Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kessa Deeya
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    In game I like neighbors. In real I dislike mine.. they're the kind to shovel an inch of snow at 6.30am on a Sunday. Hope your in game neighbors are real!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussin View Post
    it's not about tastes or whatever, there is still lots of lower tier furniture I use in my masterpiece creations because they work for the style of what I'm aiming for

the only thing semi expensive is the combed wool rug which you can dye for color. its minor when other rugs can fill that void until you are rich enough if you NEED that to finish
    I made 2 of those wool rugs and for the exception of being dyeable, they are pretty small for the mat difficulty and rather blah. They need to make them bigger and fringed or something. Have to put 2 together to get a nice look. Definitely not worth purchasing a pre-crafted from the MB.
    (1)
    Last edited by Besame; 02-20-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Vacant, undecorated houses are old news. About a year ago before I bought my medium, I had a small in the beds and 3 houses across from me sat empty for the 6 months I was there. Never saw anyone, no named placards, no people, no deco, nada. When I went back to check after the free server transfers, they had all been sold to different named people. Guess the flipper had just been biding time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Besame; 02-20-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussin View Post
    it's not about tastes or whatever, there is still lots of lower tier furniture I use in my masterpiece creations because they work for the style of what I'm aiming for
    Just because its cheap doesnt mean they have to put anything into their yard...

And from my experience not every person is intrested in decorating - who knows, those could also be small FCs, founded by some friends and one of them claimed they'd decorate but didnt got to it yet. Maybe they have ideas but not the time or ressources right now to get to them.
    I remember back when my first FC bought their first house - a medium one in Mist. We were basically 4 people in the FC, one of them not being intrested in decorating at all (except putting done one tree and a tree stump in the yard 10 minutes after we bought the thing) and the other two saying they'd get to it during one of the next weekends. For three months our only decoration was basically that tree (now with the addition of an aetheryte and a mailbox) outside and one desk with a chair on the inside. Then I had enough and started decorating on my own.

So... a baren yard or home can just mean that the person in the Fc whos taking care of all the decoration isnt available right now and that no one wants to hush things - I know I wouldnt want that. Or they do have an idea what they want to do but still need expensive furniture. Or they just dont have an idea yet and are hoping for inspiration.
    They dont have to put just anything in the yard to please you though.

Could be fake-FCs and house-flippers. Could be people only intrested in the workshop. Could be people who havent found the time to decorate yet - or who havent agreed on a decoration.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    On flippers: why would they go to the trouble of building the house? Doesn't the permit cost extra gil? If they were FC flipping, maybe, but relinquish/relocate flipping would make it kinda pointless, with it being demolished anyway. FC flipping doesn't exactly need the house built, though, and, again, more wasted time/resources for the flipper.

For those reasons, I'd lean towards assuming it's just workshop priority, especially with subs presumably bringing back new mats.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sasha Rochester
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Okay, well, this is literally the first day they have a house, maybe they blew through all their funds. I have neighbors that have slowly started to decorate, but they definetly had nothing on the first day. Better than seeing a f*****g moogle/chocobo abomination.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sashazor; 02-20-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Player
    Character
    Seyjan Astalder
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    On flippers: why would they go to the trouble of building the house? Doesn't the permit cost extra gil? If they were FC flipping, maybe, but relinquish/relocate flipping would make it kinda pointless, with it being demolished anyway. FC flipping doesn't exactly need the house built, though, and, again, more wasted time/resources for the flipper.

For those reasons, I'd lean towards assuming it's just workshop priority, especially with subs presumably bringing back new mats.
    My understanding is that if the house isn't built, then it's in danger of auto-demolition since no is able to actually enter the house.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Miste View Post
    It does seem fishy, but you do have to give people a bit of time to decorate since it does cost a considerable amount of gil and/or time to furnish a newly bought house (possible they barely had enough gil to buy the plot and are broke now)...if a month later there is still nothing at all then yeah sadly I don't understand why people buy plots to leave them empty.
    It can take a while. When I first bought my house the only thing I had outside was an Aetheryte. With my limited funds I decided to put emphasis on decorating the inside where I spend most of my time. It was probably a month before I started decorating the outside and close to two years to really have enough seasonal to decorate for holidays.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Luka Larkspur
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 88
    It seems like people attracted to buy in Shirogane tend to be the "empty house" type. When I lived in Shiro, almost all of my neighbors had little or no decorations outside and empty houses. I never saw them either. It was like a ghost town.

Now that I live in LB, my ward is lively and everybody (with the exception of 1-2 houses) decorates. We even have a house party scheduled on March 3rd for everyone in the ward to hang out and visit each others houses to show off their decor!
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arohk View Post
    A healers job is to dps and keep the party alive while doing so, you got the wrong idea about healers.

Player
    Character
    Noel Maimhov
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    or they might've just had time to log on and buy a plot before going back to work, sleep, whatever
    also back when I bought my first small plot I was too broke to buy the permit for the actual house for a few days
    (2)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast