Player
    Character
    Astra Meowster
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70

How do I have a thread that I created on this forum deleted?

I want to delete a thread that I created on this forum. I followed the instructions at How do I create, reply to, edit or delete a thread?, specifically the following:

If you click "Go Advanced" located on the bottom right in the "Quick Reply" box, a page where you can enter a title and additional options will be displayed. You can reply to a thread through the page.

- Deleting or editing a post
    Once you have logged into the forum, locate the post you wish to edit and then select “Edit Post” on the bottom right of the post. Once you have selected “Edit Post,” the editing page will appear. From here, you can edit your post and then select “Save” to update your post. Please note that the title of the post cannot be edited.

If you wish to delete a post, select “Edit Post” and then select “Delete” once the editing page appears. If you would like to include a reason for why you have deleted the post, check “Delete Message,” enter your message of choice and then select “Delete Post.” If you do not want to include a reason, simply check “Delete Message” and then select “Delete Post.”

Please be aware that if you delete the first post of the thread, you will delete the whole thread as well. Make sure to take caution when deleting a post.
    When I click "Go Advanced" on the first post of my thread that I created, there is no "Delete Post" option. I've reported the first post of my thread asking for it to be deleted several times late last year, but it hasn't been deleted by the moderators.

How can I have the thread that I created deleted?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Edit it to violate the terms of service; use profanity, call people out by name, promote RMT or game hacks, etc. Then report it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astra Meowster
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by StouterTaru View Post
    Edit it to violate the terms of service; use profanity, call people out by name, promote RMT or game hacks, etc. Then report it.
    I don't want to violate Terms of Service.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rune Fox
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by AstraMercer View Post
    Then don't? O.o
    (0)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AstraMercer View Post
    Only you can do that so just make sure you know what your doing.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

This is not a technical issue, however, we may still be able to assist.

You cannot delete the thread, but I would suggest reporting it and explain that you would like the post deleted or removed.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Astra Meowster
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post
    Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

This is not a technical issue, however, we may still be able to assist.

You cannot delete the thread, but I would suggest reporting it and explain that you would like the post deleted or removed.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    I've just now once again reported the thread that I would like to be deleted. About how long does that take? I've reported the thread multiple times last year, and it still hasn't been removed yet. Please let me know if there's anything else you need from me in order for this to happen.
    (0)

The thread will be removed if it is considered inappropriate or unapproved, however, reporting the thread does not guarantee it will be removed.

This thread will be moved to the 'Closed Concerns' subforum as this issue is beyond the scope of the Technical Support forum.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)