Character
    Xie Belvoule
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    My ideas:

Judge- Tank
    Uses a gun hammer, Garlean armor and rules cards similiar to Astro.

Soldier- DPS
    Wields a gunblade and ceruleam manifestations like regula's tiger.

Magitek Pilot- DPS or Tank
    Pilots a prototype suit of magitek armor built by the ironworks. Uses a mammot core, and has ceruleam weapons. It would be physically smaller and more streamlined than a reaper.

Summoner- DPS
    Get rid of the egis. Give us a real FF summoner with real FF summons....
    (0)
    Last edited by Xie_Belvoule; 02-16-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Wilhelm Kaeruleus
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    Blue Mage.
    Gunblade.

I don't care much for the 'Dancer' idea floating around, popular though it may be. It seems like a recipe for disaster given that a lot of the gear and animations would likely be designed with feminine aesthetics in mind. So far, the developers have also expressed discomfort when it comes to designing gear that shows off the male form so I do not have faith that it would be handled well for those of us who would want DNC gear to be masculine and tastefully suggestive.
    I like the idea of the Dancer, unfortunately I agree with you in that 90% of the aspects/design/animations will be feminine based, which is extremely annoying. I don't have a problem with males that play female characters, but not all of us are into that. It would be nice to see a bit more masculinity in this game.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xovan Prince
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    THe next expansion should include the garlean as a race, and 3 or 4 of their classes. From the hammer nero uses, the gun tonfa that livia uses, the gun blade giaus, and the gunshields that rhitahtyn uses.

It would be acool to have an expansion played from their point of view, but also acceptable to just simply have some runaways join the alliance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sikah'to Tahqa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WilhelmWhite View Post
    I like the idea of the Dancer, unfortunately I agree with you in that 90% of the aspects/design/animations will be feminine based, which is extremely annoying. I don't have a problem with males that play female characters, but not all of us are into that. It would be nice to see a bit more masculinity in this game.
    Ok, that will probably be controversial but...

What do you think is masculine, yet classy ? 'cause we got a huge lot of it already in the game. Whether it's suits or coats or whatever, we have it... Dance is, by essence, delicate and graceful, or passionate and full of energy, and anything in between, but it's not "manly", nor "womanly". It's dance, and I think that some (maybe you won't, that a big some) will complain about it being too feminine either way, simply because you can't be a man if you're not a highlander or a roe or an Au ra. And, even if it has little to no interest regarding future jobs, you brought it here: I think androgynous beauty doesn't get enough love around here... And since androgynous beauty *is* beauty, for japanese people, I think you're going to get most of that...
    (1)
    Last edited by ArcaviusGreyashe; 02-16-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Joe Ultima
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    Same could be said of BLM? I mean, in XI BLM had every element no? Here it's only got fire, ice, and thunder and Fire burns Ifrit. Every job's been dumbed down. I also disagree: RDM's swordplay is an afterthought to the job's way of play. I would agree with you if it were a melee that used its swordplay as a generator rather than a caster with a melee spender, however.
    To be fair, Fire Ice and Lightning were the original elements the Black Mage got and nothing more. Sure they got Quake but it was an instant death spell way back then. Other elements usually came from other mages. White Mage was the first to get Wind spells iirc, and Earth magic was usually given to Time Mage. Water was eventually given to Vivi in FF9 but before that Summoners got dibs on Water element via Leviathan. Eventually though Black Mage got some Dark element magic though.
    (0)
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers (PWN) on Coeurl in Aether.

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by XovanPrince View Post
    THe next expansion should include the garlean as a race, and 3 or 4 of their classes. From the hammer nero uses, the gun tonfa that livia uses, the gun blade giaus, and the gunshields that rhitahtyn uses.
    Pureblood Garlean's whole schtick as a race is that they can't manipulate mana, I.E, can't use magic.

SE is pretty lazy with rendering pureblood Garlean NPCs, usually just slapping the Pearl eye and swapping ears on Elezen and Hyur models, but even if they were added, how would you explain away a sudden influx of a few thousand, extremely proficient in magic, Garlean Purebloods running around?

Although, I do really want a job that uses Magitek or something Garlean related.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xovan Prince
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ametrine View Post
    Pureblood Garlean's whole schtick as a race is that they can't manipulate mana, I.E, can't use magic.

SE is pretty lazy with rendering pureblood Garlean NPCs, usually just slapping the Pearl eye and swapping ears on Elezen and Hyur models, but even if they were added, how would you explain away a sudden influx of a few thousand, extremely proficient in magic, Garlean Purebloods running around?

Although, I do really want a job that uses Magitek or something Garlean related.
    Could always just make them not able to use magic and give them machine alternatives. And yes i am including baring the classes that conflict. or it could be an escape garland prison colony or soemthing that brought back some trade secrets.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Peony Foxbriar
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyMoony View Post
    I really really want Beast Master as a DPS/Tank!! Companion classes are fun and FFXIV has soo many cute/cool monsters I want to make friends with ;w;
    I second this so much, I'd really love that too I used to play venomancer in Perfect World and being able to micromanage pets to perform either dps/tanking was a lot of fun.

Edit: Since I read in here Yoshi P doesn't like pet classes... if not beastmaster, then a druid/shaman healer and/or dps type I would love too.
    (0)
    Last edited by micropanther7; 02-16-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Character
    Miles Maelstrom
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Healing Dancer please! I just feel the music.
    (1)
    Last edited by Miles_Maelstrom; 02-16-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ametrine View Post
    The same way I explain the sudden influx of "Nobody Except Padjals allowed!"-White Mages that are running around, "Forbidden Art, please do not touch" Black Mages, Azure Dragoons, "Lost Arts, only for Primal Slayers" Summoners and... yeah. Did I mention we all have the echo as well?

I dunno. If you can live with the special snowflake status player characters in this game have in general, I don't see how adding another notch would have much of an impact. We have access to rarer things than genetically altered test subjects gone rogue.
    (0)

Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast