Player
    Character
    Flashgordon Bahamut
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Madbunny View Post
    Yap, and now we have a fresh example of people greed - check this post (opening post), then next one and the last one. This is what is wrong with the game not SE and game mechanics (at least not the new one).
    What greed? Especially since there are tons of open plots. This goes to show that the squeaky wheels (all the whiners) got all the new houses they wanted and still there are a ton open except on the most populated server(s). There are in fact some left on those. The problem is not as bad as what they made it out to be, there are literally hundreds of houses on my server. Now the crying is about how they did not get the exact plot they wanted. Jesus, enough with the first world problems.

Want SE to fix something? Tell then to fix the ridiculous character limit for forum posts.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Wild Mumu
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashgordon1975 View Post
    Want SE to fix something? Tell then to fix the ridiculous character limit for forum posts.
    Make a topic and i will immediately be there to up-vote.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'rina Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashgordon1975 View Post
    Now the crying is about how they did not get the exact plot they wanted. Jesus, enough with the first world problems.
    For reasons that have everything to do with a long day at work and sleep deprivation (not related to getting up for housing) this made me laugh way harder than it probably should've lol!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Searban View Post
    The "legit" reason is that Yoshi.P and his team seem to believe that wards are a superior system compared to instanced housing (which traditionally makes it much easier to balance supply and demand) but are unable to deal with issues such as supply and demand disparities or server capacity limitations.

So while there was no "arbitrary" decision to limit the supply itself, that supply is limited a result of an "arbitrary" design decision to pursue a particular housing system model. And while I can certainly see where the devs are coming from and even agree that in many aspects wards are superior to instanced housing, I don't think it justifies maintaining a system that just doesn't work well enough for years while also refusing to consider alternative solutions.
    I'm pretty sure I read that making housing hard to get was by design. Because they wanted players to feel rewarded when they got one. There's also nothing wrong with this design and it's bound to generate some disappointment (like everything difficult to obtain).
    The real problem is that SE did not properly evaluate the difficulty level, and walled it behind the randomness of logging in right after a patch.
    But yeah if you're complaining about it being hard you're essentially comforting their design (not you personally). If you notice this housing expansion wasn't about personal houses but FC housing.
    (0)
    Last edited by EaMett; 02-21-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Akuma Homura
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by EaMett View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read that making housing hard to get was by design. Because they wanted players to feel rewarded when they got one. There's also nothing wrong with this design and it's bound to generate some disappointment (like everything difficult to obtain).
    The real problem is that SE did not properly evaluate the difficulty level, and walled it behind the randomness of logging in right after a patch.
    But yeah if you're complaining about it being hard you're essentially comforting their design. If you notice this housing expansion wasn't about personal houses but FC housing.
    "We want to give players a sense of pride and accomplishment"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nana Wiloh
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    It is possible to make a ward system with much higher number of wards. See for example LOTRO which has a similar housing system with various neighbourhoods ( = wards) each with a number of houses in them. Difference is that they have a much larger number of wards. Not infinite, but near enough in practice. Main difference is likely that there each ward is treated as an instance, which might lower server load.
    The issue with this games ward system is that; Housing interiors are handled by the housing server while the actual wards or outside area is handled by another server. The wards unlike the housing interiors are constantly running, SE has basically back themselves into a corner and do not wish to come out of it. Each world has 108 housing divisions all running non stop!! From a space stand point you could cram almost of the ARR zones into that space
    (2)
    Last edited by NanaWiloh; 02-21-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    There's nothing 'entitled' about desiring the ability to participate in a major part of the game. Especially so in the case of role-players who typically make daily use of their houses and do not simply treat it as a novelty.
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4