Player
    Character
    Ciel Valke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80

[Suggestion] Let us toggle off relocation option

This suggestion comes not only from my own experience, but that of many people I've seen it happen to;

It's currently too easy to accidentally relocate a personal or FC house while clicking the placards to obtain the other.

On the day demolition started again, a FC member tried obtaining a small personal house for themself. Through their clicking, they accidentally relocated our medium FC house instead. Within seconds, the plot had been taken from us. Yes, they had a rank that had permission to do so. No, I wasn't aware they did. I'd never even imagined that was a thing that could happen until it did.

When checking if it was togglable, I realized you can't remove that permission from a FC leader.

Then I saw it happen to someone working on getting a house for their FC. Hours into their attempts, they accidentally relocated their personal home instead.

The current process of getting a plot of land for new owners is already tedious enough. Ut would definitely lighten the load if there was a way to keep from making that very easy mistake.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nana Wiloh
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Not against the idea, but as a FC leader I am the only one who can relocate our FC house. No other FC member including my own co-lead has the permission and its for this exact reason. My co-lead has been only given the permission once and thats when we upgraded from a small to a medium. Purchase/removal permission, airship/sub demolition...these should be FC leader only!! Unless there is a very very good reason for another member having it. Finally Rank settings is hands down the most damaging permission of all NO ONE but the FC leader should have it!!!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ciel Valke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWiloh View Post
    Not against the idea, but as a FC leader I am the only one who can relocate our FC house. No other FC member including my own co-lead has the permission and its for this exact reason. My co-lead has been only given the permission once and thats when we upgraded from a small to a medium. Purchase/removal permission, airship/sub demolition...these should be FC leader only!! Unless there is a very very good reason for another member having it. Finally Rank settings is hands down the most damaging permission of all NO ONE but the FC leader should have it!!!
    I agree, and if I'd known the permission was there, it wouldn't have stayed there.

The issue remains that a FC leader is vulnerable to this if they decide to get a personal house, and so is a personal house owner wanting to get a house for their FC, so making it togglable or at the very least somewhat less accessible would save a lot of people a lot of grief.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Relocation option, destroys botting as well, so it is a good thing and that is due to.. you are not losing a plot when you relocate, another plot just become available elsewhere.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelas View Post
    This suggestion comes not only from my own experience, but that of many people I've seen it happen to;

It's currently too easy to accidentally relocate a personal or FC house while clicking the placards to obtain the other.

On the day demolition started again, a FC member tried obtaining a small personal house for themself. Through their clicking, they accidentally relocated our medium FC house instead. Within seconds, the plot had been taken from us. Yes, they had a rank that had permission to do so. No, I wasn't aware they did. I'd never even imagined that was a thing that could happen until it did.

When checking if it was togglable, I realized you can't remove that permission from a FC leader.

Then I saw it happen to someone working on getting a house for their FC. Hours into their attempts, they accidentally relocated their personal home instead.

The current process of getting a plot of land for new owners is already tedious enough. Ut would definitely lighten the load if there was a way to keep from making that very easy mistake.
    Very easy way to prevent accidental relocation of a medium or large house (private or FC) regardless of who has what permissions:

The outdoor furnishing limit for relocation is 40. Fill up the outdoor Storeroom with cheap furnishings (Firewood only costs about 200 gil to craft) then have 11 outdoor furnishing placed if it's a medium or one placed if it's a large. You're now at 41 items. The game won't allow you to relocate until you've reduced the number to 40 or less.

You could also do the same with indoor furnishings but the relocation limit is a lot higher - 400.

It won't work with a small house since the placed + stored limit adds up to 40 exterior/ 400 interior but then I imagine an accidental relocation of a small house would be more annoyance than heartbreaking event.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nana Wiloh
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Themarvin View Post
    Relocation option, destroys botting as well, so it is a good thing and that is due to.. you are not losing a plot when you relocate, another plot just become available elsewhere.
    O.o what??? Nobody is discussing its effects on botting here..
    (0)
    Note: Taking advice from a players alt, is like taking advice from a voice in a dark room. Criticism is a two way street remember that!!

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWiloh View Post
    O.o what??? Nobody is discussing its effects on botting here..
    But it is relevant for one of the reasons not to turn it off, you wont lose the plot to a relocating person, you will just have to camp elsewhere, where one get available.
    (0)