Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP bots

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    This doesn't make sense, though. The exp on loss is pitiful; like 400-500k. The queues no longer pop within 5 minutes, more like 15-30. There are no real rewards from frontlines you can't get in a week of easy play. So why on earth are people botting it? there's no reason.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rune Fox
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    If having bots in frontline means I don't have to wait 30+ mins outside of peak time for a match, I don't really see the issue, everyone wins something so, eh.

I like how with all of SE's tech they are not seeing evidence of botting yet these super sleuths are able to catch them just by watching them play. You guys should work for the NSA this world would be a safer place.
    (0)
    Last edited by RuneFox; 02-22-2018 at 12:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Because "it's just PvP" and "this isn't a PvP game". So why should they care who they impact with their cheating? Why should anyone care? SE apparently doesn't.

Oh but don't you dare call someone a name or hurt their feelings. That's a ban. And a reason to restrict chat. Oh, but have some "improvements" you didn't need and didn't ask for in this game mode that was fine as it was! Please continue to give them feedback to ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by RuneFox View Post
    If having bots in frontline means I don't have to wait 30+ mins outside of peak time for a match, I don't really see the issue, everyone wins something so, eh.
    No, everyone does NOT win. Botters who just want to CHEAT AND VIOLATE THE TOS TO GET XP are the only ones who win. If you actually like PvP, you get stuck with unresponsive teammates who are more of a liability to you than anything. And you can't do squat to expose them because screenshots and video could be edited, thus it's all suspect. Report them? Go ahead. You'll be seeing them again for months to come. Beat them in the match? Fine, they're not there to win anyways so long as they get XP.

Long queue times were fixed overnight in 3.5 with Frontline Freelancer. 30+ became "Less than 5m" during peak times, 15 minutes at the worst. And real people who actually knew what to do and WANTED to PvP were the ones playing then. Those same people however don't enjoy matches full of bots just standing there or mindlessly zerging other players or objectives like expendable FATE NPCs. Those people get tired of dealing with crap like that and stop queueing, which only compounds the problem.

We want to PvP to play against other players. People exploiting the system and using bots to openly cheat for XP with no concern for others and no penalty for violating TOS heavily impact that and only drive real players away, which can potentially compound the problem of long queues and bots in place of real players.
    (4)
    Last edited by ThirdChild_ZKI; 02-22-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Nobody cares -- until it affects YOU and a mode YOU like to play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    Nobody cares -- until it affects YOU and a mode YOU like to play.
    Guess it won't be a problem to actually deal with until bots start buying housing plots. . .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akor Draconic
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    Guess it won't be a problem to actually deal with until bots start buying housing plots. . .
    Im pretty sure they can buy housing plots. lol Hell they can even create FC's what stopping them from buying plots?

Hell in this community exploiting a cutscene skip is bigger problem than botters. LUL
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    God forbid bots start skipping cutscenes. Consider all hope lost then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rune Fox
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    Long queue times were fixed overnight in 3.5 with Frontline Freelancer. 30+ became "Less than 5m" during peak times, 15 minutes at the worst.
    I wish that were still true, I never get in a match in 15 mins or less unless it's during peak time these days(I que almost exclusively for PvP). I also don't really see bots in my matches or people standing around(unless they are doing so for a "Surprise" attack). I just see a lot of casual people who do not know what they are doing running all over the place and little explanation or leadership for those who need it. Perhaps my blase attitude comes from not seeing what you are supposedly seeing or having a different opinion of what these so called "bots" are doing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Stick around. It becomes pretty easy to tell a new/casual player from a bot.

Even a new guy panics when attacked at the ice. Bots rarely, if at all bother to react to being attacked. Casuals are inconsistent with coordinating attacks, and while veteran players can take you down in seconds, they can't do it with the sheer speed or typical zerg behavior bots do. I can also say I've seen bots completely ignore someone standing right next to me and attack me or others. To make sure of it (as seen here) I got their attention, then ran straight to the same player from before, and they didn't touch him.

As for explanation and leadership, normally I'd be sympathetic to the plight, but after writing two guides, making videos, giving field commands, and STILL seeing some of the same people make the same costly mistakes, I'm a bit hard pressed to remain so patient, especially when half of them don't even care so long as they get XP.
    (0)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The point though is that people cheat based on it benefitting them. Frontlines bots happened because you had very quick pops and could get a lot of exp in a short time afk. That doesn't exist any more; 400k per half-hour isn't good exp by any means (its barely 2 fates), and by now people have leveled the jobs they want to play up to cap. So I'm finding it hard to believe there is this mass bot invasion in a frontlines that can barely pop 8 mans. You can get better exp just running POTD over, and in the same time even as DPS I can get a dungeon pop for 3x the exp or more.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast