Player
    Character
    Joe Ultima
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    Tanks and healers can viably replace DPS in all but the most hardcore content with the tightest DPS checks. At the end of HW, echo buff was enough to allow for an 8 tank A12S, 23 healer Rabanastre has been done while it was current. It's already a thing. It's just DPS that get gimped by not being allowed to double dip into tanking/healing much, but tanks and healers are already very much double dipping into DPS rather extensively.
    Well this game is pretty well-known as play as you want casual in all but the most difficult Savage and Ultimate content so no surprise people make such parties for kicks lol and as long as the toughest content still requires the trinity I doubt SE will mind people doing so :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    @ Joe777, SE would never make Dancer a dps nor should they really. Their would be much outrage even from myself.
    We have more then enough dps jobs atm for a few expansions, next focus should be a tank and healer then after that who knows.
    Outrage never stopped SE from doing things before lol but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by MageBlack View Post
    Not quite. More like, you do a level 70 5.0 job quest and you are given a new job stone with its own separate levelling from 70 - 80. whereas the SCH/SMN/ACN is all in tandem and tied together. So if I wanted to get my war tank up to 80 after I got my viking to 80 I would have to swap and level it up. Branching jobs instead of linked together. Might need to drop the level down to 30 even? I dont know, I just like the idea of an advanced job, even if it doesnt change your party role. I know SE hated it but I liked it. Probably too much work...
    I still don't think SE would give us "clone" jobs, but if they do they wouldn't be added as an advancement of an existing job. That would mean every other job would get an advancement too, and that is way too much to do and is like trying to replace every job we have. Besides, there's no reason Viking wouldn't be a completely separate job from Warrior, because it would be. Also if they did add a Viking job it'd like begin in Limsa Lominsa due to it being relative to pirates and stuff, but would not require Warrior be unlocked to unlock Viking.
    (0)
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers (PWN) on Coeurl in Aether.

Player
    Character
    Misty Mew
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    bst and blu
    ffxiv is incredibly boring now, same old routine its so predictable its sickening...maybe new jobs would help...probably not though
    (0)

MORE HIGH HEELS + INSTANCED HOUSING! !

Player
    Character
    Perky Paissa
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    First and foremost, I'd love to see a non-magic healing job, maybe like Chemist. I actually main a SCH and while I enjoy healing in general, I'd like to try something a bit different. If I recall correctly, I think Cid used a couple non-magic heals, way back in one of the ARR "let's beat up some Garleans" duties (where you're working with Maggie and so on).

Dancer might be fun too, if only to see how such a thing would be implemented. I'm a bit surprised it's not in the game already, to be honest. I think it was more of a support-type job in FFTactics (not sure about other games), and your weapon was basically a large roll of carpet that you would fling at your enemies like a yo-yo. Or at least, I don't think I hallucinated this.

As for a new tank role... Yikes, y'all are talkin' about gunblades, gunhammers, maybe even one of those absurd gun-chainsaws that Grynewaht had (great for both self-defense and yardwork!). Now I'm not going to pretend I know anything about tanking or what would be cool or feasible for a tank (I used to main a tank in another MMO, but never FF14). But I will admit that if there's ever a gun + whatever-ridiculous-thing-you-can-tack-onto-a-gun job, I sure hope they get Nero to be the trainer. I think I would actually take up tanking just to see that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ranhansha Ootsuki
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    After Sigma 2.0, I wouldn't mind an artist for a healer
    I like your idea.That gave me the idea of having a job whose spells were casted after drawing certain character or runes on the air à la Japanese calligraphy with a giant brush (Mado BLM weapon) as well as having some sort of talismans or creating purifying areas on the ground. A Priest or Exorcist.

As a healer, I like the idea of having an herbalist who didn't actually use magic but whose abilities were simply concoctions.

Beastmaster with whips and having mounts/minions as the main source of mechanics. Balance needed, but maybe having 3 or 4 free slots in your skills that would depend on the kind of pet or mount you were using at the moment would make things simple. Maybe we could have more than one pet out at a given time? No dramas for OP minions. Skills might be simply based on it's category (Critter, Monster, Poppet)

Also, blunt weapons like hammers, maces, nunchaku or boomerangs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    So many people want Beastmaster and Blue mage. But with the way this game is setup it will be nothing like what you are wanting out of those jobs. Puppetmaster will be the same too...

Blue Mage:
    skills will be learned through job quests only, just like every other job, and will serve the same function (some damage skills, a stun move, a ranged move, a hp regain move) but in the end be only slightly different than what we already have for jobs, the uniqueness will be the name of the skill and the animation that plays it out.

Beastmaster:
    You will tame three beasts through your job quest line and that will be all you can use until they come out with the egi... err... beast glamor system. one will be tanky, one will be damagey, and another will be DOTy/rangey.
    (0)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    So many people want Beastmaster and Blue mage. But with the way this game is setup it will be nothing like what you are wanting out of those jobs. Puppetmaster will be the same too...

Blue Mage:
    skills will be learned through job quests only, just like every other job, and will serve the same function (some damage skills, a stun move, a ranged move, a hp regain move) but in the end be only slightly different than what we already have for jobs, the uniqueness will be the name of the skill and the animation that plays it out.
    If it's a vengeance based tank, it wouldn't necessarily be like this. It could have a skill like TBN called "Learn" which grants stacks of "Knowledge" that allows it to gain passive parry or damage resist, or even crit % up. At a certain number of stacks they can unleash their learned attack, which could act like revenge or fell cleave. I'm no game designer, and I realize I basically just described warrior in some terms, but it could be worked on like that to avoid your prediction.

That said, I completely agree BLU wouldn't be the BLU of old. I don't want it to be, I want it to be XIV's take on BLU; it'd certainly be better than another sword tank.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    -snip-
    Just look at how dumbed down Redmage is, not even any En spells. It does have more utility than other jobs, it does have healing and a rez at 68, sword moves are intrinsically linked to your spell casting but I think RuneFencer would have been a better name for that class. maybe thats just me. lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sikah'to Tahqa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by silentwindfr View Post
    some raid only have room for 1-2 tank, means you will have more competition with more tank.
    While there are obviously 9 slots for DPS in each raid, so that every job can go in at the same time. Wait.

no i just point out that make more tank that will copy paste of the already present job is not make new jobs. they try to create jobs that will bring something new to the table...
    Well then... Pure magic tank, support tank that actively gives people buff, whether it's mana/tp songs or actual offensive buffs (I don't know, shogun, tactician, strategist, or whatever), caster tank, evasion tank... Or simply another concept but the same mechanics. I mean, what are BRD and MCH, apart from a different aesthetic ?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    A healer and a tank.
    (2)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Just look at how dumbed down Redmage is, not even any En spells. It does have more utility than other jobs, it does have healing and a rez at 68, sword moves are intrinsically linked to your spell casting but I think RuneFencer would have been a better name for that class. maybe thats just me. lol.
    Same could be said of BLM? I mean, in XI BLM had every element no? Here it's only got fire, ice, and thunder and Fire burns Ifrit. Every job's been dumbed down. I also disagree: RDM's swordplay is an afterthought to the job's way of play. I would agree with you if it were a melee that used its swordplay as a generator rather than a caster with a melee spender, however.
    (1)

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast