I'm still hopeful that the Healers will all get their individual animations and sound effects back for Esuna.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Miep Mausi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Gotta think back to White Knight Chronicles days while reading this *-*

Not really a wish, since it would be rather OP than balanced (I guess), I was a mage-heal-tank-dps back in the days, and besides evade-tanking we had skills (as if I could recall the names of those skills x.x), similiar to stoneskin, but one time use only, one was a barrier to completely absorb the next physical attack, the other one was basically the same, but for magical attacks.

tl;dr - two modified stoneskin-skills as a "only next incoming attack for each physical and magical attack with 100% absorbtion"

Doubt this would work in FF14 though ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I'd rather healers had a bigger toolkit for enhancements and enfeebles. I would also prefer that bosses spat out more status ailments on the players. As much as I love dpsing on healer I'd also like us to be more support/healer. I personally would find it more fun buffing/de-buffing the players, enfeebling the mobs and doing some dps.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Corpse Flower
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I don't find Esuna a fun ability with the current way they handle debuffs. You just kinda use it when you need to and it's a gcd tax when people fail a mechanic (or worse o5s, a one and done esuna if you don't have a faerie).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I am patiently waiting for the "Shell" Ability/Spell to come back to the game. It was weird to me that they made such a huge fuss about Protect being included but dismissed Shell as irrelevant. I wish it was a placeable effect that the party could stand in for increased defense.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Luno Belfi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Masekase_Hurricane View Post
    I'd rather healers had a bigger toolkit for enhancements and enfeebles. I would also prefer that bosses spat out more status ailments on the players. As much as I love dpsing on healer I'd also like us to be more support/healer. I personally would find it more fun buffing/de-buffing the players, enfeebling the mobs and doing some dps.
    Agreed. Even if the buffs are short like the norm on FFXIV, where - besides Protect - there are no buff wich time is greater than 60 seconds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MiepMausi View Post
    ... tl;dr - two modified stoneskin-skills as a "only next incoming attack for each physical and magical attack with 100% absorbtion"

Doubt this would work in FF14 though ^^
    BLM used to have that.. but it was too easy to abuse mechanics with (so yeah, doesn't really work).

As for cross-roles:
    Lethargy - Inflicts target with Heavy and Slow (oGCD)
    Charge - 50% chance of 10% MP recovery (Instant cast, 15/30s cooldown depending on if it worked)
    Barrier - Creates a shield around you that absorbs a single hit of up to 50% max HP (oGCD)
    Decoy - Increases targets enmity, for all enemies in combat, to your current enmity +1 and prevent enmity generation for 5s
    Repose - Single target sleep (if crowd control is going to be a thing all healers should have it)
    (3)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast