Player
    Character
    Echoing Glacier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

Small lore annoyance in Ul'dah

But is anyone else stunned that the Milvaneth Sacrarium is still under reconstruction lore-wise for about 10 years now? I know they won't add it ingame because they would mean changing one of the starting cities which they probably don't have the time to do given everything else they work on.

But it bugs me they can't even change the NPC outside to say that the repairs are done or whatever, even if we can't enter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    In the imaginary world in my head where the final (Phase One) expansion brings us full circle back to Hydaelyn, Ascians, Sharlayan, the Brittlebark half of Mor Dhona, lost 1.0 story trajectory, and the starting city-states, the Sacrarium is a place you can enter just by talking to the NPC out front and being ported in.

Seems like a good time for the high and mighty (the Sect of Nald, their wealthy patrons, Dewlala, etc.) to bolster Arrzaneth's resources.

Buuut in reality it's just trapped in the time bubble with the flaming wreckage in Gyr Abania, I guess.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Saika Kinoshita
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 53
    They opened up Erralig's Burial Chamber at some point recently, so the Sacrarium might get opened up as well. Likely as a solo instance or something though, since it doesn't have an area on the map.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Autumn Vale
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I actually was under the impression it was already completed but they're lying cuz Lalai keeps her Black Magic stuff in there, and it wouldn't do for people to find tomes penned by an escaped prisoner who claimed to be a black mage among her belongings.
    I mean the Lalafell who tells us it's still under construction is literally right next to her at all times and doesn't even leave while we discuss black magic in front of them so-

That's just my take though.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Midi Ajihri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    U'Dah being Ul'Dah, I'm sure it's all just a big con to scam pious lalafell out of their gil.

It's always "under construction" because otherwise they wouldn't have anyone to keep donating money to "fix" it. I'm sure they keep running into "unforeseen circumstances" and such.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Romilda Rayne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 75
    Also worth noting that it hasn't been ten years, it's still been five years. Alphinaud isn't 21 now, he's still 16. The game exists in a vague time bubble where perhaps a single year has passed at most.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    First to echo what others have said already - its 5 years, not 10.

And then I had to think about how the cathedral in the city I'm living in took over 300 years (about 1200-1500) to be build in the first place and is being renovated for over 100 years (since 1890) now. Sure, you can enter and everything, but its still under construction. So with that knowledge 5 or even 10 years feel like nothing when it comes to the construction of monuments like that...

(I'm still hoping we'd get it as a second place to hold weddings at somepoint... I'd divorce my boyfriend in a heartbeat, just to re-marry him right away in Ul'dah!)
    (2)
    Last edited by Vidu; 02-22-2018 at 09:53 AM.