Player
    Character
    Reiku Seraphia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliekin View Post

... it'd make SE have to have people actively spectate matches ...
    I know SE don't allow twitch streams to be used as evidence for reports, but with the new duty recorder, perhaps they can use that now?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Joe Popovic
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 31
    These are all excellent suggestions. If I may also add:

- Please include the other two maps (feasting grounds and lichenweed) into the map rotation.

Having only crystal tower be the only map will feel really repetitive, even with the random walls. Having the other two maps will keep things fresh and more interesting.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maneki Nekoleyus
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Reiku_Seraphia

The duty recorder can only be used in Jade Stoa sadly and even if it was usable in Feast all party members have to agree to the recorder ready check, so if the person who is a Foul player is in your group it's highly unlikely that they will agree to make incriminating evidence of themselves. It'd be up to the other team to do it and they'd have to do their record ready check before game start/engagement and when they realize the foul player is there it could be too late.. You also have to have free space on your hard drive.

We would have to ask SE to enable recording in feast matches and if they will see it as a viable and sufficient source of evidence.

This will not solve the problem of win trading though since this is something agreed upon by both teams and it's very unlikely that they are recording what they are doing.

There's also the issue of how such evidence would be submitted but that's beside the point.
    (0)
    Last edited by Oliekin; 02-13-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Agree wholeheartedly with these suggestions!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dio L'uomo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Now that I think about it if SE does implement duty recording to PvP it will not work using it to catch foul play. There are two main reasons why SE does not accept video or screenshot evidence against other players. 1 it can be edited or tampered with unjustly, even if it could be turned in in its raw form it still will not be accepted which brings me to
    reason 2 consent. If they implemented it into PvP it would send out a ready check to ALL participants and ALL of them would have to say yes. SE could get in trouble for banning players using footage they did not consent to being part of they have to catch them either in the act or them admitting to wht they are doing.

--->This Post is by the beckoning cat<----
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Screenshots I can see them not accepting. Editing video evidence of a game is REALLY difficult and time consuming. Every player would have to stage their actions just like actors on a movie set. You could erase a character from a scene but in no way would it look natural.

Also, as much as I'd like to be able to have the recording option in Feast (I even suggested it in a thread), since I've now found that it's tied to consent, I'd imagine the queues for Feast would be that much longer since let's say 3 of 4 people consent, but #4 is a healer, so 30 minute queue times drag on to 30 hours.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynric Caliburn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Fully agree on what's been said

I especially really would like to know the dev teams reasons behind the balances. Feels like we're in the dark a lot of the time and some of the changes they make come out of nowhere.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Brian Ricardo
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I agree with 100% of these suggestions as well!

@JoeP. SE said they will consider bringing them back based on feedback. I personally think it would be great too for variety and with the current system, they would not even need to edit them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kai Lee
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Im been talking with the pvp development guy over at SE to introduce some new additions to the feast 4.2 that I know a lot of people would be happy for. We are going to start adding power-ups from the Chocobo racing like briar patch, meteor, stamina tablet, Sprint boost, disable abilities (healers and dps are going to hate this one), heavy and fever. Please look forward to it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maneki Nekoleyus
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Stormfur
    The que times would be unaffected it's after you enter the duty that you initiate the record ready check, but the consent would more then likely be asked of both teams and everyone will have to say yes. Anyone who is planning to throw the match is definitely going to decline such a thing. Editing video isn't entirely what I meant that was more for the screenshot thing. Player consent would be the biggest issue behind video recording because for SE it's more a moral standpoint that they do not accept screenshots and video evidence. This is why they have the ready check for the duty recorder in the first place rather than just allowing people to use it record whoever they want in game.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast