Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Neihel Frixell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Please remove General-purpose dyes from the Fashion report score calculation

all it does right now is increase the value of certain dyes 10 times it's current value

Metallic blue dye was 19k on ragnarok but now it's 237k thanks to the fashion report

Fashion report is going to make dye prices go upto a million gil
    (15)
    Last edited by Neihel; 02-18-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Morgana Fujiwara
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Please remove all the items I can't afford. I feel offended seeing the prices so high
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    It's almost like the fashion report is meant to stimulate the sales on the less popular dyes (with the exception of pure white/jet black).

/sarcasm
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Well SE would rather you buy them from the mog station anyway.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Rocket Teira
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Honestly, I usually have zero issues with what SE chooses to do with cash shop items but yea having the fashion report as a literal Pay-To-Win system is pretty terrible.

I hope it wasn't intentional :/
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    You can buy them off the mogstation for a dollar.
    (0)

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    because diamonds are forever, as is dust.
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraluna View Post
    You can buy them off the mogstation for a dollar.
    The objection is that people shouldn't have to obtain a real money item to win an in-game event that offers a unique title as a reward. The chance for the special dyes to drop in retainer Quick Explorations is far too low (I've had it happen 3 times since I started playing) compared to the demand an event like this creates.

SE might as well just sell the Fashion Leader title on the Mog Station for $5 if they're going to require people to use those dyes in order to get the title.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    The objection is that people shouldn't have to obtain a real money item to win an in-game event that offers a unique title as a reward. The chance for the special dyes to drop in retainer Quick Explorations is far too low (I've had it happen 3 times since I started playing) compared to the demand an event like this creates.

SE might as well just sell the Fashion Leader title on the Mog Station for $5 if they're going to require people to use those dyes in order to get the title.
    ok but you can get the dyes in game tho. even if you don't get the drops often (i get them all the time) buy the other dyes when they are cheap in anticipation.
    (1)
    Last edited by Elamys; 02-19-2018 at 08:50 AM.

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Alex Greaver
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    I would argue that the fashion report does not help anybody outside of the 10k MPG you get for just participating.

You want 80+? Hope you have millions of gil just ready to throw away on now artificially inflated (thanks fashion report) pieces of useless, level 1 glamour gear as well as time to run dungeons and/or primals where you might be exposed to the frivolous RNG.

Got the gear but still not quite there? Then get ready spend even more gil on ludicrous and artificially inflated (again, thanks fashion report) 1 time use rare dyes. Don't have gil? Do you have real life money? Its an alternative but its ludicrous. You can get them from your retainers but you would then have to pray your retainers bring you what you need through the layers of RNG. I highly doubt it.

See where this is going? You either had the items needed for the fashion report before it begins or you are stuck spending amazing amounts of money (real life money included!) and time to get a good score.

In other words: Content not suited for a great deal of people who play this game. Rewards (from what I can see) not worthy of the resources and time needed for a good score.
    (3)
    Last edited by Erudito; 02-20-2018 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Adding stuff

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudito View Post
    I would argue that the fashion report does not help anybody outside of the 10k MPG you get for just participating.

In other words: Content not suited for a great deal of people who play this game. Rewards (from what I can see) not worthy of the resources and time needed for a good score.
    How does it "help" anyone? Everything related to this is highly optional content - some glamour pieces, some housing items, extra MGP. Nothing "helps" anyone.

If you dont enjoy this content, you're free to completly ignore it.

I agree though that its not suited for a great deal of people playing this game - mainly, because they're lazy and/or stupid and dont realise that a lot of the gear that they needed can be aquired much, much cheaper than on the marketboard. There are ways to get a lot of items that are used for glamour pieces quite cheaply now - not all of them, granted, but this weeks Cashmere Boots for example: All you need is a gatherer at 70, 500 yellow scrips (for the Wool Top) and a flower pot to grow some Althyk-Lavender (that you can exchange for bearskin).
    You dont need to have this before the report begins - if you know how to easly get it, you can... but that would require people to have this knowledge or look it up instead of just running to the marketboard, throwing their gil away and then complain on the forums about how they had to spend millions on this little minigame they dont enjoy.

Pretty sure you really, really dont have to spend millions of gil or hours of dungeon farming if you want an 80+ score - you just need a bit of knowledge how to get certain items. And maybe some crafters up to level 50 - or friends with crafters leveled.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast