Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Eugene Tracewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 87
    Phys ranged DPS that's NOT a buffing class would be nice, I'd like to see them do a Ranger that shares Scouting gear with Ninja... because, Rangers... scouts... makes sense. Though having FOUR classes fighting over Dexterity Accessories endgame is a bit overkill. Then again, we're going to see FOUR healers and FOUR tanks eventually.

Either dual pistols to keep the Musketeer 1.0 fans happy or crossbow, I dare say dual crossbows but they may not go that flashy. Ever since I saw the ranged LB I thought "How cool would it be if we had a DPS that had dual crossbows raining bolts?"

I mean if this fanfest Yoshi-P walks around in a Green Arrow t-shirt... well, need I say more?
    (0)
    Last edited by Tracewood; 07-12-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reiya Rahamos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrose88 View Post
    Geomancer healing might be pretty cool especially if it ended up having something like a plant pet..... the elemental spells could look really cool.
    My opinion on this is that is that it's something they could have done had the conjurer never existed in 1.0, in fact I bet if the producer could he would have gutted conjurer and made it geomancer because thematically that's exactly what a geomancer is, especially the story elements tied to it. Still, there is a very likely chance that it will be a spirit based healer, that derives it's powers from 3 primal elements we've seen associated with geomancy so far, Earth, Wind and Water. Someone said the producer doesn't want to do pets anymore, but I'd not rule out the possibility. Spirits seem to be at the core of geomancy from the little bit of interaction we've seen of the supposed practitioners of it, so here is my over all guess, you'll get spiritual channeling modes similar to AST Diurnal and Nocturnal sect, (expect some aura effect for each of the three elements). I can see Channel Earth having more of a defensive feel, offer damage mitigating effects with its heals like reducing damage by x% as oppose to offering a shield like noct, and its universal tie in attack would or could inflict a status effect like heavy or slow. I say universal because if I were making the job I'd have it so your primary single target attack and aoe attack would change in nature depending on the spirit you were channeling at the time of casting. Wind will likely offer a spell speed/skill speed/recast time buff alongside its healing aspects, something that probably won't stack with any other such buffs like the ones from a AST cards or any other such ability but who knows, its effect on your universal attacks could be reduced attack speeds on the enemy or defenses. Water again if I were doing it and I know all will disagree would offer a bubble of hp effect similar to the status type found in ff12 rather than the regen aspect im sure most people think about when it comes to the healing properties of water, It's not like a barrier that SCH or Noct AST give, bubble increases your hp by a certain amount, maybe 50% this is in addition to the healing it's doing on top of that, this is a very strong buff, and it's single and aoe effects on your universal attacks could inflict dot damage on the targets, everything else is pretty much the same as all the other healers, will 4 more unique effects that likely affect the jobs other abilities directly.

Quote Originally Posted by seraf View Post
    Gunblade Job
    I think we've seen it several times now, as early as 2.0 even, Gaius van Baelsar wielded a gunblade, he was technically a gladiator but that's because the implied new tank job didn't exist yet, but im betting my money on Magitek Knight or something, Thancred was a gladiator to until rogue came out.

Geomancer (healer) O-fuda scrolls or a Gohei as their weapon
    Magitek Knight (tank) Gunblades
    (0)
    Last edited by Selvokaz; 07-13-2018 at 01:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by kikix12 View Post
    Thanks, no thanks. This would make the class literally junk for a huge chunk of the players simply based on their PING. A class missing skills by brief parts of a second shouldn't lose more than just a few percent of its potency, otherwise it's going to be a PING game, not a skill game.
    I think you misunderstand how ping works, if that's not a jest.

A GCD of 1.5 seconds gives you 1500 ms in which to queue a skill before you can see any uptime loss or waste from clipping. If your concern was double-weaving or the like, I'd see your point, but as I run into no issues with oGCD clipping even at FW-Arrow speeds of under 1.6 seconds per GCD on an actual Monk even when bogging around 160-240 ms ping, I doubt anything short of double-weaving would make for a valid concern. And as there is no suggestion of such in my post...

At the point by which GCD-to-GCD gameplay would be impaired, you'd already be crippled in any and all raid environments for a handful of other reasons as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurrikhan View Post
    Well, there goes my idea...
    Not necessarily

No matter how I envision the job's mechanics, one thing remains the same across all of them: That the playstyle is so fluid and the weapon skills are so gracefully executed that the DNC looks like they are dancing in combat. This is just an aesthetic though to help give the job identity and let everyone know that this IS the most elegant job in FFXIV. So the result would be after a boss fight, and you look at the video of your DNC, she does indeed look like she's performing a sophisticated dance even though countless gcds and ogcds were used during the encounter. I would actually find it hilarious if players kinda missed mechanics here in there in total awe of the DNC doing their thing.

"How could you miss that bright as day telegraph?"
    "DNC in my group, bro"
    "Ahhhhh! touche'"

Now I jest, but oh gawd I would laugh for days. But probably a good idea it isn't me designing this job. I'll leave it to more innovative hands.
    (1)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    No matter how I envision the job's mechanics, one thing remains the same across all of them: That the playstyle is so fluid and the weapon skills are so gracefully executed that the DNC looks like they are dancing in combat. This is just an aesthetic though to help give the job identity and let everyone know that this IS the most elegant job in FFXIV. So the result would be after a boss fight, and you look at the video of your DNC, she does indeed look like she's performing a sophisticated dance even though countless gcds and ogcds were used during the encounter. I would actually find it hilarious if players kinda missed mechanics here in there in total awe of the DNC doing their thing.

"How could you miss that bright as day telegraph?"
    "DNC in my group, bro"
    "Ahhhhh! touche'"

Now I jest, but oh gawd I would laugh for days. But probably a good idea it isn't me designing this job. I'll leave it to more innovative hands.
    I can 100% get behind that. Or rather, I already am.

Also, best freebie ever: since the weaponskills needn't require a target... one can "dance" outside of combat. Performance AND dancers?!!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I can 100% get behind that. Or rather, I already am.

Also, best freebie ever: since the weaponskills needn't require a target... one can "dance" outside of combat. Performance AND dancers?!!
    Well, I did mention DNCs having an ability similar to perform, but instead executes dance steps (don't worry if you missed it. that was a long ass post xD). What I didn't mention though is that those steps would have to be input from the player, and strung together in sequence to perform a dance. We can already do something similar by stringing emotes together, and timing it properly. However, this would be far more user friendly as the intent would be to choreograph a beautiful dance routine.

But yes, having DNCs and BRDs get together to put on a routine would be really, really neat! I can't speak for everyone, but to me this is pure gold if brought into the game.
    (0)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Seraphitia Faro
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I think you misunderstand how ping works, if that's not a jest.
    PING is the time between message is sent from customers computer, to server, then a response is sent back and reaches the customer computer.

That means that with a PING of 240ms, the action that I do will be calculated by server at about 120ms, while I'll see the result of that 240ms after I actually had it.

And sorry, but it seems you misunderstand. There are many problems that come from high PING.

1) Buff delays. After the server move, if I don't wait after using swiftcast, my next spell will NOT be instant. That problem was not present with lower PING before the move.
    2) Skill requirements, like Enochian, are delayed. That means that I cannot cast Fire IV/Blizzard IV at all until I get the message back, and no amount of pushing the buttons will change that.
    3) I cannot kite. It's literally impossible. I could somewhat kite before. I mean, I could get hit every few seconds by some of the larger enemies. Now even the smallest enemies with lowest reach can hit me almost at their regular hit speed. Unless I go straight away from them, which clearly doesn't work for kiting.

The "queue" also doesn't seem to work as nice as you seem to make it. Sometimes it works, other times it'll give out an error that the character cannot do it, other times the skill on the hotbar will light up (as if it registered the push) but will simply not trigger. I realize that this may be related to packet loss as well, but not only is it too "reliable" (unless I spam the button, I'm 100% sure for it to pop up two or three times at least over the course of a normal dungeon pull), but when I tested my connection to the server there was no packet lost in multiple attempts. That means it's simply the system having hiccups, dealing poorly with high delay. Very probable due to the constant synchronization the game does.

The way this game is designed, PING very much affects skill use. Not as much as Blade and Soul and similar games, but saying that something related to tight timing won't be affected by PING is simply wrong.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zanelle Solainteau
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracewood View Post
    Phys ranged DPS that's NOT a buffing class would be nice, I'd like to see them do a Ranger that shares Scouting gear with Ninja... because, Rangers... scouts... makes sense. Though having FOUR classes fighting over Dexterity Accessories endgame is a bit overkill. Then again, we're going to see FOUR healers and FOUR tanks eventually.

Either dual pistols to keep the Musketeer 1.0 fans happy or crossbow, I dare say dual crossbows but they may not go that flashy. Ever since I saw the ranged LB I thought "How cool would it be if we had a DPS that had dual crossbows raining bolts?"

I mean if this fanfest Yoshi-P walks around in a Green Arrow t-shirt... well, need I say more?
    They could make BRD = Buff, MCH = Debuff, and then do a 3rd DPS only. That said, the 3rd job will probably be ignored by players after the initial everyone and their mom leveling it to 80.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ameela Trussa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracewood View Post
    Phys ranged DPS that's NOT a buffing class would be nice
    Machinist?
    Aside from MP and TP regen it doesn't really have any buffs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zanelle Solainteau
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameela View Post
    Machinist?
    Aside from MP and TP regen it doesn't really have any buffs.
    MCH can use hypercharge and dismantle. The former makes the enemy receive more damage and the latter weakens the enemy's attacks. MCH is a lightweight debuffer. That makes it not a pure dps, even if you put the regens aside.
    (0)

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast