Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 369
  1. #11
    Player
    ArcaviusGreyashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    481
    Character
    Isambard Fauchetemps
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    A blunt tank. That's all I'm hoping for. The MNK blunt debuff is useless right now, so a tank that'd rely on it would be pretty cool.

    A two-handed warhammer wielding tank, basically. x)

    Or a full magical tank, but I have doubts about it...

    And another healer... No idea what it could be, though, since I don't play healer, but yeah, no more DPS. There are plenty of them right now, so we don't need any more for a long time, I think.
    (4)

  2. #12
    Player
    Lauront's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    387
    Character
    Ieatsu Akagane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    They need to think more out of the box both with new jobs but also existing ones. I mean Foul, what was it but a recoloured and more potent Flare? So I'm happy with them sticking to 1-2 jobs per expansion if they can deliver on this.


    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaviusGreyashe View Post
    A blunt tank. That's all I'm hoping for. The MNK blunt debuff is useless right now, so a tank that'd rely on it would be pretty cool.

    A two-handed warhammer wielding tank, basically. x)

    Or a full magical tank, but I have doubts about it...

    And another healer... No idea what it could be, though, since I don't play healer, but yeah, no more DPS. There are plenty of them right now, so we don't need any more for a long time, I think.
    I'd welcome a full blown mage tank. DRK is kind of that, but I presume like me, you mean one that doesn't fight using melee weapons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazrah View Post
    Even though Yoshi has said repeatedly that Blue Mage wouldn't be a thing in XIV despite the popularity for it. Dancer probably will show up eventually given Yoshi's claim last time around that he wanted to get it "just right".

    New jobs are also going to depend on where we go, as this is usually reflected in the jobs we have gotten with the other two expansions. Thavnair could give us the most common perception of Dancer (even though it could potentially be from anywhere) and some variant of Chemist. We also still have the rest of Othard, where a non-Hingan Geomancer could be possible along with Yoshi's intended third job for Stormblood of Oracle. If we were to explore some of the more northern islands such as Aerslaent, something like Viking could be a possibility. Then finally there's the rabbit hole of Old Sharlayan, which has a few possibilities for more magical-themed jobs.

    Garlean-themed jobs? Although there is a possibility, I don't think we'll be there for a while.
    He says a lot of things. I wouldn't assume it really means no. Game devs often make statements like that and then walk back on them. Regarding Vikings, it's the kind of job where I'd have concerns about it cannibalizing existing job abilities, e.g. WAR. It'd be more suited to something like a spec-based refinement of existing jobs, which for now they've ruled out, but which I could see happening one day.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lauront; 02-15-2018 at 03:16 AM.
    Beyond majestic mountains, across the emerald dale,
    On march the ivory standard, united we prevail!
    From distant shores of Othard, to lakes of Aldenard,
    The light of mighty Garlemald, fore'er our guiding star.



  3. #13
    Player
    Bacent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The womb
    Posts
    802
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    Gunblade.
    Gods can the want of that just die already...


    We need a class that uses hammers/clubs/something blunt. There's only one actual blunt class in game, yet we have many classes that use slashing/piercing. What's the point of a triangle of classes like that when it's like 4 slash, 3 piercing, 1 blunt
    (4)

  4. #14
    Player
    ArcaviusGreyashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    481
    Character
    Isambard Fauchetemps
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauront View Post
    I'd welcome a full blown mage tank. DRK is kind of that, but I presume like me, you mean one that doesn't fight using melee weapons.
    Yeah, exactly. In fact, I dreamed for a long time about a geomancer tank that simply used rocks or plain aether, or whatever on CD to prevent some damage. Basically, the love/hate child of a BLM and a WAR. But the Geomancer is an hingashian CNJ, in this day and age, so yeah, too bad for me =(
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player
    Lauront's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    387
    Character
    Ieatsu Akagane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    The thing I really wanted most was a dps version of AST, like Ace from Dissidia, so I feel that it is lost potential. I've always wanted some manner of mage that uses a disc or orb to channel their spells, rather than a weapon like a staff, blade, and whatnot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacent View Post
    Gods can the want of that just die already...


    We need a class that uses hammers/clubs/something blunt. There's only one actual blunt class in game, yet we have many classes that use slashing/piercing. What's the point of a triangle of classes like that when it's like 4 slash, 3 piercing, 1 blunt
    Enter Blue Mage? ;p
    (0)
    Beyond majestic mountains, across the emerald dale,
    On march the ivory standard, united we prevail!
    From distant shores of Othard, to lakes of Aldenard,
    The light of mighty Garlemald, fore'er our guiding star.



  6. #16
    Player
    BillyKaplan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,706
    Character
    William Kaplan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I want that gathering job Yoshi mentioned that can get you furs and hides
    (1)

  7. #17
    Player
    Lauront's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    387
    Character
    Ieatsu Akagane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaviusGreyashe View Post
    Yeah, exactly. In fact, I dreamed for a long time about a geomancer tank that simply used rocks or plain aether, or whatever on CD to prevent some damage. Basically, the love/hate child of a BLM and a WAR. But the Geomancer is an hingashian CNJ, in this day and age, so yeah, too bad for me =(
    Yes, that would not be a bad implementation of GEO. DRK is, strictly speaking, the closest you will get to a tank based on black magic. I'd like some sort of tank which uses magical shields and uses spells as their main enmity building technique, and I am sure it can be done with a bit of creativity.
    (0)
    Beyond majestic mountains, across the emerald dale,
    On march the ivory standard, united we prevail!
    From distant shores of Othard, to lakes of Aldenard,
    The light of mighty Garlemald, fore'er our guiding star.



  8. #18
    Player
    TristanBlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    383
    Character
    Crucius Lapin
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Dancer!(Healer) and Blue Mage (Tank)

    Id be happy with any healer or tank class. Im tired of all the dps
    (6)

  9. #19
    Player
    ChrisB1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    13
    Character
    Ether Surge
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    We need a polymorphic class that turns into demons and uses a flail for a weapon or maybe dual wielding maces lol
    (1)

  10. #20
    Player
    ArcaviusGreyashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    481
    Character
    Isambard Fauchetemps
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauront View Post
    Yes, that would not be a bad implementation of GEO. DRK is, strictly speaking, the closest you will get to a tank based on black magic.
    Sure, but let me dream of a tank job that involves rocks, as a geologist and a tank main ;-;

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauront View Post
    I'd like some sort of tank which uses magical shields and uses spells as their main enmity building technique, and I am sure it can be done with a bit of creativity.
    Yeah, in all seriousness, that's actually what I want as well. That, or a blunt tank. Or both.
    (1)

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast