Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ether Surge
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70

What jobs are we hoping to see in the next expansion?

Let's see which jobs are the most wanted!

I'd like to see:

Geomancer( like the ff tactics style using terrain effects and status ailments)
    Beast master(using a whip and ferocious animals/creatures)
    Necromancer( unholy magic, zombie status effects, turning into Lich)
    (2)
    Last edited by ChrisB1985; 02-15-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Dancer
    Rune Fencer/Knight

If Stormblood is anything to go on, I feel it's all but inevitable they add Blue Mage and Dancer due to their respective popularity. Granted, they did mention wanting to create a job wholly unique to FFXIV. A greater concern is how they implement new tanks and healers. I'd like the next healer to have some greater degree of creativity put in. Astro essentially functions as WHM/SCH with cards.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Aevalis Wynterfyre
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Dancer, Geomancer, Necromancer would be my top 3 picks.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ryuji Akagane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Blue Mage.
    Gunblade.

I don't care much for the 'Dancer' idea floating around, popular though it may be. It seems like a recipe for disaster given that a lot of the gear and animations would likely be designed with feminine aesthetics in mind. So far, the developers have also expressed discomfort when it comes to designing gear that shows off the male form so I do not have faith that it would be handled well for those of us who would want DNC gear to be masculine and tastefully suggestive.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Dancer and a tank job whatever it may be.
    No more dps please..
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Nonni Brilante
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    If Stormblood is anything to go on, I feel it's all but inevitable they add Blue Mage and Dancer due to their respective popularity.
    Even though Yoshi has said repeatedly that Blue Mage wouldn't be a thing in XIV despite the popularity for it. Dancer probably will show up eventually given Yoshi's claim last time around that he wanted to get it "just right".

New jobs are also going to depend on where we go, as this is usually reflected in the jobs we have gotten with the other two expansions. Thavnair could give us the most common perception of Dancer (even though it could potentially be from anywhere) and some variant of Chemist. We also still have the rest of Othard, where a non-Hingan Geomancer could be possible along with Yoshi's intended third job for Stormblood of Oracle. If we were to explore some of the more northern islands such as Aerslaent, something like Viking could be a possibility. Then finally there's the rabbit hole of Old Sharlayan, which has a few possibilities for more magical-themed jobs.

Garlean-themed jobs? Although there is a possibility, I don't think we'll be there for a while.
    (3)
    If I wanted a rendition of FFXI, I would play FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Akimi Shiku
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 55
    I really really want Beast Master as a DPS/Tank!! Companion classes are fun and FFXIV has soo many cute/cool monsters I want to make friends with ;w;
    (11)
    They/them pronouns

Player
    Character
    Athaleiya Eclesiance
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Dancer as a healer. I'm all down for that. Mystic Knight for new tank. Elemental swords man.

Beastmaster will likely never happen... Yoshi-P had expressed his dislike of pet classes before....
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Tristain Desrosiers
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    These are purely predictions but they're based on what I think they can add without cannibalising existing job abilities and on what has yet to be thematically touched upon:

5.0:

-Blue Mage; possibly as a tank with shapeshifting capabilities.
    -Dancer; some people think it might be a melee healer, I think there's enough scope to add it as a distinct melee job either way, but healer is a logical assumption at this point. I echo Theodric's concerns about it.

6.0:

Assuming this expansion goes to Garlemald and we see more of a Garlean presence/possible integration of reformed or dissident parts of Garlemald, perhaps playing on the Populares/Optimates division...

-Gunblade; obvious pick, I expect it to be a 2H melee job
    -Chemist; a healer who uses non-magical means to heal, with cast times representing the mixture of potions, elixirs etc. (abstract resource units rather than actual inventory contents)

6.0 and beyond:

-Orator; this could be a warlock type buffer/debuffer, magic oriented support job, and ideally would use an orb if I got my way as its main weapon
    -Tamer; essentially a crossbow wielder with a pet
    -Necromancer; I believe it's unlikely, but it could be a type of Void Mage, since necromancy and the Void are intimately connected in FFXIV. Possibly fused with the Orator, as otherwise it may end up being nothing but a BLM/SMN hybrid.

Rune Knight is possible if they can find a way to not step on the toes of the already high number of melee jobs (e.g. SAM) that use aether-powered abilities, as well as RDM.

I think Geomancer is unlikely, as they've pigeonholed them as a type of CNJ, but it could still be done.
    (13)
    Last edited by Lauront; 02-15-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lorelei Diangelo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I'd like the next healer to have some greater degree of creativity put in. Astro essentially functions as WHM/SCH with cards.
    PREACH! Would love to see the devs really think outside the box for the next healer job. Doesn't have to be wholly unique to XIV (ie can borrow things like Chloromancer damage-through-healing design from Rift, or HoT-stacking Resto Druid goodness from WoW), but please no more WHM ripoffs.
    (5)

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast