Player
    Character
    Aurora Vlondett
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualblade View Post
    To be fair here, it was ATTEMPTED murder that most of atleast Ul'Dah's public knew of. That it turned out to actually be that (even though it still wasn't us) doesn't change that the conspiracy was to blame us for her actualy murder and that part was a failure from the start.

The Garleans, however, COULD make the faith of Orthard's people turn against us since we aren't quite as well-known as a heroic figure there. Of where we can currently visit that would mostly only concern our rep in Kugane though.
    Yeah, but at the point in Othard, why would they believe the Garleans? Unless they can successfully convince Hien (unlikely) or have him assassinated and the blame placed at our feet (likely, I suppose) there's no real way for them to win that stance.

Also, pretty sure most of Othard would be aware of the Adventurer who stormed the castle with Hien...

Actually, there is potentially another way, but it'd be interesting if SE went there. There is a non-zero chance that the Garleans have access to some sort of cloning procedure or some means to copy the appearance of another person. I could see them doing that to the PC and having the copy kill Hien. That would basically push us out of the public trust in Othard, if nothing else. It'd be a lot harder to force opinion in Eorzea, due to our connections with the leaders, but losing Othard could happen.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blackmage Vivi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilenya View Post
    but losing Othard could happen.
    i am on the opposite side of this, as there is no way (in my opinion) othard would side against us.

1 we aren't just friends with hien but two of the top ranking officers meaning all 3 would need to be disposed of and also it would have to be done with us not around as we are op and would stop it /be there to prove other wise

2 just like you said we saved doma completely

3 you have the steppe area which we are part of the current leading clan which is required to stand by our side no matter the view

4 ruby sea is a neutral spot that loathes the empire and would never help them especially with a war criminal who they are after/ the others are living underwater and know/don't really fight anyways.

also a 5th for kugane as it is also a neutral zone where even the garleans have to follow the rules i don't see them turning sides either ( think we even had a issue during 4.0 storyline that brought up how even though they were right there we couldn't do anything due to the neutral zone rules)
    (4)
    Last edited by Musashidon; 02-20-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aurora Vlondett
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashidon View Post
    Size edit
    I didn't say it was likely, but of all the areas we have dealt with, it would be the most likely for us to lose. Limsa, Gridania, and Ul'dah are basically never going to side against us, Ishgard loves us for stopping an entire war, and Ala Mhigo has both leaders who we've personally worked with since at minimum level 15-ish (Earlier for Gridania/Ul'dah start) and a population who very much knows who we are. I'm not saying it'd be likely to lose Othard, but of the 6 areas...It would be the weakest link if the Garleans needed to start somewhere.

I would hope, however, that we'd deal with a new area for the idea of being a pariah. We win trust so easily because...Reasons, that actually losing control over an area would be interesting.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Juyon Intoner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I didn't say it was likely, but of all the areas we have dealt with, it would be the most likely for us to lose. Limsa, Gridania, and Ul'dah are basically never going to side against us, Ishgard loves us for stopping an entire war, and Ala Mhigo has both leaders who we've personally worked with since at minimum level 15-ish (Earlier for Gridania/Ul'dah start) and a population who very much knows who we are. I'm not saying it'd be likely to lose Othard, but of the 6 areas...It would be the weakest link if the Garleans needed to start somewhere.

I would hope, however, that we'd deal with a new area for the idea of being a pariah. We win trust so easily because...Reasons, that actually losing control over an area would be interesting.
    Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike, Garlemald? >> << >>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blackmage Vivi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I didn't say it was likely
    see if we were to be *evil* i would want it to be in the garlean land (no idea what the place is called been awhile) as they can easily be fed lies/twisted truths and believe whatever they are told and not what is really going on. where we find a town and the try to kill us and we as *good guys* have to withdrawn without fighting as killing civilians is not what we do. making fighting on garlean home tuff much harder than in taken over areas that are (even if its a tough sell) willing to fight their oppressors.

where alphinaud/thancred and such question fighting in the garlean area due to something happening and killing a innocent and seeing the damage of war in a enemy homeland where we are in this instant are what the garleans have been for everywhere else for years now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Musashidon; 02-20-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aurora Vlondett
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualblade View Post
    Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike, Garlemald? >> << >>
    Honestly, the idea of actually going to Garlemald slipped my mind completely, and I could see it working very well there, especially in light of 4.2.

I still believe the offer of working against the primal threat is legitimate, even if he does hate us. Going to Garlemald could even be done by invitation, only to have something happen (Read, assassination) being blamed on us and run out of the Empire. Not only would that turn Garlemald even more against us, it could (and probably would) be used as an excuse for the empire to renew their invasion on Eorzea that basically stopped back in 2.0.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Altena Trife
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    They actually indirectly touched on this in the whole Nanamo thing with the transition from ARR to HW.. Not as direct as you're talking about... I do agree it would make for an interesting plot point - people getting to the point of fearing us.

I will admit I am getting a little tired of everyone basically kissing our feet whenever we move a pebble for them. I wouldn't mind the odd mistake, such as killing the wrong person and finding out they were innocent or something :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blackmage Vivi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Altena View Post
    I will admit I am getting a little tired of everyone basically kissing our feet whenever we move a pebble for them.
    are we talking side quests here or main quests? i mean i guess it could be exaggeration but even with all we do people who don't know us normally still question us a bit and keeps up arms length til proven worthy unless said person is friends with a comrade and have a bond between the person suggesting us help them.

not only that when it comes to primals its takes armies to kill one and there is massive casualties but when we as WoL fight them there are no casualties (as far as the game says) and there is much less prep time (well at least not counting first round of titan)

ishgard would have never been successful if a noble house didn't let us in which we built trust from earlier quests in the game.

course a nice twist/something different is never bad but i do believe the story fits pretty well without bringing in too many *welp just for plots this person will do something noone would ever do*.
    (2)
    Last edited by Musashidon; 02-20-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nonononono Nonononono
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    When peace comes they will turn on us, we're a major asset but whose asset are we.. will we serve the Grand Companies giving them more say with hero of the realm or will we serve Ishgard or Doma or a future land we haven't saved yet, the WoL becomes a political power piece that would grant many favours & ruling "we have WoL so do as we demand" type stuff.

Though we'll never see this since when realm has peace this games story arc will be over & probably start a new story for it in new realm.
    (1)
    A system error occurred during event movement.

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    This was actually touched upon nicely in the DRK questline 30-50. They basically won't turn against us unless we went Zenos levels of batshit crazy and started murdering innocents, and even then they won't turn on us and will instantly assume something else is amiss because of everything we've been through together. The story premise is that the WoL has no true other agenda, and from the cold perspective of the story us being adventurers and therefore merceneries also won't help because it's not like we'll (canonically) turn against Eorzea if the Emperor came to us and offered us a job. From start to finish everyone believes in us and supports us and seem more than happy to leave us to our crafting and sidequests whenever they don't need us to win wars.

And in that sense all those fetch-quests actually come in handy, because it helps build a canonical rapport between our chara and even the lesser citizens, showing that while the game strong-armed us, our chara is still humble and kind enough to help the common man for very measly gain just because that's our true nature - we're just good people, and literally everyone knows it. Hell, Teledji based most of his plot on us being bffs with Nanamo and us helping the refugees.
    (16)
    Last edited by BillyKaplan; 02-20-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast