Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NolLacnala View Post
    No. I want to not make seven enemies the moment the boss dies because we enter pvp for tokens mode. And while you say "lazy just wants one run win"
    Then make seven friends before you even engage the boss. Agree on loot distrubution beforehand, run the whole thing 2, or maybe 3 times, everything gets their stuff and is done with it.

Several people, myself included, have laid out that you're doing fine without Sigma-gear. That there are alternatives to it aswell. I'd also like to mention that several runs of Sigma are helping you cap - so save for the times when you're really, really unlucky and/or lonely, you'll always get something out of it that will help you gear up (Psssst... tome-stone-gear is a thing!)

Yes, I'm okay with having to run this more than once. And I prefer the token-system over the random loot drops that we see in Rabanstre, for example. Because I dont have to pray for the gloves to be for my job, I know that with the glove-token I can just get gloves for any job I like them on.
    Trust me... with a dungeon-loot-like system you'd see a lot more of Sigma. And that the "one run, get what you want"-approach cant work doesnt has to be explained again.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thyn'a Sindyrl
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Lol I've never had this problem before, but this week I need just one spring...

.__. I've capped on mendacity running o7...

Sooooo yeah... Would be nice if they'd make some kind of change to the lotting system.

Like maybe, random chance + if you run it 8 times you get to just pick a piece.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kazela Arniman
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Seeing that we’re well into a second expansion featuring this system, it seems it’s here to stay.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daiki Sejuro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    I think it's fine as is but they do need to increase the number of springs and shafts that appear because having one appear like im like bruh...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Sure making a pre-formed like some said is one solution but it still points out a flaw in the system which some are so hard headed to understand.
    Some people can only actually win if they go in with others that had their loot already...
    Quote Originally Posted by NolLacnala View Post
    No. I want to not make seven enemies the moment the boss dies because we enter pvp for tokens mode. And while you say "lazy just wants one run win"

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE CURRENT SYSTEM DOES

5% of players "win" on their first run. 90% run1-3 times. Then you have the bottom 5% who are forced to run one fight 15+ times a week for ONE token.

And you think this is okay.
    It is pretty much this, every week needing to run every turn several times, one week i had so many runs in for Kefka i just gave up and did not get any loot.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nora Origo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    back in my day NM raids only dropped 2 pieces! and we liked it! /s

i dont have much time outside of my savage progression so i use it to gear my main job that Im too cheap to buy on MB, and the rest for my alt job. Some weeks i get all my intended loot in 1 run and some weeks it takes 5 runs each level. Idc, it gets me mendacity and works towards my tank achievement.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lahar
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    The normal mode raid loot system is the most frustrating way they could have done it. Not only do you have to roll need against the entire group but you’re not even getting an actual piece of gear, you’re getting half or even a quarter of a piece of gear.

And it doesn’t even get better with time, once the restrictions are lifted there’s no reason to not lot on a piece so everyone and their grandmother is going to be lotting on all items whether they even need it or not.

Yes you can run it with a PF or a static or whatever, but this is easy content that you’re far more likely to just run in DF and it is such a painful process.

I assume we’re going to be stuck with this system for the rest of omega but please PLEASE for 5.0 consider a new way to handle the normal mode loot system.
    With Sigmascape now unlocked, it is as you say, the need to get four shafts/springs for the chest/legwear is a pain due to competition.
    (2)

Character
    Deionarra Eidolon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't run NM 8-man Raids, nor the Savage versions, nor Ultimate content, nor EX Primals. I personally don't give a flying f*** about the rewards they offer, and memorizing mechanics isn't my idea of fun.

That said... I find it absolutely insane that some people are defending the wretched drop system for 8-man Raiding. It's not about whether the items are needed or not. It's not about providing an incentive to re-run content. It's not about whether the system is a major pain point for you personally, or not. It's about calling a spade a spade. If you're going to build a token system, do it right: don't make a half-dozen items where one will do. This is the same sort of shitty implementation that SE originally 'designed' for Glamours; remember when there used to be Prism tiers, separated out by craft no less? Good f***ing lord, it was dumb. Exactly as dumb as the current system for NM Raids is. It is indefensible, and should be changed. And this is coming from someone who will likely never run this content, and will certainly never seek the rewards - but I can recognize incompetence when I see it.
    (3)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7