Player
    Character
    Samira Starlightzz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

Lord of Verminion [PS4] how do you use traps and move ground target?

The in-game control help for LoV tells you how to use minion action, but not not how to use traps. Also, holding R1 and moving left stick does not move the ground target. It only moves the selection cursor that looks like a crystal while ground target just sits where it appeared. I can't clear Stage 9 slime boss without knowing these controls. Google was no help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I play on PS4 for all other content in this game except LoV. I have only played LoV on PC because the PS4 interface is garbage. I would just plug in a mouse and keyboard for this mini-game.

According to Lord of Verminion
    Executing an Action press LB(L1)+X(□) Button
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Myon Miya
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Traps are not placed manually via the ground target reticule (I don't think anything in LoV even uses that). When you use the 'special action button' with the trap minions selected, it gets dropped underneath their feet where they were standing. You then need to press the detonate trap button to detonate it.

But yeah I won't recommend playing LoV on a controller, it's fundamentally an RTS game and you really want a mouse and keyboard to get the most out of it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Samira Starlightzz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonMS View Post
    I play on PS4 for all other content in this game except LoV. I have only played LoV on PC because the PS4 interface is garbage. I would just plug in a mouse and keyboard for this mini-game.

According to Lord of Verminion
    Executing an Action press LB(L1)+X(□) Button
    I know how to activate special actions, which is when red circle is lit up. That's why I mentioned it tells you that, but it doesn't tell you how to activate traps, which is when the blue circle is lit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Myon88 View Post
    Traps are not placed manually via the ground target reticule (I don't think anything in LoV even uses that). When you use the 'special action button' with the trap minions selected, it gets dropped underneath their feet where they were standing. You then need to press the detonate trap button to detonate it.

But yeah I won't recommend playing LoV on a controller, it's fundamentally an RTS game and you really want a mouse and keyboard to get the most out of it.
    Ok, so special action drops it, but how do you activate trap button on PS4? I don't have access to a mouse and keyboard, and I would find it unbelievable for them to not have a way to activate traps with a controller since they have controller controls for all other aspects of the game. Is it possible for trap and special action to be lit up at same time? If not then maybe the buttons to activate special action will activate a trap instead if the trap circle is lit up while action circle is not, but if it's possible for both to be lit up, then same button input can't activate both since you would need to be able to choose which to activate between special action or trap.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myon Miya
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Yes, the special action button and activate trap button are two separate buttons, so I doubt they'll be activated by the same input even on a controller. I don't really know either, to be frank, I've never played XIV on a controller at all so I've got no experience in that area. I agree though that it seems pretty unlikely controller users don't have a way to activate traps at all.

You might find the answer in the playguide for LoV: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...ldsaucer/lovm/ or the rules that can be viewed in game from clicking on the LoV machine in the saucer and navigating to the Play Guide > Rules dialogue option.

I don't see any mention of a hotkey for activating the trap in the controller section of the guide, which is a little weird. The instructions on the PC side are "Triggering a Trap = Slot 2 of Hotbar 3", but it's referring to keybinds and I'm not sure how applicable that is to controllers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    LoV is the one thing in the game that seems to just flat out have been forgotten for cross-hotbar players. The ONLY one, and despite being an RTS, they had no excuse to completely miss that! Especially when literally EVERYTHING ELSE works perfectly on both controller and mouse+keyboard set-ups!
    (0)