Player
    Character
    Azu Muzo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70

Competitive Astrologos & Frontlines

I greatly enjoy playing Astrologos, Shatter & regular Feast on FFXIV but it seems to me like a large amount of players who do queue into those game modes are entering to simply run around & do there own thing. Before I get myself too deep into this, DOING YOUR OWN THING IS FINE! I'm not ripping on players who enjoy setting their own objectives & going off to do there own thing but I'm wondering if there's a community out there who's interested in competitive PVP?

Main reason I'm asking is because I'd love to join / start a competitive community of PVP-ers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mocha Fafa
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 70
    1) Queue Time - Experience Point ( EXP )
    2) Competitive Experience - No EXP / Reward

Choose 1
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Form an LS and queue up together... Oh wait premades are bad and for those of no skill.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Azu Muzo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I don't see how a premade group = no skill...? If it's 4 people communicating on mic & actually following a plan, theirs literally no down side. Also, an LS is server locked, I'm referring to data center wide.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    As it stands, the common viewpoint (that I disagree with) is that large scale PvP is casual by nature, but that's largely a player misconception, and not the truth of it. Well, maybe for those that approach it casually, but for those who learned the rules, call shots regularly, or group up with friends or other players they know, we play to win, and that's effectively all it takes to bring a little more competition into things.

It's what you make of it. We may not be able to convince Ashley Astrologian to do more than ride her pretty Whisper-Go into enemy teams or cast something other than Malefic III, but find those who want the same thing you do, and team up with them. Teach each other, help each other, and a competitive community for large scale PvP just might rise out of these ashes once again. There's also the added benefit of less room for bots.

P.S. He was being sarcastic about premades. They've often been the target of criticism.
    (1)

6. 02-14-2018 03:03 AM

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AzuMuzo View Post
    I don't see how a premade group = no skill...? If it's 4 people communicating on mic & actually following a plan, theirs literally no down side. Also, an LS is server locked, I'm referring to data center wide.
    Sorry my sarcasm is in full force today. What I have experienced on Primal is forming a discord. Find fellow people in matches who think like you and ask them if they want to join. The discord was people from all servers and then we would open up a party finder to invite people. Currently I just run a local server LS and discord but another LS/discord disbanded and so now some of the members are moving over to mine.

I have also had luck just with party finder and making it crossworld.
    (0)

8. 02-14-2018 03:12 AM

Player
    Character
    Azu Muzo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post

It's what you make of it. We may not be able to convince Ashley Astrologian to do more than ride her pretty Whisper-Go into enemy teams or cast something other than Malefic III, but find those who want the same thing you do, and team up with them. Teach each other, help each other, and a competitive community for large scale PvP just might rise out of these ashes once again. There's also the added benefit of less room for bots.

P.S. He was being sarcastic about premades. They've often been the target of criticism.
    I find that interesting because, when I was on my server looking around for PVP groups, I'm always told that no one takes PVP seriously. I find that's such a shame because I never get to experience that contents' intended experience to the fullest. FFXIV was never known to be strong in the PVP realm but I would love to at least try...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azu Muzo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    Sorry my sarcasm is in full force today. What I have experienced on Primal is forming a discord. Find fellow people in matches who think like you and ask them if they want to join. The discord was people from all servers and then we would open up a party finder to invite people. Currently I just run a local server LS and discord but another LS/discord disbanded and so now some of the members are moving over to mine.

I have also had luck just with party finder and making it crossworld.
    You think I could join your discord? XD
    (0)

11. 02-14-2018 03:16 AM

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AzuMuzo View Post
    I find that interesting because, when I was on my server looking around for PVP groups, I'm always told that no one takes PVP seriously. I find that's such a shame because I never get to experience that contents' intended experience to the fullest. FFXIV was never known to be strong in the PVP realm but I would love to at least try...
    Though things are quite different now, some of Aether's best PvPers moved from Balmung to Cactaur. And though perhaps the more serious focus is directed toward the Feast, that doesn't mean you can't strive for something greater.

Hell, you have my full support anytime.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Azu Muzo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    Though things are quite different now, some of Aether's best PvPers moved from Balmung to Cactaur. And though perhaps the more serious focus is directed toward the Feast, that doesn't mean you can't strive for something greater.

Hell, you have my full support anytime.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute... I'm on Cactuar & I NEVER see a single soul play PVP XD I must be missing something LOL
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast