Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneFox View Post
    I wish that were still true, I never get in a match in 15 mins or less unless it's during peak time these days(I que almost exclusively for PvP).
    That's the irony. I, along with most members of the FC I'm in, used to be fairly active in PVP; even more so after Freelancer was introduced. However, it got to the point that so many people were botting that it made games predictable & boring as all Hell. I began to think "why should I 'support' these cheats by willingly playing alongside them?" & therefore decided not to play. I went from several PVP matches per night (& many more on the weekend) to zero. I don't think many of the FC crew are as active either, unless they need Wolf Marks. I certainly don't see the shouts in FC Chat for doing some FL teaming like I used to.

TL;DR - Bots stopped real people playing. Queues were fast & with real players, now queues same but mainly bots. No bots would make real players return & retain fast queues.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Akor Draconic
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RiyahArp View Post
    You can get them faster through poetics and creation, since only the lvl 60 gear can be turned in. I thought about desynth too, but if you are good enough to get it high, you know there are better things than pvp to use it on.
    1350 gc seal for 750 wolf mark. You get 1500 or 1250 if you loose vs 700 poetics. And you dont want to use your creation for buying gear for exchange it for gc seals. You'r right on desync though but i still use loots for desync vs wolf gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miayoko Takanashi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    I'll be the first to admit I suck awful at PvP. But I do it because I enjoy it. I suck at targeting things. I suck at my DPS speed. I'm easy to kill I'll admit that I got no shame in that I'm a filthy casual.

But, when I get matches all day with the same player from Gilgamesh that does no damage, never leaves the pad, and never tries to do anything except change mounts that's a problem.

What's worse is people have grown so used to bots that when you TRY to remove them they just reject the motion. I have used GM services more in the past month then I have the years I've played this game.

I doubt they do anything about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's pretty thick in the mornings with solid bot parties. I've had plenty lately where maybe one player in the mornings is actually a person the rest of them stand there.
    (1)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Culfinrandir View Post
    -snip-
    Yeah. I used to do a lot of PvP with a handful of buddies. Now I'm the only one out of the eight of us still bothering...and even then I mostly just do my daily PvP roulette and stop at that unless I'm lucky enough to be able to catch Rival Wings with a decent queue time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Cadmus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I was post #2 in this thread, pointing out someone pvp botting on his own stream and recording it.

I got my post deleted. Then banned on here for "naming" him. I am too tired.

I quit FF. I will play a game that cares about its pvpers and doesn't support botters. They likely get a $cut$ on all the botting. It's $9/mo for the bot and $15 for the pvp bot mod fyi.
    They also "dumbed down" the pvp to make it easier for bot profile programming. Then boosted the exp to make it enticing.

I'm a conniving businessman irl sometimes too.

This is my final sexay look. Ciao.
    https://goo.gl/D4Rb8U
    (5)
    Last edited by Cadmus; 02-28-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    It may be in vain, but we need to bring this to light. Topics get moved here where they'll be lucky to be seen by anyone, and we all know how visual evidence is handled.

Like Kisama said, start sending your screens and vids to media outlets. Report streamers who are botting to their streaming service. When they create a thread for accepting Live Letter questions, make sure the issues about botting/exploiting in PvP is mentioned (Please. PLEASE! I'd rather the question be dodged than not asked in favor of that damn male bunny suit again). This is a serious issue they've ignored for half a year. And while too many of us may be used to lengthy periods of neglect/non-acknowledgement from SE when it comes to PvP, they're perhaps convinced by numbers and skewed data that PvP is now a success, when it's become a hollow shell of its former self, hardly living up to the concept of "player vs player" with all the rampant botting.

Get the word out. Put the pressure on. If that won't move them, then FFXIV PvP and their precious e-sports dream deserves to crash and burn. And I say that really loving and wanting to see this game's PvP flourish.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Geryth Drayfore
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    Snip
    It's all due to that self destructive cycle. SE doesn't want to put a lot of resources into PvP because hardly anyone participates. But people hardly participate because it's bad and unpolished. It's bad and unpolished because SE doesn't put enough resources into it.

People really hate the botting but I do gotta say that without it, Shatter would never pop. Rival Wings is already pretty hard to get into most of the time.

SE does not dream of FFXIV getting into esports. They have absolutely shown it is not a priority for them. Aside from all the current problems with PvP from botting to ability design to map design to balance issues - it has spectator issues. A good esport is good because it's fun to watch. Aside from unintelligible graphics flying all over the place, a spectator can't see the clutch plays, the perfectly timed CC or burst, or even more subtly the perfectly countered CC or burst. The only people who get entertainment value out of watching someone play Feast is other Feast players. And that's a really small list of people.

I'll say it again - if PvP is going to go anywhere, it starts with SE putting the necessary resources into making it something great. They are just too apprehensive to make that important business decision and they fear it's an investment that won't pay off. So PvP will limp along and stay sparsely populated. The loyal fans are strung along frustrated the entire way while tourists that visit for a brief time continue to cycle in and out - both groups expressing hate for the bots that are actually keeping it somewhat active and alive. In all honesty I think that's why SE generally ignores the bot problem. It's a crutch that gives them reason to leave PvP alone while they focus on other things. "It's good enough for now".

PvP needs a major rework from the ground up. All the maps and abilities just need to be completely redone. I mean I think Rival Wings is actually decently polished and pretty good but it's way too complicated for people to jump into, understand, and feel like they contribute. It's why it's died down so fast. And Feast...it seems to be getting worse every update. SE just hasn't listened to us that the current balance of healing is not fun to play or play against. It's frustrating to hit a brick wall for 8 minutes and it's frustrating to frantically keep people alive and basically be the reason your team wins or loses. You know what would also help spectator value? More deaths. Feast needs more deaths, plain and simple. The medal system is also awful, and the recent addition of light medal status... effing really? Do we REALLY need to make people harder to kill?

PvP needs it's own Reborn campaign.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
    It's all due to that self destructive cycle.
    Let's be fair here: The SB rework probably did take a good bunch of resources.

It's just a matter of what you use them on. Like, Ezreal's Q probably has more depth to it than an entire job in this game's PvP at this point due to its innate mastery as skillshot plus its large array of interactions and applications, many of them only being relevant because the game doesn't rely solely on coordinated burst.

But it does bring up an idea: We could put all of the bots into a separate queue and call it "PvE training mode". It isn't uncommon for PvP games to offer modes against AI, so if we're not going to get rid of them, we could at least use them somewhat productively.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Akor Draconic
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    How would you sepperate bots from normal players if those bots will queu for normal game mode?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I don't think there will be a way to eliminate bots in PvP. Unless you completely separate all PvE from PvP (no exp, tomes, or PvE rewards) or make the modes more fun to play. Currently as it is shown the overall FFXIV community doesn't support the current PvP modes and find them less than exciting. While I don't agree with it, it is fact.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast