Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Robert Ilcri
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    For healers, Dancer no question. They always had that kind of utility in other games for the most part.

For tanks, I wouldn't mind seeing Mystic Knight being a thing. Scimitar based weapons maybe, with the focus on elemental blades for their different stances tanking wise.

For DPS, anything using a new blunt type weapon. Its about time that Monk got a friend who can benefit from their Blunt Resistance Down to be quite honest (Also no thanks to Gunblade, we have too many sword users and someone who already uses guns we don't need a mixing of the two.)
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    After Sigma 2.0, I wouldn't mind an artist for a healer - if only so you can make sure your party is a picture of health *cough*.

Really, tho, I'm hoping for something original-ish. I don't have a strong preference for any of the traditional jobs.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    M'telihgo Feilyon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I would love to see a true support class, healer or tank instead of red DPS, green DPS and blue DPS Jobs.

Not going to happen, but you asked.
    (1)
    #GetSelliBack2018

Reading too much of the forums makes me very sad and apathetic.

Player
    Character
    Andevom Vonskivaux
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Dancer: Tank. XI showed us it can be done.
    Geomancer: Healer. Already heavily hinted at, and this is the main reason why DNC shouldn't be heals.

As for a job specific to the game, whatever the hell Alpha is doing with those cards.

I also strongly second "No Gunblade", because:

1) I'm sick of seeing them.
    2) A gunblade's strength lies in timing the trigger pulls with your sword strikes. That would not work well in this game.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Nonni Brilante
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauront View Post
    He says a lot of things. I wouldn't assume it really means no. Game devs often make statements like that and then walk back on them.
    Except with Blue Mage, the argument is quite valid. Given how this game works, Blue Mage would only be possible if it worked like something closer to the concept I have for it in my forum sig (#shamelessplug) compared to how it is interpreted, leaving the XI purists to sob in corners and probably won't shut up about how it's not a real Blue Mage because it wouldn't learn spells the same way it did in their "good ol' days".

As for Viking, that one's easier than most would think for two reasons. For one, Vikings had access to Thunder-based spells as well as water skills like Tsunami, meaning that it could wind up like an amazing love child between Warrior and Dark Knight. The other reason is that due to the job dev team's seemingly strict adherence to their historical influences, Viking most likely wouldn't use a hammer or axe like it did in past games due to actual Vikings never using hammers and rarely using axes in combat (they preferred either spears or swords and shields), leaving more room for Viking to appear potentially more caster-esque than Warrior.
    (1)
    How Blue Mage Could Work in FFXIV
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/308417-How-Blue-Mage-Could-Exist-in-FFXIV

How a Shapeshifter Could Work in FFXIV
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/339640-How-a-Shapeshifter-Could-Work-in-FFXIV

Player
    Character
    Mikon Chozo
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    a cannoneer would fit really good into the current setup, as physical ranged samurai/blm equivalent

slow attacks, super high hits and personal dps, zero utility
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Blue Plenilune
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Gunblade

Considering that the development team has expressed an interest in creating jobs that are unique to FFXIV, and how jobs often have some lore connection to the expansion's destination, I foresee this as the best opportunity for a "gunblade" job to be implemented. When a gunblade job is requested, the weapon is the main detail people care about. What the job does and how it functions can be anything the development team desires with little friction from the community. They won't feel forced to design a gunblade job in a particular fashion. In terms of role, I see the gunblade job as a solid candidate for a tank. The gunblade weapon is distinctly Garlean in design. Another distinct Garlean design element is the way they outfit high ranking officials in heavy armor. The aesthetic design of the class as a whole would be deeply rooted in the lore of FFXIV, satisfying the desires of the development team.

Edit: An alternative to this would be a "gunhammer" job which has precedence with Nero tol Scaeva.

Dancer

There are still classic jobs that are in high demand which can't be ignored. Seemingly, Dancer is currently at the forefront. If the demand for Dancer was already high before Stormblood, it has since escalated to an even greater height. SE has been put in a spot where it is difficult to ignore the request for Dancer. A common point of speculation is that Dancer could have a connection to Thavnair which we are shoulder-to-shoulder to in this expansion. In terms of role, I foresee a couple viable options. It is easy to imagine Dancer as either a support DPS or as a healer. If we only receive two jobs in 5.0, having Dancer as a healer may be the more likely role because it's also hard for the development team to ignore players who want something new for their preferred role. The absence of a new healer would mean a span of six years with the same three that we have currently while everyone waits for the 6.0 expansion. However, if we receive more than two jobs in 5.0, that leaves a couple options that I will speculate on.

If Dancer is a healer and we get a third job: Blue Mage

Blue Mage appears to be next in line after Dancer as a job in high demand. The request for Blue Mage has been brought up numerous times. Though Yoshida has often spoke about the complications of implementing Blue Mage into the structure of FFXIV, I believe that if they really want to make it work, they'll find a way. In terms of role, I consider DPS to be the most fitting choice. When you look at Blue Mage in previous games, the vast majority of their spells are offensive in nature. This holds true when observing the abilities of monsters in FFXIV. In most cases, Blue Mage only has access to two support spells with those being Mighty Guard and White Wind.

If Dancer is a support DPS and we get a third job: Chemist

Prior to Astrologian, there was a time when the development team played with the concept of Chemist as a healer. Similar to how Samurai was considered for Heavenward, but was put on hold for a later expansion, the same could hold true for Chemist. It is also not difficult to imagine how Chemist could hold a lore connection to a region under the control of the Garlean Empire.
    (8)
    Last edited by Blueyes; 02-16-2018 at 04:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 65
    I want a unique Job to this FF. Something along the lines of an Aether Mage/Knight that uses Crystal infused armor and weapons.

I would like to see other weapons more than other jobs, they can be whatever job they work best with.

- Whip
    - Hammer
    - Nun-chucks
    - Dual hand axes

Thats just off the top of my head, I know I have more I want to see but this is a start.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lulumia Lumia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Calling it now, next expansion:

We end up getting 3 Jobs similar to Heavensward.

Tank: Blue Mage possibly,
    Healer: Dancer
    Ranged DPS: Gunblader (Hybrid melee/ranged similar to how RDM functions as 'both' in a way)

While the jobs might vary, I can see them falling into a pattern. There's almost no way they would only add either:
    a.) No new DPS jobs next xpac, and instead just 1 healer 1 tank. The large majority of the player base are DPS players, this would be bad.
    b.) 1 new DPS, and only either 1 New Healer or 1 New Tank. As then the Non-chosen role went two whole expansions with nothing new added to it.

I can then foresee the expansion after the next, (6.0 in this case) Offering a competitor to both DRG's armors and NIN's armors.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Gunblade based tank job.
    Dancer as support healer.

I don't know if we'll see more DPS for a while considering the outrage that followed with SB's choice to not add more of the other roles for popularity's sake. If we do, I expect a third "ranger" type, or a TP pet job, like Puppeteer.

Geomancer feels inevitable, but it's ties to AST in SB may mean it's instead going to be rolled into one job. Bummer.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ametrine; 02-15-2018 at 04:37 AM.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast