Thread: Blitz ball

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    On a more serious note, if they do plan on bringing this in I'd like to see them implement a squadron like system and chocobo like system where we can recruit NPCs to our team and upgrade them as they play and either face another single player of NPCs or just a full NPC opponent ( because like other gold saucer mini game I just don't see the game leaving small cult following status) not sure how the game itself would play either in real time or turn based like we've seen before. My goal for this would make a lalafell beast in goal because I think that'd be hilarious seeing a little potato man making insane saves.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Genz Kawakami
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    New interview, talking about blitzball : https://mogtalk.org/2018/03/31/mogta...ews-yoshida-3/

There are two plans drafted, but it’s currently still pending. One idea is to recreate blitzball just like it was in FINAL FANTASY X. I’m sure there are lots of people who want this, but I can’t shake my concern that people would get tired of this after playing through it just once. That’s because for a form of playable content in an MMORPG, one playthrough takes a long time. We can reward Allagan tomestones, but if the player wants to gather tomestones, they would run something more time-efficient. Then, let’s say we implemented a designated swimwear. But once the swimwear incentive is gone, people won’t play it anymore. We know from experience that something that may be fun as a game does not necessarily work within an MMORPG. The other idea is an MMORPG-like blitzball, where you recruit NPCs from various regions to create your own team. The player would then send that team out to matches, and strengthen them through training. If you could imagine existing games that involve coaching characters, or simulation games, this idea would be akin to those. For an MMORPG, I believe this game design would be better received. But in this case, I can anticipate feedback along the lines of “this is not blitzball!” so it’s giving me quite the headache. Do you have any good ideas? : (
    This answer better be an april fool or a translation error, otherwise it's quite depressing.

I can’t shake my concern that people would get tired of this after playing through it just once
    If he doesn't believe in it, it's better to just forget it altogether. We don't need another botched mini-game, maybe try to make chocobo races better first before thinking about blitzball.

an MMORPG-like blitzball, where you recruit NPCs
    What is "mmorpg-like" in recruiting npc?!
    We don't need squadrons-bis, anyway...

I hope it's just a problem with blitzball, because here, there is a serious problem with Yoshida's vision. He's stuck in "fan-service" and we see here how it becomes problematic : he doesn't care about making a good mini-game, he just want to make blitzball for the sake of being able to say there is blitzball in FFXIV, and he'd be ok with a lazy shortcut like squadrons-bis.

It's a mmorpg, we have guilds and friends list. We want fun stuff to play with friends and guild members, so we want to be able to actually play blitzball, not watch npc doing it. And it doesn't need to be overcomplicated with levels and all (levels make it hard for friends to play together). It doesn't need to be exactly like FFX, which has its share of criticism. Make it speedier if play length is a problem.
    (3)
    Last edited by Genz; 04-02-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Genz View Post
    This answer better be an april fool or a translation error, otherwise it's quite depressing.
    It likely isn't. This has essentially been his answer since June last year, he just elaborated on how exactly he envisions the first option, namely as identical copy.

Personally, I'd say with that mindset, he better scrap his plans entirely. Blitzball isn't much more than soccer with the third axis being used for movement as well, if he really can't think of more than either a copypasta or a browser game, it's probably better to just let it go entirely.
    (3)

Character
    Rastiana Bel'briar
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Blitzball was the worst part of ffx... every time I had to do it I dreaded it... that said it (like several things I don't care for in this game) doesn't really effect me at all so i don't see any harm... except for more forum salt
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    I still want the blitz ball. If it's like that second option tho where ur just managing then no thanks, that'd just be the bad part of squadrons.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Takru Haru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Its bump time
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2